It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Greman Study :boys growing up in pious Muslim families more likely to be violent

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

New German Study :boys growing up in pious Muslim families more likely to be violent

www.jihadwatch.org

A new German study shows that boys growing up in pious Muslim families are more likely to be violent.
The study, which involved intensive questioning of 45,000 teenagers from 61 towns and regions across the country, was conducted by Christian Pfeiffer of the criminal research institute of Lower Saxony.

Pfeiffer was quick to assure the Süddeutsche Zeitung newspaper that he was not a racist or 'Islamophobe' and that, in fact, he had been dismayed by the results of the survey....

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Wildbob77]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
This doesn't make any sense if Islam is a religion of peace.

If you are more likely to be violent if you are a pious Muslim, then have we been lied to?

Why is there so much violence associated with Islam. Do the teachings of Islam justify violence?

Or, is this something related to being an immigrant to the German culture? I'm really curious.

www.jihadwatch.org

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Knowing that a substantial part of this group is Turkish, Syrian, Iraqi etc and that the first generation was uneducated and from rural societies I believe the violence is not necessarily related to Islam.

However condoning the violence and justifying it through the use of Koran verses is of course one of the footprints of Islam.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by no special characters

Knowing that a substantial part of this group is Turkish, Syrian, Iraqi etc and that the first generation was uneducated and from rural societies I believe the violence is not necessarily related to Islam.

However condoning the violence and justifying it through the use of Koran verses is of course one of the footprints of Islam.

If you read the queeran, the reason is obvious. It's a book of selfcentered psychosis and justification of killing and stealing from anyone not of the umma. It reads like the ramblings of a mafia don, not anything remotely holy, it's a catalogue of lusts permitted

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Gee, muslims are violent in this day and age? Guess the only way to solve it is to isolate their culture and bomb them some more

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by no special characters

The justification is just par for the course. Everyone needs to rationalize behaviors for themselves. One is no different than the other in my mind.

The income levels would also be useful here. The poor do tend to be more violent.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mordant1

You've just described MOST of the religious scripts people cling to.

The Bible, the Torah are just as violent and just as silly.

Let's not pick and choose which ones we condemn for the same things.

BTW no religion is peace.. All religion is conflict at it's core.

~Keeper

[edit on 7/21/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
As long as those peaceful minded followers of this religion continue to ignore and not confront their extreme brothern & sisters, the newer generation being raised by those who chose violence over peace will continue to be brainwashed.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

There is significant differences. In the Bible, God destroys barbarians, while allows civilized nations like Egypt to just suffer until they learn, rather than outright destroy them. In the Quran, Muhammad starts off pretty good. He destroys 360 idols of barbarian gods and evil deities, clearing a path for God's will, but from time to time he commits genocide on more than just barbarians.

When a barbarian dies, all the world is better that one less lawless godless man of blood is gone. When a civilized man dies, the world cries for a man with self restrain and laws.

Like I've said, the fundamental difference in Islam and Christianity is that Islam calls you to act a certain way to be a Muslim and perform jihad in your mind to fight temptation to do otherwise. In Christianity, Christ calls you to accept only three things: Love others as yourself and God as yourself, teach this to others so they live it, and live it yourself. Whatever differences you have are not to do jihad against in your mind, unless of course it violates those first three rules. Differences are to be used for the kingdom of God.

It is effectively individualism versus group mentality.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Its fooking C.I.A propaganda to get germany to continue to support the u.s illegal/immoral wars.
Its designed to feed public fear thus making the german public demand the german government support the u.s in its "war on terror".. Could write up a similar study with the same result for ANY group of people/religion its basic psyops 101.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Since I live here in Germany, I can tell you, that those Muslims even put posters on the street, saying: "No more churches in our neighbourhood!"

- O, sorry! I got that one wrong. It was the Neo-Nazis who said "No mosque in our town."

Well, either way. We know, what they are doing in those mosques: Learning to fly Cesnas to fly Jumbos into our skyscrapers, which fall to dust like that. That's what they do all day long! And those guys want us to put out our shoes, before we enter! Bad people!

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

There is significant differences. In the Bible, God destroys barbarians, while allows civilized nations like Egypt to just suffer until they learn, rather than outright destroy them. In the Quran, Muhammad starts off pretty good. He destroys 360 idols of barbarian gods and evil deities, clearing a path for God's will, but from time to time he commits genocide on more than just barbarians.

When a barbarian dies, all the world is better that one less lawless godless man of blood is gone. When a civilized man dies, the world cries for a man with self restrain and laws.

Like I've said, the fundamental difference in Islam and Christianity is that Islam calls you to act a certain way to be a Muslim and perform jihad in your mind to fight temptation to do otherwise. In Christianity, Christ calls you to accept only three things: Love others as yourself and God as yourself, teach this to others so they live it, and live it yourself. Whatever differences you have are not to do jihad against in your mind, unless of course it violates those first three rules. Differences are to be used for the kingdom of God.

It is effectively individualism versus group mentality.

Ohh yes, I agree that the religions themselves are different, but the violence, is still violence. There may be more instances of violence in the Quran, but at point were arguing semantics.

The point is all religions, perhaps with the exception of Taoism(which I know nothing about) and Budhism are violent in nature.

And really Jesus WAS God and God did some crazy genocide if you're a christian. Let's just look at the Flood or Soddom And Gamorrah, or the Crusades (although that wasn't god..but done in his name)

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
More violent perhaps, but under what circumstances?

Personally, I would not expect to ever be mugged by a Muslim, or violently assaulted by a Muslim at a bar or sporting event.

