It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's The Bright Object In The West Sky Over Ontario, Canada?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Over the past few months, I have noticed a very bright round light in the sky at night, usually towards the west (sorry, I'm not sure on the correct terminology and coordinates). I had been assuming it's just Venus or just a bright star of some kind, until recently. I live just north of Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

The past few nights have been extremely clear, with very little or no cloud coverage. So, I have been occasionally opening my west-facing bedroom window and taking some photos and videos. Unfortunately, I just have a standard digital camera (Samsung Digimax 5.0 megapixel) and the shots haven't been brilliant... it just looks like a fuzzy yellow/orange orb. Also, I'm not sure how to upload photos to threads (perhaps someone can give me a quick step-by-step?).

To the point - I have noticed that this bright star-like object does not stay still, as you would expect. It seems to sway left to right, up and down in random motions. In some instances, it will move, what I would estimate as hundreds of feet or more to the left or right and then just stop. But bottom line is, it does not stay constantly in the same spot!

I have ruled out helicopters, planes, satellites and the space station as this does not fit in with any of those descriptions. I am wondering why nobody has reported anything on this and have just been assuming that there must be a normal explanation for this object. So, can someone please let me know what this object most likely is?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Venetian

I live in Ontario. What I have been seeing just looks like a very bright star in the western sky at night. It is so bright you can see it crystal clear from downtown with bright street lights and signs everywhere.

It certainly has caught my attention several times, but my guess is it is just something natural - like a planet or something ...... not Nibiru I hope.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I am not sure if this is related but last night we were driving home from Parry Sound to Toronto and just before we hit Barrie I saw a bright disc in the sky (but it was definintely in the east). I thought it was a weird reflection from the sun on a plane but then it seemed to dart very quickly and disappeared in a second.

I still don't know if it was a plane and we were just at a weird angle or if my husband and I just saw our first UFO. Pretty freaky.

So though I don't really have an answer to your post, I thought you might appreciate another oddity in your area.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Real time satellite tracking at:

www.n2yo.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

I'm not assuming it's Nibiru or even a planet or star due to the fact that it keeps moving in real-time... like I said, I've ruled out the most obvious possibilities and am left scratching my head... anyone able to get a high res photo of it tonight or sometime this week?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
i think it may be sirius, i live about 40 mins north of toronto, and i see this star all the time

the one i see sometime twinkles all kinds of colors

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Here's where Venus is in the Toronto night sky at 9pm.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/feb8e13230df.jpg[/atsimg]

The map is viewed held over your head, and not looked down upon.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

I think its venus. I'm in K town and i see it every night.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by minettejo

My wife and i seen something in the sky last night too,01.30am that is. UK. Thought it was just a planet we were pretty sure it wasnt a star. However It was really bright. Definately east. Never noticed it before will check again tonight but certain it was mars or venus or mercury or a bat with a torch. I dont know what it was so perhaps its a uho. Unidentified Hovering Object, or perhaps one of those.....whats the name again?...UFO`s.
I was going to post bu you have saved me from the dogs

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Handy free program:

Stellarium
www.stellarium.org...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
OK, appreciate the feedback so far guys, but just to re-iterate, this star/planet-like object moves around in real-time - you'd have to constantly stare at it for a few minutes to notice it, or you could zoom in to it with a telescope/camera. One trick I find is to look through window blinds or have a stationary object near this object to really notice the movements.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Venetian

We stood for about 20mins. It was dimming then going brighter. No i didnt take a picture my phone is pants. The interesting part?
An aircraft( assuming its an aircraft with the flashing red light) that was flying at a constant height started to asend, looked like it was headed towards, then the next thing we knew the aircraft was flying towards our direction and went overhead? Figure that one out?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I see the same star to the west. I do believe it appears to move after you stare for awhile. I find that happening to myself if I stare constantly.

There's also another star to the SW that, if you stare, blinks red, blue and white

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Well we saw it about 8:30 pm. If I know my timezones that would have been about the same time as you. Must have been a REALLY fast craft lol! Glad someone else saw something funny too!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I can back you up, with this, i to in toronto have seen this strange star or planet

and to the other posters

Its Not sirius
It was not Veuns

Maybe it was Nibiru

To the thread OP what colour was it?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

If, at the time, you didn’t think it was Venus or Sirius why not take a picture or video?

To the OP, I’d love to see pics, even fuzzy ones.

I’m also near Toronto and I spend more time outside at night than anyone I know....looking into the sky....in the West.....

I’d love pics.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by worlds_away]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Hi guys, to answer your questions:

1. Colour = white to the naked eye, yellow/orange when a digital photo is taken, but my camera is just a standard 5.0 mp one and the image is shaky/blurry.

2. This is embarrassing since I work in IT, but I don't know how to upload an image from my HDD to here - it keeps saying to enter the URL.

And once again, this object is not stationary and moves in real time, albeit slowly.

One more thing - this object appears nightly and has been for the last few months - is someone else in Ontario able to take a good quality snap and upload it please?

[edit on 18-7-2010 by Venetian]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Hey, I hope this helps you identify what it might be, pretty sure its Venus. Not sure about the movements you described though. Time is set to 9:38 PM on June 17.

Alright, so ATS uploading is trash, made picture all fuzzy, and the whole thing is not even in there? how do you make it so you can side scroll like when you upload to a website like TinyPic? but you can still see the West at least with venus in the frame. Also I am from Mississauga, so I didn't bother changing location to Toronto since it's right there.

Here another link to the full image from ATS media. but its still fuzzy
files.abovetopsecret.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a6327401ffd1.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 18-7-2010 by YouCanCallMeKM]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I actually saw this last night as well, at about 2:30 am I noticed some clouds that looked eerily like an ash cloud from a volcano, turned out to be regular clouds obviously but when I was looking out the windows I saw an extremely bright reflection in the clouds that looked similar to a disk, only appeared for about 2 seconds and was moving fast. Could of been a comet but I highly doubt it as Ive never seen something as bright as this before, It was in the West sky. Ottawa, Ontario

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
we could be seeing same thing only am in scotland well you see every night about 11pm in my city aberdeen right beside the northfield tower rougly about 30 metres from it is this moving light and it goes up down and right left it has even flashed like it was taking a picture really weird

<<   2 >>

join