It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyday I check the News I SEE THE DEATH OF OCCUPIERS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
For what, those who are being killed, no matter if you call them Taliban, no matter if you call them US forces, no matter if you call them NATO, no matter if you call them resistance, they are all fathers, sons, mothers, daughters, sisters, brothers...

What is there to achieve?

Osama bin Laden?

Seriously, can anyone here in ATS tell me what is there to achieve?
DUMMIES GUIDE TO PAKISTAN-AFGHANISTAN DESTABILIZATION

How on earth can the death of these lives be justified: >?

The latest Department of Defense identifications of casualties:

•Army Spc. Chase Stanley, 21, of Napa, Calif., died July 14 in Zabul province, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when insurgents attacked a military vehicle with an improvised explosive device. Also killed were:

•Army Spc. Jesse D. Reed, 26, of Orefield, Pa.

•Army Spc. Matthew J. Johnson, 21, of Maplewood, Minn.

•Army Sgt. Zachary M. Fisher, 24, of Ballwin, Mo.

•Army Pvt. Brandon M. King, 23, of Tallahassee, Fla., died July 14 at Combat Outpost Nolen, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when insurgents attacked his unit with small-arms fire.

•Army 1st Lt. Christopher S. Goeke, 23, of Minnesota, died July 13 in Kandahar City, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when insurgents attacked his unit with rifle fire, rocket-propelled grenades and small-arms fire. Also killed were:

•Army Staff Sgt. Christopher T. Stout, 34, of Worthville, Ky.

•Army Staff Sgt. Sheldon L. Tate, 27, of Hinesville, Ga.

•Army Spc. Christopher J. Moon, 20, of Tucson, Ariz., died July 13 at Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany of wounds suffered from an explosion July 6 in Arghandab, Afghanistan.

•Army Spc. Nathaniel D. Garvin, 20, of Radcliff, Ky., died July 12 at Forward Operating Base Frontenac, near Kandahar, Afghanistan, in a non-combat incident.

•Marine Staff Sgt. Christopher J. Antonik, 29, of Crystal Lake, Ill., died July 11 in combat in Helmand province, Afghanistan.

•Army Staff Sgt. Shaun M. Mittler, 32, of Austin, Texas, who grew up in Gladstone, Mo., died July 10 in Konar, Afghanistan, when his unit was hit by rocket-propelled grenades and small-arms fire.

•Army Spc. Carlos J. Negron, 40, of Fort Myers, Fla., died July 10 at Asadabad, Afghanistan, after he was wounded by small-arms fire in Konar, Afghanistan.

•Marine Lance Cpl. Tyler A. Roads, 20, of Burney, Calif., died July 10 in combat in Helmand province, Afghanistan.

•Army Staff Sgt. Jesse W. Ainsworth, 24, of Dayton, Texas, died July 10 near Walakan, Afghanistan, when insurgents attacked his unit with an explosive device.

•Army Sgt. Donald R. Edgerton, 33, of Murphy, N.C., died July 10 near Char Dara, Afghanistan, when his unit was hit by an improvised explosive.

•Army Spc. Joseph W. Dimock II, 21, of Wildwood, Ill, died July 10 in Salerno, Afghanistan, in a non-combat explosion in an ammunition holding facility.

•Army Sgt. Robert W. Crow, 42, of Kansas City, died July 10 in Paktika, Afghanistan, when his vehicle was hit by an improvised explosive.

•Marine Lance Cpl. Daniel G. Raney, 21, of Pleasant View, Tenn., died July 9 in combat in Helmand province, Afghanistan.

•Army Pfc. Anthony W. Simmons, 25, of Tallahassee, Fla., died July 8 in Kunar province, Afghanistan, when insurgents attacked his unit with indirect fire.

Read more: www.kansascity.com...

I'm not even going to mention the other side.

These deaths are not the latest:

103 killed. So far in July

Roadside bombs planted by insurgents are one of the leading killers of both international troops and civilians in Afghanistan.

