It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge UFO Sighted In Tuaran, Malaysia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I just found this interesting report and picture of a UFO sighted over Sabahin Malaysia , no doubt the usual suspects will pop up and give the cloud formation explanation and for all I know it may be , but it is a an interesting image .
independence day anybody ?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0231228f39bb.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/601198e050ee.jpg[/atsimg]

Tuaran Beach Resort restaurant manager, James Dungil, 27, who were among the eyewitnesses said the object was sighted on Saturday around 4pm. “I was in the restaurant with some friends and saw some guests pointing up to the sky. “We were curious so we went out to see what the commotion was all about and I saw a round transparent object in the sky,” he said when contacted yesterday. James said he and some others then ran up to the resort’s family living room, located on the second floor, to have a better view. “I managed to take one photo before it disappeared out of sight,” he said, adding that there was no sound or shining light when the object vanished. Several other guests and employees, who claimed to have also spotted the object, said it hovered in the air for a few minutes before disappearing.

www.theborneopost.com...

[edit on 24-7-2010 by gortex]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
well I am assuming this pic was shot at the same time
as the witness says he saw it.

Around 4 pm ????

Look at the sun, it's close to sunset.
Where on earth does the sun go down
at 4 pm in the summer time ???

but never mind me
I'm just passing through

[edit on 24-7-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Very interesting. The sun is not also in the picture, so that rules out a lot of optical effects. Its edges are smooth well-defined, so it is definitely not a cloud, since all the clouds around it are ragged. Too bad he only got one picture.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Yummy! Space pancakes. Yeah, only one photos doesn't tell a whole lot! Why don't these people scream and tell their neighbors to take photos to prove that it's not a hoax? Huh?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter
Very interesting. The sun is not also in the picture, so that rules out a lot of optical effects. Its edges are smooth well-defined, so it is definitely not a cloud, since all the clouds around it are ragged. Too bad he only got one picture.

I'd also like to point out that the clouds in the sky have
a dark side away from the sunshine. There is no dark
side on that fake, errr I mean UFO

That means the maker of this CGI effect did NOT
add shadowing to his addition.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

We can't even see the sun, so how can you determine it's height?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
That has to be the worlds biggest chinese lantern......

Good picture but looks a little fake. Not sure what to make of it.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
If this was sighted by just one person then yes I would suspect image manipulation , but there are other whiteness which seems to imply something was there , who knows more pictures of the object may appear

Another witness, Donny Benedict, 29, said he did not believe in the existence of UFOs, but changed his mind upon watching the unusual sight.

Several other guests and employees, who claimed to have also spotted the object, said it hovered in the air for a few minutes before disappearing.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by gortex]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

We can't even see the sun, so how can you determine it's height?

look at the shadows on the clouds. Only on the sides !!!
if the sun was higher up in the sky, then the bottom of the
clouds would be dark as well as the opposite side.
But it's just a guess or theory. But ur free to
believe what you like

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I see this a few days ago and even though articles/blogs etc.. state more witnesses where there see below:

"We came out of a hall to see what the commotion was all about and I saw a round blue disc in the sky. It turned green a few seconds later," the Star Online quoted her as saying.

Several other guests and employees, who claimed to have also spotted the object, said it hovered in the air for a few minutes before disappearing.

Some even claimed that their handphones "went dead" when they tried to record the object with the devices.

Source story.malaysiasun.com
I just do not see how only one photograph was captured.If there was a fair few witnesses then would they not be trying to snap it as quick as possible be it cameraphone/camera/video cam etc.. i know i would.
Still only opinion and still a good photograph.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by k3rm1t]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Sunset in Malaysia at this time of the year .
24 Jul 2010 Sunset 19:28 Length of day 12h 16m 10s
So not that far away

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
So, all these witnesses saw it hovering there for 'a few minutes'....

This is a holiday resort right?

People generally take their cameras with them on holiday, we even have cameras in our phones these days.....

Only one photo gets taken and this thing is there for 'a few minutes'.....

Not a bad manip but this is certainly NOT something from another planet.

MR

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Without seeing the sun, you can't determine it's height, it's pointless to speculate on it's location.

But for the record, sunset in Malaysia has been around 19:30.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Two things-

1), The photo has reflections on it, it was taken through a window.

2) The trees (and one roof top) in the back seem to have been hit with a typical photoshop "outer glow" filter effect (notice they glow with a white halo over the blue ocean/sky whatever it is).

That is all I see so far.

Altered pic taken from behind glass.

I'm looking in other areas of the photo and I'm seeing a lot of reflections and most "probable" photoshoping on the background.

I may be wrong...just sharing my thoughts.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Mr Mask]

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
What if this has something to do with what was reported in China ?, they are both in the same neck of the woods , a mere 2,247 miles apart.
www.travelmath.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
What if this has something to do with what was reported in China ?, they are both in the same neck of the woods , a mere 2,247 miles apart.
www.travelmath.com...

What if it is a photoshopped pic, complete with an "outer glow" effect on the background trees and one roof?

I'm sure we all all agree on the same explanation as soon as we get to the bottom of this.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I think its a reflection of a light shade on the window. You can make out the ceiling. I have a light shade very similar as i only like flush fittings.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by tarifa37]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
More people may have taken photos,just because there is only one photo on ATS does not mean that there is only one photo,not everyone wants to be famous or ridiculed.The same applies to many UFO sightings,if the witnesses are credible i see no reason why they would make up stories,nothing to gain by looking stupid.This could be real or it could be anything,I like to remain open minded about these sightings.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
It looks pretty fake to me. What I never understand about these sort of shots is why they only take one photo. I'd be snapping away continuously until I ran out of space on my camera. And as somebody else said, it's a holiday resort, yet only one person took a photo...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
If it's a reflection how is it the object has cloud below it ?
If it's photoshopped how is it there are reports from multiple whiteness ?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join