It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Search Top Secret America's Database of Private Spooks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Search Top Secret America's Database of Private Spooks

www.wired.com

Figuring out exactly who’s cashing in on the post-9/11 boom in secret programs just got a whole lot easier.

U.S. spy agencies, the State Department and the White House had a collective panic attack Friday over a new Washington Post exposé on the intelligence-industrial complex. Reporters Dana Priest and William Arkin let it drop Monday morning.

It includes a searchable database cataloging what an estimated 854,000 employees and legions of contractors are apparently up to. Users can now to see just how much money these government agencies are spending and where those top secret contrac
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.wired.com
projects.washingtonpost.com
projects.washingtonpost.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Top secret America: A hidden world, growing beyond control

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 19/7/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Very informative article, lots of links in the Wired article to round out the entire story.

Apparently, there is some transparency... Yay!

But, it appears that the Gov't didn't intend for this to be transparent... go figure.

Check out the source, pretty interesting article.

(Also, sorry if the Wired story has already been posted, I included the thread about the Post story)

www.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 19/7/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Not sure what happened to the title... never had that happen before.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
And another thread about the Washington Post's article:
Top Secret America! Washington Post Just released

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
So, this article links to a map that is supposed to give info about specific locations, but i cant find squat for the location near where i reside part time...

map: projects.washingtonpost.com...

can anyone throw me a bone?

www.mountainx.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

I don't know. Did you try searching the other ways?

It says there is 4 there, but there are other ways to search the data I think.

I can't remember now, but earlier I was looking at ones in New Mexico, Los Alamos and Albacurqee(or whatever).

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
It just shows dots and if it is a government or private company.

It doesn't appear to show the names of the organizations/company..interesting but kind of disappointed.

So than I would assume that any Homeland Security office, FEMA office or company that received any funding from the gov would be listed? Kind of a no brainer. Pretty much any and all emergency organizations have received some kind of funding for training and or equipment post 9/11...I haven't read the entire article however in case I am missing something.

Of course I have always believed that most of that money was misspent and not allocated appropriately. If another 9/11 event did take place, I don't believe we are much better equipped to handle it than we were back than. But who knows, maybe all these 'secret' organizations will pop out of the wood work.

new topics

top topics

join