To counter the threat, the U.S. is sending $3 billion worth of detection equipment and bomb-resistant vehicles to Afghanistan

www.google.com...

What is the purpose?

Three British servicemen have died within 24 hours in Afghanistan.

Read more: www.mirror.co.uk...

So tell me, what is the purpose, tell me all you Brits, all you Americans, all you Australians, all those in Afghanistan fighting, why are you fighting?

Do you think the resistance will stop?

Do you not learn from history?

Is this what you want to see on the news?

Every damn day waking up, seeing you people getting killed for a worthless cause.

I have been feeling this way for along time, since I have woken up every day since a long time, seeing my people die for useless cause.

What goes around comes around, now you know how I felt and feel.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Good post

Very true. Also its 4 UK troops killed in 24 hours now

S&F

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Master Shen long
Good post

Very true. Also its 4 UK troops killed in 24 hours now

S&F

Another one, zzzz

That absolutely sad, think about the family of soldiers waiting in front of the TV thinking if the next one will be their son and daughters.

While the politicians lie for the policy makers, and the policy makers hide in their protective chambers not worried about a damn thing, but exposure. Why do you suppose so much money is used in propaganda.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
uhmmm... greed? Isn't the military as much a private army as any mercenary band? Even though we describe the government as "by the people, for the people" this is obviously a humongous lie... I have yet to come across a person who feels happy about inventing Anthrax or musterdgas. The nuclear bomb isn't accepted by the public.. so why do we have these weapons? to deteriorate any possible threat? its a neverending cycle wich is based on greed... either one side wont accept the way of life at the other side, or the other side possesses resources wich the one side really badly wants to get their hands on...

When Bush decided to wage war in the ME, did he consult the public? did he await the results of the investigation? nope... in one of the most hideous crimes commited in the 21st century there wasn't even a decent investigation. instead, all the motivation they needed was 1 video showing a man who CLAIMS that he is responsible for those airplanes crashing in those buildings...

So where is Al-qaida now? all i see are opressed people fighting of opressors...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Simple, war is good for business, always has been
always will be.Young men have forever marched off
to war so the elites can prosper.
Over here in the U.K. the BBC and the daily press are like
recruiting services for the armed forces,they make the war
in Afghanistan look so appealing to impressionable young
jobless men.
I have nothing against these lads joining up and choosing this life
but remember who you're fighting for NOT US but THEM.
It may seem heartless but when you boys come home minus a few
limbs,don't tell me your sacrifice was to keep me safe and allow
me to live in a democracy.
That is the last thing you are fighting for......
i wish for all troops come home safe and an end to these insane conflicts..

Peace........

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by faceoff85

all the motivation they needed was 1 video showing a man who CLAIMS that he is responsible for those airplanes crashing in those buildings... So where is Al-qaida now?

According to the F.B.I. Usama Bin Laden was never wanted or responsible for the 9/11 attacks, there is little to no evidence that he was the one behind it. He is however wanted for other terror attacks.

Usama Bin Laden is wanted in connection with the August 7, 1998, bombings of the United States Embassies in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, and Nairobi, Kenya. These attacks killed over 200 people. In addition, Bin Laden is a suspect in other terrorist attacks throughout the world.

www.fbi.gov...

Al Qaeda is a " phantom group" made up by the neoconservatives, Al Qaeda came about after, Jamal al-Fadl, was paid to testify that bin Laden was the head of a massive terrorist organisation called "al-Qaeda" in early 2001 in regards to the 1998 U.S. embassy bombings.

Watch the documentary, The Power of Nightmares, it is kinda long but well worth it. You can watch it on youtube or download it from a few sites.

Here is a Wikipedia link run down of it.
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 18-7-2010 by InvisibleObserver]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
We must understand these human beings have left the world so this place may be a better safer free world, some would say it is unAmerican to see this any other way.
I believe there is a country out there with no standing military but all of the citizens are basically the militia, I bet they don't have the problem with terrorism. I bet they would be neutral.
I would bet that was what our forefathers had in mind for us.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by g146541]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
"No foreign entanglements" was the original credo.
Then the US was conquered by central bankers and it became:
"War is a racket"
For a world war to take place there needs to be a hated bad guy that the rest of the world can easily hate, and an economic situation that forces the Peeps to sign up because of dire need of employment.

guess what...

