It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation: 4th Bowl Prophecy Happening Now?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Could the Bible Prophecy fourth angel bowl judgement in Revelation be occurring now?

Due to the record breaking heat wave that is occurring across the country, many people are reporting burns on their feet. The pavement is so hot and the burns are so bad that the skin is falling off and they have to be treated at the hospital for second degree burns. 100 degree plus temperatures in New York and Washington D.C. is very uncommon so it makes you wonder.

Now lets refer to the 4th angel bowl judgment in Revelation:

The fourth angel poured out his bowl onto the sun. The sun was given power to burn the people with fire. They were burned by the great Heat and they cursed the name of God. God is the one who had control over these troubles, but the people refused to change their hearts and lives and give glory to God.

I don't know for sure if it is the fourth bowl judgement or not, but if you consider that the second and third bowl judgements had to do with the water turning to blood, then this could be a possibility. As you recall the waters of the gulf sort of resemble blood.

So what do you think?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by prophecywatcher

My personal opinion is that the fourth bowl prophecy is describing something much worse than this.
I have a theory that depletion of the ozone layer might have something to do with it.
The current heat wave is comparatively trivial- have we really got people cursing God because of it? That has to be something really bad.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

I agree...And people loosing the skin on their feet??

Wear friggin shoes!!!!!!

Here in Australia 100+ is common...
Pathments get hot, especially the black ones.

We have advanced to the stage of wearing animal hides on our feet..

Are those in the US not that smart yet?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Heat waves tho rare in some areas are not unheard of and never have been. Anyone with common sense knows that pavement absorbs heat from the sun, step on it barefoot, you burn your feet.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

All I can say is that I always walked around barefoot when I was younger and never had burns. The temperature rarely made to 85 degrees in the summer. Back then, that was considered a heat wave.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

possibly this heat wave is a warning of what is to come, could be just the beginning.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I reckon that when the "fourth bowl" happens, people will feel scorched all over.
For that matter, the state of the sea resembles the second trumpet, at most, rather than the second bowl. I see the bowls as the final stage of the trumpet process, and I don't think we've got that far yet.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
This 4th bowl theory would jive with a dream I had. I saw a face in the sun, and boy it was pissed off. It had a corona of esoteric symbols. I was trying to direct someone out of the path of its wrath, but she couldn't escape. She died as she ran.

I screamed in rage at the sun, and ran at it full of wrath. He jumped down and ran, and he escaped into a hatch in the floor. I ran to it and looked in it. It was a weird kind of holographic projector or something.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Student X]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
New York has a heat wave every two years or so that surpasses the 100 degree mark. So does Chicago. So does Minneapolis. So does Fargo. Therefore, this bowl has taken 40+ years to pour out (That's where MY experience, living in a Northern State, is limited to) and fulfill any prophecy.
Your thread-topic worries me not.

But, I really like the anti-climactic route the doomsayers miss (reality) every single time.

Cuhail

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by prophecywatcher
100 degree plus temperatures in New York and Washington D.C. is very uncommon so it makes you wonder.

So what do you think?

Well, I've lived in the Washington area for 35 years and I gotta say that 100 degree plus temperatures are not uncommon. This many for such a long period of time? Yes, absolutely uncommon.

However, I'd like to imagine a deity coming up with something more extravagant than a few weeks of temperatures between 85-105 to herald the apocalypse. Just sayin'.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I do believe it is possible that the book of revelations was trumped up a bit to make it sound painful and agonizing. I also believe it is not literal, but more figurative of how someone many years back might see these occurrences in a vision, then write it down after the vision. I do see the earth being scorched right now with a heat wave. The heat is intense the corn crops are drying up, like shriveled stalks of corn without bearing the corn. There is a reference to this that a third of the crops were burned. I think we may see a vast reduction in the amount of food supply by the end of this year. My own garden, some of the vegetables were fried before even growing. Although my cucumbers, zuccini and squash tripled in amount from previous years. They grew like weeds.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I think people should try shoes. They work for me.

Maybe we could do some service for the community: Hold signs on the corners saying "Try wearing shoes. It's hot!"

[edit on 23-7-2010 by pirhanna]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Scientists believe the sun will emit a CME (Coronal Mass Ejection) by 2014. If it's large enough it could envelop the earth. The function of the earth's magnetic field is to protect it from this. planetarysocietyindiaDOTblogspotDOTcomSLASH2010SLASH06SLASHwill-world-end-in-2013-geo-magenticDOThtml

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
probably refers to a solar flare or storm

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I think we still have a bit of a wait left on the fourth bowl.

I cannot help but think about all the prophesies that speak of the sun turning off for three days. I believe even the bible mentions the sun going dark for several days; days marked with insanity I believe.

I have accepted the "Electric Universe" model already and considering our solar system is moving through the galactic center/precession of the Milky Way I cannot help but wonder if we will not be bombarded by forces from our Galaxy's center. Our Sun is reactive to what is being received from across the chasms; I have noted a change these past few years, the light is more intense.

I notice less and less people go outside in the Sun. Even the darker folks are going non-solar these days. I rarely see true tans and when I do see a tan it is usually obvious that it is man-made UV; especially people on TV.

I think about the Hopi Elder Speaks prophesy

"There is a river flowing now very fast. It is so great and swift that there are those who will be afraid. They will try to hold on to the shore. They will feel that they are being torn apart and will suffer greatly."

The interpretation to this river for me represents a Galactic Force. Sent to us like the flow of a great river. This flow will run through everyone and everything. Inside it will open us to what we really are; if there are demons or fear then people will fight to hold on to their realities instead of allowing the flow to wash over them.

"Know the river has its destination. The elders say we must let go of the shore, Push off into the middle of the river, Keep our eyes open, And our heads above the water."

The final part is to look around and see who is there with us and to celebrate.

This to me is the Fourth Bowl. The ambient heat of Summer is nothing compared to the forces that are at work through your retina and cellular walls. One day we may wake up and it will be completely black outside because we ourselves are blinded from within; or, we may wake up and revel in our Connectedness to the Universe.

The Scientific Community has been sending the word out as best as they can. I have considered the words of NASA and others such as Michio Kaku.

My guess is that the Sun will get the last word in!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Thanks for all of your interesting replies. Personally, I have never seen so many hot days where I live. The weather report says that July 2010 has been the hottest July on record. So I can tell that there is an unusual change in the weather. Something that I thought was worth mentioning.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

I agree, it could have been trumped up a bit, so that when it happens, only those who believe will understand the signs. But then again, maybe these are warnings for much worse things that are yet to come.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I want to add my two cents about these verses in Revelations. I don't think they are to be taken literally at all.

The 'sun' is actually a reference to the 'god of this world'. When the fourth angel pours his bowl or vial onto the sun and the sun scorches men with fire, I take this to mean that the 'god of this world' is really going to pull out the whips on people.

Is this event happening right now, I'm not sure. Ultimately I would say no.

'...and men blasphemed the 'god of heaven' because of their pains and sores and repented not..'

the 'god of heaven' is not to be confused with the 'god of this world'.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I mainly posted this thread to make everyone aware that this could be a possibility.

If you are a watcher of signs, as I am, its important to keep this in mind. It may not be thee sign, but it is highly unusual no doubt. There is another post here on ATS that discusses how this could be the hottest year on record.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

There's certainly no harm in keeping an eye out for things.
That's why I think there's advantage in getting to know Revelation as a whole, so that we get a better idea of where we might be in the story

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join