But if I criticise their faith, I would imagine it to be a different matter.

What do I mean by that - well, I mean that in my opinion Muslims would be upstanding members of our society, if only we could remove the religion.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77

This doesn't make any sense if Islam is a religion of peace.

If you are more likely to be violent if you are a pious Muslim, then have we been lied to?

Why is there so much violence associated with Islam. Do the teachings of Islam justify violence?

Or, is this something related to being an immigrant to the German culture? I'm really curious.

www.jihadwatch.org

Already posted before, and already proven to be false propaganda.

What questions were asked? Do you even know? Where is the official report?

Post it please?

Based on what conditions would these Muslim boys be ready to use violence?

Heck there is so much missing from this, how did you just jump to conclusion like that>?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

But if I criticise their faith, I would imagine it to be a different matter.

There is a huge difference between criticizing, and insulting. 99.9 % of Muslims would be very happy if you sit and criticize Islam, while they try to counter your arguments.

Insulting is when you post Pictures of Mohammad with a bomb turban, Very different.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I took a look at the study myself and indeed it is very interesting - and, of course, much more differentiated than those articles, which only pick out a part of the 300+ pages.

A very important sentence is the following to me:

Thus it is not the Islam, that makes it difficult for the young Muslims to grow into our society, but the way, how the majority of the Imams convey their religion to the youths.

Background is, that those Imams usually come to Germany without much knowledge of the country and the language, teaching the youngsters their conservative views for some time and then return to their own country.

Also the authors ask themselves, if it could be a cultural influence instead of a religious one. Many immigrants came from regions, where it was important to defend your family and property and to keep to your kin.

All in all this study seems to be a very good approach to the problems and it would be too sad, if it just is used to say "Islam again!" Cutting it short like that, one could also argue, that the young Muslims must drink more alcohole, because their is a significant relation between delinquency and not drinking.

The original study can be found here: Forschungsbericht Nr. 109 (in German, of course, pdf file 2.7 MB)

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

The crusades were the cause of greedy Spaniards that had a few thousand soldiers in Italy, making the Pope their puppet. Eventually they gave up, went the opposite direction, and discovered America, where they did the same thing all over again.

As God said in the bible, he destroys liars to protect his good name. Those who kill in his name without his authority are destroyed. Straight from the Bible. The first crusade was part economic conquest, part legitimate concern for pilgrims. But every crusade after was nothing more than greedy lust for the trade routes. They did not kill honorably nor barbarians. They killed civilized good people. So God gave them their just deserts. Same thing with Islam actually. Funny how they only were allowed to conquer barbarians.

All religions are flawed because all religions are made by man. Also, there have been violent events from Buddhism. And Taoism, by nature, is an anarchical religion. It was created for the very purpose to rebel against Confucian order.

God killed barbarians. Act like an animal and an animal is what you shall be treated as. vicious wild animals are to be killed. Vicious wild men are no different. Sodom an Gomorrah were, to say simply, Americans as they are now. They were far more uncivilized though. They only worried about I, no one else but themselves. For that and their inability to be compassionate, they were killed. Many claim Sodom and Gomorrah were filled with gays, but there is no evidence for it. Just that they were vile barbarians. The only thing saving America at this point is the fact that it is civilized. But as it begins to act less and less like this, worser things happen to it from ecological disasters to social breaking. What coincidence.

Simply put, Barbarians and wild men have no place to be alive.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
ADSOLUTELY wrong, You can read the books and compare and contrast the goals and the methods of each ones words.
You have no idea what you beleive in other than you. Not every book of rules and philosophy is the same as any other, except to a uneducated and uninterested self worshiper self deifier. Sloppy, thinking generates sloppy beliefs. You want a world of no standards? How does that work exactly? Oh I know, just do what YOU want,

[edit on 22-7-2010 by mordant1]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mordant1

Having read the Koran and many other religious books I know exactly what they preach.

Having traveled through Southern Italy, Spain, Greece and Portugal I've seen a lot of similarities in the cultures of both Christian and Muslim Mediterranean inhabitants. Rural Christian societies would have their women cover their hair the same as Muslims.

In Southern Italy there are many cruel stories about bastard kids getting murdered and cheating wives disappearing without anyone in the community stepping up or demanding justice.....Not to mention the rituals they use for these murders.

We need to understand the way that Muslim communities are forming their opinions on their surroundings. And who are responsible for shaping their thoughts.

As I said most of these people are not very educated and take quickly the words of anyone Muslim that has some authority (whether it's their education or place in the community) as truth.

I have been monitoring and analyzing radicalization since 2000.

Strange experience being with a bunch of Jihadist on 911 that truly hated the US government seeing them on the verge of crying when they saw the images that we all have burned in our memory.
The consensus was that no one deserves such an attack and especially not on citizens. At the end of the day they ventilated their fear that the US already pointed fingers at Muslim countries and they indicated that this would be a new start of "blackening" the Muslim world.

On many occasions Muslims that were balancing between extremism and not caring came to me to seek my advise and to express their concerns.
In some case they were hoping that an attacker would turn out to be Christian just for the sake of not having another bloodstain on their mural.

Even though I have always hated their religion I knew that Al-Qaida never existed in any organization before 911. There were no indications that there was any organization between these extremists. There is a lot of things wrong with the world today but Muslims aren't the biggest problem in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Jihad is fundamental to the Islamic system. Violent jihad.

So, as long as muslims raise children, there will be violent jihad.

It's in the koran.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join