IMHO
Every single life that has been cut short has been a complete waste.
for what?
Oil, heroin, and derivitives...

PS:
Don't forget the 3 thousand or so that died on 911, murdered it seems to spur the beast

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Look, it's real simple on a few fronts:

1) You started a war that you lost.
2) The U.S. and the Allies are now absorbing needless casualties, while they are trying to get the country back on its feet.
3) If the insurgency had any brains at all, they would go completely quiet for a couple of years, and allow the Western powers to draw down their forces.
4) Then they can continue their murderous ways with a then largely undefended Afghan population and try to take over again.
5) Then, if they are real smart, they will draw the line at directly attacking the U.S. or its Allies again.

But, they are not smart. They continue to kill and maim personnel who are simply tasked with infrastructure rebuilding (at our cost !!!!) and population protection.

You came and killed our citizens. So, we came and kicked your primitive behinds. Just let us do our (nowadays) liberal thing, and pay to rebuild your country into a 21st century player, and let us go back home.

Don't come back to kill any more of us, and you will have a great future (just look at how things turned out for Japan and Germany after their own insane periods).

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

If I had ever learned to embed pics this is where I would put one of a US soldier guarding the opium poppies

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I feel your pain. I feel the same pain.

But the fact is that humans have always waged war, and there will always be people eager to wage war.

That is the sad fact of humanity.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

Sorry mobius, the resistance is against the occupation, they are not trying to take over the government. They are trying to kick the occupying forces out of Afghanistan.

The occupation, and the puppet regime it has installed is the source of the resistance.

The corruption, the drugs, the lawlessness is the moral behind the resistance.

ETA:

And please don't claim Afghans were behind 9/11, non of the hijackers were from Afghanistan, and almost all of them were raised in Western nations, that is ofcurse the supposed terrorists.

Most people forget, we still don't know who was behind 9/11, that is why there is a 9/11 conspiracy forum here.

And once again, there didn't have to be bloodshed, insurgency, billions of dollars gone to waste, or lawlessness, corruption, and drugs in Afghanistan if the US didn't act like a teenage kid. It got itself trapped in the graveyard of empires.

The Taleban administration in Afghanistan negotiated with the American embassy in Islamabad in 2001 to hand over Osama bin Laden to a specially appointed court, but suggestions of using a neutral third country to try the suspected terrorist were rejected by the USA, according to a new book by the former Taleban Ambassador to Pakistan.

Detailing the options which were explored, Abdul Salam Zaeef claimed that even using the court at The Hague was unacceptable to the Americans who never handed over any evidence of wrongdoing to the authorities in the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan.

Sorry mate, it is not guilty until proven innocent, it is innocent until proven guilty.

You don't go around bombing countries because you feel everyone is guilty until proven innocent, that is called bullyism, and that is why Iran calls the US world policy bullyism.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by oozyism]

…If every country were to hand over any person deemed a criminal by America, then America would de facto control the world. This would in turn threaten the independence and sovereignty of all countries.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by oozyism]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Why are we there? OPIUM. There is also a geopolitical component in that I think the US/Nato forces want to keep Afghanistan as a buffer between Russia, China, Pakistan, India and Iran. Somehow they consider this land essential to our petrochemical economy.
Or maybe they just want to start WW3.
Ask Dick Cheney, if anyone knows WHY maybe he can explain why we sacrificing the lives of all these young men.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
What is even more sad is that US military personnel are now suiciding even faster than they are being killed by all of America's enemies combined.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mobiusmale
reply to post by oozyism

1) You started a war that you lost.

You came and killed our citizens. So, we came and kicked your primitive behinds. Just let us do our (nowadays) liberal thing, and pay to rebuild your country into a 21st century player, and let us go back home.

