It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Shuttle Discovery Mission STS-48 Captures Potential UFOs on Film

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   
On September 15, 1991, between 20:30 and 20:45 Greenwich Mean Time, the TV camera located at the back of Space Shuttle Discovery's cargo bay was trained on the Earth's horizon while the astronauts were occupied with other tasks. A glowing object suddenly appeared just below the horizon and "slowly" moved from right to left and slightly upward in the picture. Several other glowing objects had been visible before this, and had been moving in various directions. Then a flash of light occurred at what seemed to be the lower left of the screen; and the main object, along with the others, changed direction and accelerated away sharply, as if in response to the flash. Shortly thereafter a streak of light moved through the region vacated by the main object, and then another streak moved through the right of the screen, where two of the other objects had been. Roughly 65 seconds after the main flash, the TV camera rotated down, showing a fuzzy picture of the side of the cargo bay. It then refocused, turned toward the front of the cargo bay, and stopped broadcasting.

SPACE SHUTTLE DISCOVERY MISSION STS-48 CAPTURES UFOs ON VIDEO Description of Events On September 15, 1991, between 20:30 and 20:45 Greenwich Mean Time, the TV camera located at the back of Space Shuttle Discovery's cargo bay was trained on the Earth's horizon while the astronauts were occupied with other tasks. A glowing object suddenly appeared just below the horizon and "slowly" moved from right to left and slightly upward in the picture. Several other glowing objects had been visible before this, and had been moving in various directions. Then a flash of light occurred at what seemed to be the lower left of the screen; and the main object, along with the others, changed direction and accelerated away sharply, as if in response to the flash. Shortly thereafter a streak of light moved through the region vacated by the main object, and then another streak moved through the right of the screen, where two of the other objects had been. Roughly 65 seconds after the main flash, the TV camera rotated down, showing a fuzzy picture of the side of the cargo bay. It then refocused, turned toward the front of the cargo bay, and stopped broadcasting. "Star Wars" over Australia? By Graham Stewart One of the most spectacular video footages of a UFO encounter was taken by cameras on board the Discovery space shuttle on 15 September, 1991. The video sequence was picked up live by a number of amateurs who were directly monitoring the transmissions. The material has been shown in news broadcasts and circulated amongst UFO researchers worldwide. The video shows several small bright objects manoeuvering on screen, apparently interacting with one another in a complex fashion. Sceptics have usually insisted these are merely shots of some of the many small ice particles which inevitably end up in orbit with every space shuttle. UFO investigators were quick to dispute this interpretation, and US scientist Richard C. Hoagland soon conclusively demonstrated the objects were actually large-sized and many hundreds of kilometres away from the shuttle. One UFO in particular appears to rise up from below the Earth's dawn horizon and can be clearly seen emerging from behind the atmosphere and the 'airglow' layers. It is certainly in orbit around the Earth, some distance out in space, and travelling quickly. A sudden, bright flash of light is then seen to the left of the picture, below the shuttle. The UFO then turns at a sharp angle and heads out into space at very high speed. Two thin beams of light (or possibly condensation trails) move rapidly up from the Earth's surface towards where the UFO would have been if it had continued in its original orbit. Subsequently, careful analysis of the video shows that: The distance from the Discovery to the Earth's horizon is 2,757 kilometres The UFO's speed before accelerating into space is 87,000 kph (Mach 73) Three seconds after the light flash, the UFO changes direction sharply and accelarates off into space at 340,000 kph (Mach 285) within 2.2 seconds Such an acceleration would produce 14,000 g of force (1g is normal Earth gravity) The light flash and light beams (or contrails) that shoot into space have variously been described as a ground-based attempt to disrupt or destroy the UFO. Hoagland interprets the incident captured by the Discovery's videocamera more specifically as a "Star Wars" weapons test against a Star Wars drone (the UFO). Other UFO investigators prefer to describe it as a Star Wars attempt against an extraterrestrial UFO. Whichever version you prefer, the technology implied is most certainly impressive - at least of Star Wars calibre. More recently, from New Zealand, investigators have reviewed the video and corrected the actual time it was taken. They have found that the UFO incident was recorded over Australia and not the Philippine islands as was originally thought. Discovery's trajectory had already taken it across Surabaya in Java and above the Simpson Desert, Western Australia. The UFO is first picked up coming over the horizon when the shuttle is close to Lake Carnegie, WA. Later, the light flash and one contrail can be tracked back to Exmouth Bay near the North West Cape military facility. A second contrail can be tracked back to the Pine Gap military facility in central Australia. US investigators have been asking their Australian counterparts to provide further information which they don't have and which they probably can't get. All the information we have on this incident so far comes from the US or New Zealand. And, of course, there are Australia's stringent secrecy laws to contend with. The scenario was probably captured on video purely by chance. Along with other UFO incidents recorded on video by NASA, this material has contributed significantly towards NASA's recent decision to discontinue live television transmissions from space. reprinted with permission

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Back in the day you were able to see the video of this whole scene. How come none of the pictures of this incident nor any video coverage is available to see anymore??

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Plenty of links in past threads on this... I'm sure an ATS search will turn them up....

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
i have the video in question if ya need help finding other stuffs let me know.... [email protected]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I love the STS-48 UFO footage, among my all time favorite UFO vids.

I saw a link to this debunking site in another thread:

www.debunker.com

On the site ( click here ) this guy debunks the UFO's in the STS-48 mission footage.

I was just wondering what you guy's thought of his claim that the UFO's are nothing more than ice and small debris particles and their sudden change of direction is due to getting blown away by the shuttle's RCS jets that fire every couple of minutes to keep the shuttle on it's desired course in orbit. I suppose it's a possibility, conventional wisdom of course, but I still find the video too amazing to be something so simple. Any thoughts?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I don't know, if they WERE ice they looked too far away to me to be affected by the space shuttle in any way. It looked very far away....

