It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House reveals “a SEEP and possible methane were found near the busted oil well”, BP FAILS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

BP and the Obama administration offered significantly differing views Sunday on whether the capped Gulf of Mexico oil well will have to be reopened, a contradiction that may be an effort by the oil giant to avoid blame if crude starts spewing again.

wwltv.com
Posted on July 18, 2010 at 4:46 PM
Updated today at 6:00 PM

An administration official familiar with the spill oversight, however, told The Associated Press that a seep and possible methane were found near the busted oil well. The official spoke on condition of anonymity Sunday because an announcement about the next steps had not been made yet....

www.floridaoilspilllaw.com
July 19th, 2010 at 12:13 AM

These videos aren't really all that relevant because all you can really see is clouds of somthing in the water but they are linked to this new seep they have found.

Extra links on subject from various resources for validation

www.wwltv.com...

www.examiner.com... -cap

www.news-press.com...

www.forbes.com...

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Lupin]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I watched an interview on the science channel, the scientist was stating that the psi is not right, it should be higher, the low psi indicates a leak could be happening, he also stated that if there is a leak, and they do not get the cap off quickly enough, we will enter an irreversable nighmare scenario. Those were his words 'irreversable nightmare scenario'

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Yeah I would think that if they just quit blocking it they could avoid this thing but what do I know.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

What specifically was meant by an 'irreversable nightmare scenario' ?

Did the scientist try to outline what this mean't or was it used to amplify hi/her point without being specific.....?

I'm not looking for a fault, I am horrified by what is happening.... but I'd like to know how long I've got left and ALL information helps....

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

i don't know exactly what the scientist was talking about but common sense (something BP doesn't have) should tell you that if there is a leak somewhere else if they don't take the cap off and release the pressure in the well, the "new" leak will continue to get worse, eroding more and more rock around the leak until the point that the "new" leak can't be stopped even if they removed the cap from the well.

that would be my version of an 'irreversable nightmare scenario'

[edit on 7/19/2010 by Mercenary2007]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

I guess if this scenario was to occur the all the '' Nuke It Bandits'' would have a field day proposing we 'Nuke' the new hole ?

Cheers
PurpleDOG UK

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Hi, I'm in the UK and have watched hours of footage on this, and about 7pm GMT last night, I was watching one of the Oly ROV's and saw a large bubble erupt below it and travel up in front of the camera - This wasn't a brown cloudy eruption, but a clear transparent big bubble which acted the same as when air is released underwater, a big burst of bubble breaking into smaller ones. Did anyone else see it?

I don't know how methane escaping would appear, but this definately wasn't oil?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

This is becoming a nightmare and its Monday!

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   

I am a little nervous to be looking for the link right now but I have read earlier in the evening that methane is also a concern.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Well one of my countries main media portal is reporting that oil is still leaking from the well after the last attempt to cap it . Can anybody confirm that please ?

It was kind of weird to see that article because our media do not really cover the story that much at all .

Link to article (Polish) : wiadomosci.onet.pl...

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Thill]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Let's face it. We are in the dark here. The only cameras we have are what/who? BP's crapola. The only other reports we receive are the Obama Administration? Eff that. Let the media in. This is the closest thing I've witnessed to a true example of media blackout. I feel that we should address that problem as a people before we can truly evaluate what is actually happening with the extremely limited resources and questionable sources we currently have.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
So if the entire Gulf blows up causing a massive tidal wave wiping out half the population in the Gulf area... I guess you folks will blame it on the methane... right? Because BP said so... right?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK

I guess if this scenario was to occur the all the '' Nuke It Bandits'' would have a field day proposing we 'Nuke' the new hole ?

Cheers
PurpleDOG UK

I'm sure they would be and they'd be wrong. by time the nightmare scenario played out and they decided to try a nuke it would be to late for the nuke.

And a nuke wouldn't be a solution to begin with. If a nuke was used right now all that would happen is the rock around the oil deposit would be melted into glass. the pressure in the reserve would eventually break the glass shell and we'd have hundreds if not thousands of leaks along this reserve. that is if you could even tell one leak from another.

IMO the only way to get control of this well is to uncap it drill the relief wells try to bottom kill the main well and use the relief wells to vent the pressure out of the well.

if they can't bottom kill it, the relief wells should (hopefully) relive enough pressure in the main well for them to insert smaller diameter casings down the main well to restore integrity to the main well.

but what do i know i'm not an engineer. But i do sometimes come up with some off the wall stuff that works in desperate situations.

reply to post by crazydaisy

yeah i read that too. also another reason they can't use a nuke on this well.

top topics

join