Afghanis haven't attacked anyone not on their soil. If you talking about 9/11 those were Saudi hijackers. It's ignorance like this that has allowed our government to continue to wage illegal wars on innocent countries.
Afghanistan was once a modern nation. 3 wars later it looks like any country would under the circumstances.
The real primitives here are the ones who start wars and drop bombs on civilians, the US and Britain.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
America went into Viet Nam saying, "we are your friends". Then we bombed the hell out of the place. With friends like that who needs enemies. The same thing is happening in Afghanistan. "Americans are there to help the locals". Yeah, sure!

The most pathetic victims of history are soldiers.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
btw, funny none-subj remark, English word "troop" translates as "dead body" in Russian
however, i'd mark simple moment: all wars [were/shall be] made for just one, prime goal -- maximal area of influence. this concept of current civilization led us to exhausted resource & lack of techs at face of troubles of present days; now, each of us can just keep hope that [his/her] land will be quite stable by climatic & geological parameters.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Those soldiers who were 20 when they died there were only 11 years old when this war started. We're having a generation that grows up only knowing war.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Simple

The Taliban were training terrorist to spread death and destruction, in the name of their god.

Either we take the war to them, or they will bring this war to our front door.

Door you support the murder of school girls for daring to go to school?

Do you think God will allow you into heaven after you have blown up a bunch of women and children in a market square?

Islamic extremists are carrying out a war against those who choose to worship God in a different way than they choose, everywhere they are allowed the opportunity.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by poet1b]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
War is never a pleasent thing, and the reality is that when there is an armed conflict, then people die. Over the thousands of years of the human race, there has always been conflicts and wars, and people die. Military, for better or for worse, are trained to kill, that is their job. The reason why the causalty list is high, is not cause the soldiers are not doing what they are suppose to do, the problem is that this conflict is being interfered with politicians.
When a country goes to war, there needs to be several things that are essential to win. The first is a viable goal. Those who are fighting, need to know what that goal is, as they want to go home when it is achieved or know that they are going to make it home. The other is a clear cut chain of command. The US and most western countries are goverened by a civillian government, as it should be, however, in the matters of the military and military conflicts, the politicians need to step back. The troops are under conflicting orders on what and when they can attack. No one wants to hear that the military doing their bidding just slaughtered a villiage of defenseless people. But, as noble as it may seem that the politicans think that they are doing, by trying to limit the number of innocent causalties, all they are doing is putting constraints on the hands of those who are fighting. It is very frustrating for those who are engaged on the front lines, not being able to act, as the training that they have gone through and the rules are often conflicting.
There is no easy solution in the conflict in Afganistan, as the very people they are hunting and trying to sudue look like the general population, often hiding in plain sight. The taliban is not wearing uniforms, and the general population is afraid for their own safety and the safety for their families. Fear is the weapon of choice, used by the Taliban and Al Quida, to wage this conflict and to control the general population. And as unpopular as it may be, fear may be the only weapon that we have to end this conflict. The solutions are not going to PC and people are going to die, but in the words of General Patton, you do not win a war by dieing for your country, you win the war by making the other guy die for his. It is my belief, that if you want to stop the causalties in this conflict there are 2 solutions: 1) Admit defeat and withdraw, or the other is to fight to win, using all means necessary to win and end this conflict, even if it means violating human rights and targetting the general civillian population.
The reasons why there is a high sucidied rate among the military who are in the conflict, is due to the human condition. We are raised with the idea that it is wrong to kill. Those who do such and are not affected are mentally ill, according to most mental health proffessionals. The combination of an endless conflict, having to kill people day in day out, seeing your best friend die infront of you and having to live with the threat of death not only on the battle field, but also coming home to where it is apparent that the general population does not support the war or what you are doing, will wear even the most battle hardened individual down quickly. It is the start to a very large problem that I do not believe that we are prepared to deal with. Ultimately the final victims of this conflict are the children and families of the military personell who are on the front lines of this conflict, as they will have to try to support and pick up the pieces of a person who is broken and will more than often take out his frustration on his family member, creating another dangerous situation.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join