It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States Air Force Project Blue Book

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
UNITED STATES AIR FORCE PROJECT BLUE BOOK From 1947 until 17 December 1969, the United States Air Force actively investigated reports and sightings of unidentified flying objects - UFOs, under a program called Project Blue Book. The project which was headquartered at Wright-Patterson AFB, was terminated in December of 1969 after 22 years. US Air Force Secretary Robert C. Seamans, Jr., terminated the project because the US Air Force could no longer justify the project for national security reasons or scientific study. After closing Project Blue Book the US Air Force has not publicly acknowledged any further interest in UFO sightings. The final results of Project Blue Book were: No UFO reported, investigated and evaluated by the Air Force was ever an indication of threat to our national security. There was no evidence submitted to or discovered by the Air Force that sightings categorized as "unidentified" represented technological developments or principles beyond the range of modern scientific knowledge. There was no evidence indicating that sightings categorized as "unidentified" were extra-terrestrial vehicles. Project Blue Book stated that the sightings of UFOs were the result of: A mild form of mass hysteria. Individuals who fabricate such reports to perpetrate a hoax or seek publicity. Psychopathological persons. Misidentification of various conventional objects. Project Blue Book investigated 12,618 UFO sightings and 701 of those sightings remained unidentified. Many UFO researchers feel that the investigations of the UFO sightings were unprofessional and unscientific. The program used poor research methods and researchers were too eager to label a mysterious sighting as "identified" phenomena. Individual researchers and UFO organisations believe that members of Project Blue Book were pressured to "identify" UFO sightings to calm the public hysteria about UFOs. This theory has been supported by the recent release of CIA documents pertaining to UFOs. They also suggest that any report that was initially perceived as unexplainable or would cause public concern was never included in Project Blue Book. They allege that these reports were passed on to a higher authority that never reported the results to the public. Project Blue Book, it seems, was just a low level collection and disinformation program created under Project Sign (of December 1947) which evolved into Project Grudge (of December 1948) to cover up the true investigation into the alien presence on Earth.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

Project Blue book is still going on, the cancellation of the project was a coverup. My Mom used to work at the pentagon and she knows people still involved in the project. I only heard about it recently and am surprised to find alost all the websites i have gone to stating that the project ended. Looking further into it. Will give further updates when I can.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I myself am interested in this subject. Any conversation would be to my likeing.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

Looking further into it. Will give further updates when I can.

Please do.

I'd be interested to hear more about this. A lot of people seem to think that just because there is a Government cover up it means they're in contact with "the Greys" or whatever.

I would wager that although the military definitely knows more about the issue than we do - they are still largely mystified with what's going on themselves. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see they are still researching the topic secretly, and a large part of the cover up has to do with the fact they have no clue what's going on either.

Thus no control over the situation - other than the ability to control the public perception over it.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
But there may be many explanations as to why they would still be researching UFO sightings not only for extra-terrestrial vehicles but also foreign planes / craft made by opposing countries which may be spying on the US. This would in my view be the most part of any investigation by the US government.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Zemouk

Absolutely. But in some ways that's what makes it that much more suspicious that once Blue Book ended, the military took this "official" policy of not investigating UFO sightings.

This was in the 60's, the Cold War was still on, they were busy developing their own stealth technology - you'd think if someone called them and said something strange just flew over my house - they'd look into it to make sure someone else hadn't beaten them to it.

Personally I think the bizarre, counter-intuitive ways the military has reacted to almost every major UFO event over the last 50+ years (Roswell, Kecksburg, Rendlesham, Phoenix, Stephenville, etc) is one of the best pieces of implicit evidence we have that something weird is definitely going on.

What it is - who knows - but it's not ALL hoaxes and overactive imaginations. If it's just secret spy planes - then geez there seems to be a lot of them hovering around...

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This message is step 1.

Try to understand.

Human nature is calamity.
Religon is a business,
and choas is life.

What if "they" tell a truth?
Would you be able to handle it?
Maybe, but what of your freind next to you, or next to him/her ?

