It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan Spy Service Aids Insurgents, Reports Assert

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Pakistan Spy Service Aids Insurgents, Reports Assert

www.nytimes.com

The articles published today are based on thousands of United States military incident and intelligence reports — records of engagements, mishaps, intelligence on enemy activity and other events from the war in Afghanistan — that were made public on Sunday on the Internet. The New York Times, The Guardian newspaper in London, and the German magazine Der Spiegel were given access to the material several weeks ago.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk
www.spiegel.de

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 7/25/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
After some time of silence now we learn, that The New York Times, The Guardian and Der Spiegel had more information before, but were not allowed to use it before this sunday.

They used the time to check the informations, about 92.000 documents, reports by soldiers and vetted them as being legit.

This will be a lot of stuff to read for everyone. But will it change anything?

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Siddharta]

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 7/25/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Paying Pakistan over 1 billion dollars a year to attack our own troops? Sadly not many people can read in between the lines. I bet this story gets no media coverage. Disgusting.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Trouble in Little Chi
Paying Pakistan over 1 billion dollars a year to attack our own troops? Sadly not many people can read in between the lines. I bet this story gets no media coverage. Disgusting.

Eh, 3 of the biggest newpapers in the world are the first to publish the story...how is that not media coverage?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kolchakshat

Eh, 3 of the biggest newpapers in the world are the first to publish the story...how is that not media coverage?

The American sheeple generally aren't newspaper-reading folks. Also although I don't have the NY Times, I don't see this being the front-page news material it should be.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
$hit i take every thing back i said about wiki when i started to doubt them

The media tryed to keep the exspences claims of MP's secret but it got out and so will this after the build up.

Our BBC will be forced to cover the story if only to maintain a slight degree of pretending to report unbias news and have been degraded into having to report whats on the internet.

i don't have time just now to pick over the bones but i'm sure you guys will point out the meaty bits by tomorrow morning.

maybe worth takeing a few copyies of the pages less they vanish in a coverup.

well done wikileaks

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
That's playing a very dangerous game leaking classified information.....

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Yeah it would be nice to see people care. But media coverage doesnt mean they will. It would have to have the right spin. Basically, the news anchor on tv would have to reach out through the tv, grab people by their shirt and shake the crap out of them while shouting "Get up off your ass and DO SOMETHING!" But then, people are so ignorant, and intolerant of other perspectives that if they did do something it would only make things worse...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta

wikileaks war logs release should have a major impact on the hearts and minds of the people paying for this war

1 billion to pakistan who train insurgents for this never ending war

wounder if you americans mind paying for both sides of the war?

when will it be seen for what it is agood way to bunkrupt your country both financially and milatarily and morally

please force an end to this illegal war wikileaks we beleive in real journalizm thanks wiki and the op star and flag

xploder

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
So we pay a Pakistan spy agency, that supports insurgents, in a war we are fighting to prevent insurgents? Anyone know where this information was leaked at? On wikileaks or just in the NY Times article as a reference?

So here is a breakdown of reported kills in the war on terror according to these documents.

Enemy killed: 15,506
Civilians killed: 4,232
Afghan Army (ANA) killed: 3,819
Nato forces killed: 1,138

[edit on 25-7-2010 by ExPostFacto]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The media are saying they will provide all the information in a spread sheet for us to read. This seem very strange indeed to me and i wonder what they are up to.

people are so pissed off with big bro, big goverment and the banksters of this world that it will reach a stage where the slightest spark will kick things off and you never know but this could be just the spark that is needed.

Paying Pakistan over 1 billion dollars a year to attack our own troops? Sadly not many people can read in between the lines.

Please let us have your logic for saying this.

i'm not saying i think your wrong it's just not a path i've looked at and i like to leave no stone unturned but if this is true then why has india not pointed this out long before now or have i not been looking in the right places.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by LieBuster]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
What I find interesting is these documents sound an awful lot like part of the 50,000 cables Wikileaks denied having.

Makes one wonder if this is a partial release and if the juiciest stuff is being held in reserve as protection.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctor j and inmate c5779
Yeah it would be nice to see people care. But media coverage doesnt mean they will. It would have to have the right spin. Basically, the news anchor on tv would have to reach out through the tv, grab people by their shirt and shake the crap out of them while shouting "Get up off your ass and DO SOMETHING!" But then, people are so ignorant, and intolerant of other perspectives that if they did do something it would only make things worse...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Is Howard Beale still alive by any chance?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
That's playing a very dangerous game leaking classified information.....

its only classified because its imbarasing for those in charge
all wars are started for the benifit of a few
some are finacing both sides
some civilians are dying and this is being hidden by classifyed label
protect your own boarders

this war creates more war than it can win

ie a never ending war killing all but profiting a few who hide behind clasified label who finance both sides

public opinion will end this war when americans realize they are paying taxes to support their troops and the insugents for the eleits

XPLodER

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Time for a new ATS forum to discuss these documents in full. I have scanned over some of the information and it is unbelievable. The horrors of war laid out in full.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

Where is a direct link to the documents? I did scan over a news report that contained 300 or so on a map, but that is not all of them.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Wikileaks page

But the download links are returning 404 errors at the moment. Me thinks quite a few people are busy on their servers.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by proximo
What I find interesting is these documents sound an awful lot like part of the 50,000 cables Wikileaks denied having.

Makes one wonder if this is a partial release and if the juiciest stuff is being held in reserve as protection.

Thats a very good theory and i think a lot of people should consider this or that a deal was done to allow some of the news to come out as payment for not bringing up other more current news.

What ever way you look at it wikileaks have done a good job and we all need to make deals from time to time.

Mod i think we need a new sub-forum to cover these documents

[edit on 25-7-2010 by LieBuster]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The "early chatter" I'm picking on teh intrawebz is "yawn" or "so what," etc. Of course, nobody as far as I know has had time to read much of it so we shall see what emerges.

I'm with those that think this is potentially very dangerous, treasonous, and undermines security, but I'm not interested in wading into that philosophical argument. At this point, I'm more interested in what the actual outcomes will be. Again, we shall see.

I noted that the leaks supposedly contain ZERO material related to the CIA. Hmmm. I'll chew on that one for a little bit...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

A stream of US military intelligence reports accuse Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) spy agency of arming, training and financing the Taliban insurgency since 2004, the war logs reveal, bringing fresh scrutiny on one of the war's most contentious issues.

At least 180 files contain allegations of dirty tricks by the powerful agency with accounts of undercover agents training suicide bombers, bundles of money slipping across the border and covert support for a range of sensational plots including the assassination of President Hamid Karzai, attacks on Nato warplanes and even poisoning western troops' beer supply.

ex linky

www.guardian.co.uk...

xploder

top topics

<<   2 >>

join