It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan Says No to Feds - Starts using its own currency

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
As ConnectMidMichigan reports, "New types of money are popping up across Mid-Michigan and supporters say, it's not counterfeit, but rather a competing currency. Right now, you can buy a meal or visit a chiropractor without using actual U.S. legal tender."

www.thetruthseeker.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Interesting, I live like 20 minutes away from michigan I wonder if Indiana will do The same...

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I sure hope this takes off like wild-fires.

The bankers can keep all their fake money while America brings value back to the community.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

thats cool, but i have a feeling the feds are going to jump on this quick, they dont want people using something that doesn't support there all powerful masters (the bankers)

(ps, why is this on the Board Business & Questions board?)

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I can see that working for local products, but not so much for out of state merchandise.

Might as well pay for a 60 inch sony television with a rock.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
This will last as long as a snowflake in hell. There are laws against this, of course. There is no way that our masters will ever allow us to simply take our freedom that easily. No, we will have to seize it from them - with violence if necessary.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
More power to them. I like how the states are starting to reclaim the power they once help. First AZ now Michaigan. I hope this starts the ball rolling for the states to wake up and force the Govt to change for the better. I mean is pretty obivous the people arent happy, and the states can see this and are trying to help but I guess the Fed doesnt get it. Reminds me of the Lincoln thing with the Greenbacks. I hope this works out for them, but of course the Fed will stop it because they suck the teit of the bankers.
GO MICHIGAN!!

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I love it! So many people are fed up with the government, the big bankers, ect.
Even if it doesn't last long, it will probably be the start of something, at least restless nights for the "masters" or so I hope so.

This is very interesting!

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
South dakota has done it right they have started their own state bank

motherjones.com...’s-only-state-owned-bank-became-envy-wall-street

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Tinkertrain

Mr. Tinkertrain

That sounds fair to me - a rock for a Sony TV - what's wrong with that ?

Seriously I hope this takes off and I believe there is already a sort of bartering of skills for services in the UK starting........ primarilary because everything is too expensive and most people are broke....

regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
They sure aren't promoting this all over Michigan, I followed the news here carefully and haven't heard a word about this, wonder if it will hit the main stream news...the area's they are talking about here are very small towns..

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Tinkertrain
Might as well pay for a 60 inch sony television with a rock.

Just as silly as paying for a 60 inch Sony tv with a piece of paper, ya?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
There are laws against this, of course.

What laws?

People, the state of Michigan is not printing money. People that live in Michigan are accepting alternate methods of payment at their businesses; its called barter and it is common everywhere.

Check out the Craigslist barter ads.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by cavscout

It would be just as silly if the whole world gave that rock a value.

But since they don't then the rock is just a rock.

So no.

And no the rock is not a precious gem, the rock is just your ordinary backyard rock. So we can not play the what if the rock was a jewel game.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Tinkertrain
reply to post by cavscout

It would be just as silly if the whole world gave that rock a value.

But since they don't then the rock is just a rock.

So no.

And no the rock is not a precious gem, the rock is just your ordinary backyard rock. So we can not play the what if the rock was a jewel game.
If nobody wants that dollar bill, then the rock has more inherent value.

You can use it to stone some witch or adulterer.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Okay you guys are nit picking so much that now the rock rock is worth more because you can bludgeon a witch with it?

You want to know who wants that dollar?

The suppliers.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
This will last as long as a snowflake in hell. There are laws against this, of course. There is no way that our masters will ever allow us to simply take our freedom that easily. No, we will have to seize it from them - with violence if necessary.

actually there isn't a law saying you cannot print your own currency.
The law states you cannot copy existing US Federal Reserve Notes.

If you want to print the Greenbacks again, all you need is
an organization or community to accept it for it's face value.

And btw, Michigan is not the first to do this.

Local Currencies: Communities Printing Own Money To Keep Cash Flowing

www.huffingtonpost.com...

been going on since 2006.

And another reminder, states printing it's own currency
was a prelude to state successions just before the Civil War.
NC printed it's own currency in 1861.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
These competing currencies are called "scrip," and they pop up in the American economy from time to time, either to provide a means of exchange during hard times (the Great Depression) or to allow an employer to control the local economy ("I owe my soul to the Company Store....") They are worthless outside of the narrow social circle in which they circulate. Still, it is a comment on the state of the economy that in some regions credit is so tight that scrip has started to replace the usual channels.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Got to start paying my property taxes in pelts.

Then I can finally quit working.

Michigan should watch out. The Liberty Dollar folks got raped up the wazoo by the feds.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
What they are doing is NOT illegal...

Under US law, small communities can produce their own currency so long as it does not include coins and does not resemble federally-issued money. The currencies are not a tax dodge as the income to participating businesses is liable to tax.

Source

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join