Pure and absolute choas. To know that life co-exists with us. Interacts, lives and breathes among us. Frightening, shattering truths... ah.
Such is choas.

So you see, by saying not what need be said, or giving trace of saying, is better. Look for the words underneath the spoken.

There are simply things in this world, that we shouldn't know. And if we did, would it make an honest difference? Humans can't even conquer the indifference between themselves, so imagine the situation if "they" told.

Religon is also a key staple in business. Imagine how many people would riot, to find something that goes aginast their religon. How much choas would ensue over almost thousands of years of beliefs. All in a single statement.

"They" won't tell you.

The proof is in the research.
1.Cross refernce technological evolution with memorial 'incidents'
2.Also read the Bible much more closely, also read the Koran and the book of Tao.
3.Research into ancient religon
4. Study evolution of humans.

This is all I will say. But when you see the truth for what it really is...
will you have the heart to say something?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I agree most people wouldn't be able to handle it.

If there is more advanced life out there, capable of breaking our laws of Physics to get here, chances are it's more than just "technologically" ahead of us. It probably possess insights into the true nature of our Universe/reality/origins that would make our puny God-fearing heads explode.

It would be like us going into the animal kingdom and making every other living creature on this planet aware of it's own sense of "self". Nature, the very process that has developed life on Earth for billions of years, would completely collapse.

The Bible touches on this idea in the story of Adam & Eve. Man's Original Sin is eating from the Tree of Knowledge of Good & Evil and becoming "unlike all the other animals". Who knows what other apples there are on the road to higher self-awareness, and how dangerous they can be?...

But it sucks for those of us who have this deep unshakeable feeling that everything we think we know about this world is wrong. Being forced to take the Blue pill isn't all that great when you can't still shake the feeling it's all a giant farce and there's a Red pill out there somewhere.

Yeah maybe the truth hurts, but it'll also set you free.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Project blue book was a cover up by the president and the U.S military but why doent any body have the guts to find out and try to join what ever specialized team there is.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

Seems to me if we had the kind of flying spy craft we could put an end to any conflict in the world! I don't think they are of this world. Just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
From my research it's obvious to me that Project Blue Book was a public affairs stunt to squash public interest by trying at all cost to explain sightings even if it meant giving bogus explanations. And the Condon Report was flawed. Mr. Condon was a UFO skeptic to begin with and didn't even bother to investigate UFO sightings. His mind was already made up before the project ended. Then the USAF used the Condon Report to justify the termination of Blue Book and make the public think they had no more interest in UFOs. They use the Condon Report to this very day. It's disturbing.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
BTW... it's two months to say the least that i can't open the Blue Book Archive Website: all i get is a blank page.
Could someone else try and let me know please?

[edit on 1/10/2008 by internos]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

I also tried to open it, but I only got a blank page, just like you. Tried a couple of times more, with the same result.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Of course the government is going to say that the UFOs are no threat to our national security. They are probably making deals with them to harvest their technologies to make new aircraft for us. Either that or we are stealing their crashed UFOs to make new aircraft. Have you seen some of our aircraft? I have been looking at some of these and can't help but to wander. I have personally made a request to have copies made of the pictures and the documents from project blue book, project grudge and project sign. As soon as I get these documents and evaluate them I will be happy to put them on here or people can request them by sending me a message.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Even so, Captain Ruppelt's book is available free online from the NICAP Web site, and from that, if one assumes that very few, if any, of the USAF pilots and radar operators who filed reports during the period covered were lying, it's pretty clear that something remarkable was flying around up there. Sure, the hidden evidence might nail it, but even the data in this one book from the man that was in charge make a very strong case.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
After reviewing all of the BLUE BOOK reports with my team and some scientists we discovered that some of the findings for the solved cases were not natural causes. We have determined that 905 of these documents in total are not explained. The previous scientists that the government had we probably paid off or were under a lot of pressure to solve as many of these cases as possible.

new topics

top topics

join