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I have searched on the web and no where can I find footage of the video either.

plenty of links but all the links I find are broken.

Where can I get a copy?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Plenty of links in past threads on this... I'm sure an ATS search will turn them up....

I've been searching for ATS threads for the past 2 days and can't find a thing on it. Even the link to the original article has a list of 'related threads' that are totally unrelated. Almost every thread on this forum includes a comment from a moderator to "use the search function" but it seems you have to be an old hand and know exactly what words were included in the thread titles to get any useful results from a search. If the site can't come up with a better search facility, moderators could at least post the relevant links. If that's too hard for the moderators, members shouldn't be expected to be able to do it either.

I'd like to know what's been discussed about the STS-48 video on this forum in the past, I'm sure there's been a lot of good discussion on it over the years, but as it stands I can't find a thing.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
www.ufoevidence.org...

Scroll down and click one of the bottom links for the video.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Fine,

Here's one, took about 20 seconds with ATS search...

Some search tips, use "last year" not the standard 3 months, and also use text of thread instead of Subject only...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Ahhh... you need to know exactly when it was discussed and that turns up one thread with two posts. Good stuff.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by livenlearn
www.ufoevidence.org...

Thanks LivenLearn, it looks like a good link. I'll check it out.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I remember watching TV footage of the crew working on Hubble. It was on a program simply called NASA if I recall. My guess at the time was that it was a live feed from the shuttle. I remember being really wowed by the ring like objects flying in and out of our atmosphere and changing directions and everything. It was obvious to me that these things were nowhere near the shuttle. I called my little sister over to watch it, but buy the time she got there it was long over. The camera was angled into the bay and the footage suddenly stopped.

Time and place.... Long ago in a land far far away (I can't remember the date, it was a long time ago)

To this day the fact that the program went off the air still bothers me. I know they're hiding something.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by snotbooger

Originally posted by livenlearn
www.ufoevidence.org...

Thanks LivenLearn, it looks like a good link. I'll check it out.

This is a pretty cool link. Try reading some of the "Astranauts Sightings" links there. Some fascinating information on what was supposedly edited from the conversations as the men were on the moon during the Apollo missions.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but that has got to be some of the best footage to help prove the existence of UFOs. That missile was moving so fast, for that object to turn around and go in the opposite direction so fast is amazing.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
To make it easier for anyone that's having trouble finding the video clip in question, here's two direct links...

right-click, save target as:

Close-Up angle (Quicktime)

Main vid, three different angles(MPEG)

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meteor_of_War
On the site ( click here ) this guy debunks the UFO's in the STS-48 mission footage.

I was just wondering what you guy's thought of his claim that the UFO's are nothing more than ice and small debris particles and their sudden change of direction is due to getting blown away by the shuttle's RCS jets that fire every couple of minutes to keep the shuttle on it's desired course in orbit. I suppose it's a possibility, conventional wisdom of course, but I still find the video too amazing to be something so simple. Any thoughts?

Hi Meteor,

This article is crappy. Ice particles explanation has been swept by physicist Jack Kasher, who provided not one but five differents solid proofs that it was impossible. Try to get the Kasher video and judge by yourself.

[edit on 16/2/2005 by Musclor]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Ahhh... you need to know exactly when it was discussed and that turns up one thread with two posts. Good stuff.

Nah, I always use "last year", hehe... It does help to know approximately when to search though... The biggest mistake most use though, is looking only at the subject when searching. Have it look at the text...

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Musclor

Hi Meteor,

This article is crappy. Ice particles explanation has been swept by physicist Jack Kasher, who provided not one but five differents solid proofs that it was impossible. Try to get the Kasher video and judge by yourself.

Thanks for the feedback Musclor.

Also, there are several other moving objects floating around that are visible in the clip that do not move when the UFO moves. If this was indeed caused by the shuttle's RCS jets, I think we'd see all the other objects move away from the shuttle as well.

Not to mention how far off from the shuttle the UFO is anyway (best shown in the "main vid" I posted a D/L link to).

The STS-48 vid still stands un-debunked.

[edit on 16/2/05 by Meteor_of_War]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I've been searching for ATS threads for the past 2 days and can't find a thing on it. Even the link to the original article has a list of 'related threads' that are totally unrelated. Almost every thread on this forum includes a comment from a moderator to "use the search function" but it seems you have to be an old hand and know exactly what words were included in the thread titles to get any useful results from a search. If the site can't come up with a better search facility, moderators could at least post the relevant links. If that's too hard for the moderators, members shouldn't be expected to be able to do it either.

Oddly enough, I always had the exact opposite problem. I would read about stuff like the STS videos (there are other ones also; not sure if anyone was aware), or Dulce, or Majestic 12, and I would always want to start topics about said subjects, but then I'd do a search for them and turn up like 9 million from a year to a couple of years ago. So I'd just end up reading those and usually all of my questions would be answered.

In any case, yeah, there are three (or four?) STS videos I've seen and each one looks pretty convincing. There are couple where the camera is facing directly at the Earth and you can see multiple sized objects flying back and forth across the screen at different speeds and in a very straight, direct manner.

Could be UFOs, could be ice particles on a mission from god. I'd lean more towards the former, but probably only because "I want to believe" and all that silly stuff.

I can't actually remember where I downloaded the different STS videos (someone probably posted the link in this thread somewhere), but if anyone isn't able to find them, I'll reply with my AIM screen name and send them to anyone that wants to check them out. -- That has AIM. Hehe.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join