It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting in Washington state park leaves 2 dead, 4 wounded

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Shooting in Washington state park leaves 2 dead, 4 wounded

www.oregonlive. com

SEATTLE — Two men were dead and four others wounded after a shooting Saturday night in a state park just east of Seattle, authorities said.

King County sheriff’s deputy John Urquhat said several people were in custody following the bloodshed at Lake Sammamish State Park.

The Washington State Patrol told KOMO-TV that two of those in custody were believed to be the attackers.

A park ranger made an emergency call about the shooting around 9 p.m., and during the call more shots were
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.google.com
www.cbsnews.com
www.foxnews.com

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Not many details on the incident at the moment.

Shots rang out at around 9pm Saturday night at Lake

Sammamish State Park, which is located about 20 miles east of

downtown Seattle.

A gunman or gunmen, opened fire on a party at the park killing

2 and wounding 4. Several people are in custody, with two

believed to be the attackers, the investigation is still on going.

The park remains locked down, with nobody allowed in or out

of the park.

www.oregonlive. com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-7-2010 by InvisibleObserver]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Here is a little more on the story.

At least one gunman opened fire during a party at a state park near Seattle Saturday night, killing two men and wounding four others, authorities said.

Six people were arrested following the bloodshed at Lake Sammamish State Park, about 20 miles east of downtown Seattle, King County Sheriff's deputy John Urquhat said.

The violence erupted as a group of people gathered for "a party," Urquhat told The Associated Press.

A park ranger made an emergency call about around 9 p.m., and during the call more shots were fired.

As police flooded the scene, they found parkgoers hiding in park buildings to get away from the gunfire.

"At this point, we don't know what precipitated the shooting," he said.

The wounded were taken to a Seattle hospital. Their conditions and the names of the dead and injured weren't immediately available.

"Our victims, we don't know if they're innocent victims, people caught in a crossfire, suspects, or other shooters," Urquhart told The Seattle Times. "It's quite possible there was more than one shooter."

Police were still interviewing witnesses late into the night. The park was closed and would likely remain that way through Sunday morning as authorities investigated and searched for weapons that might have been hidden in brushy areas, police said.

Police said one gun was recovered from the scene and several more guns were found in cars attempting to leave the park, a popular gathering place for boating and watersport activities.

Dawn Hilliker told The Times that she and her two teenage sons spent the day there celebrating a friend's high school graduation. They were packing up their car to leave when they heard several loud bangs from 250 yards away.

"I thought some kids were setting off firecrackers, but 30 seconds later, I saw three cops driving down the street," her son, Austin Hilliker, said. "I saw three people arrested, two of them no more than 20 feet from our car. It was super scary. It's shocking."

The family waited two hours to leave the park, as police stopped every vehicle on the way out, Dawn Hilliker said.

Hilliker said she taught her sons to stay away from places where they might encounter gang violence.

"You don't think coming to a graduation celebration at a state park that you would enter into that kind of environment. We came here to celebrate and ended up a part of chaos."

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I found one other souce that presumed gang violence as well.....
Is washington a CC state?
It seems several weapons have been siezed so we may find there are more shooters than first reported....
I have been expecting at some point to read about more gunfights (or perhaps standoffs of some kind...)between CC holders and those who are in the performance of criminal acts
This setting seems almost perfect for some such scenario...
Perhaps it will become more common in the future....

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Why is this news?
this is as normal as child loves to eat McDonalds hamburgers

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I think it might be related to gang violence, the investigation is still ongoing and little details are being released as of tonight.

Sorry I am not familiar with the Washington state laws.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Slow news day yesterday Drummerboy.

And the story is worth more than reporting about Lindsay Lohan in court or rehab.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleObserver

OK too bad we cant ever here something like" congress chokes to death all at once" or "Pelosi goes on rampage and shoots everyone during congressional meeting then self"

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Hahaha agreed.

That would make for good headlines.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling
Washington is a concealed carry state.
-line 2-

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Thanks Pthena

You saved me from going to look it up.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
See what happens when you gun loving fools allow guns in parks!?!?
People die!!!
I blame all of you Christian, right-wing, nazi, jackboot, good-for-nothing fascist-loving Republicans for this! You should all be ashamed of yourselves!!!

[Sarcasm/]

On topic: This is truly a tragedy! I fear that we are too see many more such incidents with the decay of society as it is today. This serves to only further the notion that guns are doing the killing - they're not! Sick and demented people are doing the killing WITH guns. Take those away and the sick and demented will still find a way to get them - or murder with something else. The genie is already out of the bottle!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Thanks, this hits a little close to home! I also have some family campers. Luckily it wasnt 2 men. Violence is Increasing at a rapid pace. I’m not sure if it’s the economy, drug use or both.

new topics

top topics

join