It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racial tension

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Can anyone explain to me:

Why is there so much racial tension portrayed in American media?

I have been to the US dozens of times, all across the US, and I have never seen racial tensions close to what is shown on TV.

Do they just make this stuff up?

I have found 99% of you americans to be very sociable, polite people, so why do you let your media show this BS?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
yes its made up. to perpetuate division, and fear amongst others. Im not sure where you are from/live but im sure you know, america's history. they sure love to exploit it and not let us forget. i for one am on to their game so i turn a blind eye to all of it. we can decide what the media portrays? thats a new one to me...

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
There is too much money involved to stop racism in America.

Every minority has it's own charities, functions, celebrations, etc.

The government supports racism with outdated laws going on 60 years about affirmative action, school admissions, loans, housing, etc.

We are one people divided by our differences and diversity. Be it good or bad, that's the way it is. Media seems to concentrate on the bad as the good doesn't make headlines.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Well there's a lot to your question. The media's current fixation with race has to do with...

1) The first black president and the level of opposition that comes from only that

2) The notoriety of the teaparty and the weighing of the element of racism already shown against "what they aren't" vs the motivation of the whole idealogy of the teaparty.

Racism attracts interest and is flammable, it brings out strong reactions. That's why you see it right now, something wants extreme distraction from people seeing that things are sarting to change.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies!

I guess it just goes to show how far greed/sensationalism can corrupt.

Are there any movements to stop stuff like this, say boycotting media outlets that really push racism?

[edit on 23-7-2010 by peck420]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

Why is there so much racial tension portrayed in American media?

The MSM media in the US concentrates on "news items" (if you can call them that), which evoke strong responses, and as a result, increase viewer-ship and reader-ship. Very few stories talking about the good that people do, are reported on, because the MSM views them as "boring".
Alfred Harmsworth said it best:

When a dog bites a man, that is not news, because it happens so often. But if a man bites a dog, that is news.

It is why the MSM media is losing readership and viewership. People are getting wise to their antics.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
My personal opinion is that the media concentrates on anything that will divide and conquer. The people of America hold an enormous amount power to change our government, keeping us arguing will prevent us from joining together to oppose the real culprits. From Gay rights to immigration, from race to political parties, it's all designed to keep us in disagreement.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.-John3.17

if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!-2Cor5.17

The Scripture does not say "and to seeds," meaning many people, but "and to your seed," meaning one person, who is Christ.-Gal3.16

The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them.
-Is11.6

When he saw Jesus passing by, he said, "Look, the Lamb of God!"-John1.36

Who is this coming from Edom, from Bozrah, with his garments stained crimson? Who is this, robed in splendor, striding forward in the greatness of his strength?-Is63.1

Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing in the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. He had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.-Rev5.6

with seven regions commonly regarded as continents – they are (from largest in size to smallest): Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Antarctica, Europe, and Australia.

The melting pot is a metaphor for a heterogeneous society becoming more homogeneous, the different elements "melting together" into a harmonious whole with a common culture. It is particularly used to describe the assimilation of immigrants to the United States; the melting-together metaphor was in use by the 1780s.

and the cooking pots in the LORD's house will be like the sacred bowls in front of the altar.-Zech14.20

[edit on by No King but Jesus]

top topics

join