It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experts Discover Solar Music

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
This is amazing!
The magnetic fields of the suns atmosphere actually creates "music" like the plucking of a string or blowing a wind instrument.

The sound bite linked below sounds like "OHMMMMMM"

www.spacedaily.com...

Musical sounds created by longitudinal vibrations within the Sun's atmosphere, have been recorded and accurately studied for the first time by experts at the University of Sheffield, shedding light on the Sun's magnetic atmosphere.
Using state-of-the-art mathematical theory combined with satellite observations, a team of solar physicists from the University have captured the music on tape and revealed the harmonious sounds are caused by the movement of giant magnetic loops in the solar corona - the outermost, mysterious, and least understood layer of the Sun's atmosphere.

These giant coronal loops have also been observed to undergo periodic (oscillatory) motion, which can be thought of as someone plucking a guitar string (transversal oscillations) or blowing the wind-pipe instrument (longitudinal oscillations). With the length and thickness of the string fixed, the pitch of the note is determined by the tension of the string and the tone is made up of the harmonics of the modes of oscillation.

Magnetic coronal loops form a solar harmonica with temperature over a million degrees. The average length of these loops are a few 100,000 km.

The sound of the Sun....listen to it here:
soundcloud.com...

[edit on 21-7-2010 by Zeptepi]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
That was wonderful.

I am so happy to see a renewed interest in celestial bodies.

The zealots kept us from our heavenly bodies for a good 1800 years but we're back in the saddle again.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
That was wonderful.

I am so happy to see a renewed interest in celestial bodies.

The zealots kept us from our heavenly bodies for a good 1800 years but we're back in the saddle again.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeptepi
The sound of the Sun....listen to it here:
soundcloud.com...

It sort of reminds me of this (in a different key):

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Sounds like the THX sound.

Very cool stuff.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I am sure that the entire universe is a giant instrument, if we could just tune in to hear the beat....

Second line.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeptepi

Hi Zeptepi

First - many thanks - beautiful.

Second - well I discovered Solar Music many, many years ago...by a German group called Grobschnitt..

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Apologies!

Peace!

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by The Wave

Grobschnitt from 1978...That was very cool. Perhaps someone should do a re-mix of that song with the real sounds of the sun in the mix.

No need to apologize, that was great! My kind of music!
Peace!

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Wow...It Does sound like the Dolby test tone.

Maybe Dr. Dolby really was blinded by science.

The Sound of the sun in the linked clip is in the key of "F".

I hope that those folks can record a bunch of these "Solar notes" so that a real solar "song" can be mixed ...you know...kind of a Pink Floyd beat box version of "Set the controls for the heart of the Sun" type of sound.

Far Out Man!

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Cheers for the link Zep, great sound.

top topics

join