It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we Robots of our own Creation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I wasn't really sure where to post this, but as it seems to deal with the origins of man, I thought this might be the place. If not please move it to where you think is best Mods.

Anyhow, I posted this as a response to this particular thread:

A.I declares conspiring to take over the world

Since then it has been running around in my head.

"I am rather amazed that this hasn't come up yet:

"In science fiction, the Three Laws of Robotics are a set of three rules written by Isaac Asimov, which almost all positronic robots appearing in his fiction must obey. Introduced in his 1942 short story "Runaround", although foreshadowed in a few earlier stories, the Laws state the following:

1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey any orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law."
(qouted from Wikipedia)

I thought all syfi fans were pretty aware of Asimov's works. I think a lot of us can clearly agree what was syfi 20 years ago is quickly becoming a reality.
Perhaps the Cleverbot is correct that we are all computers. With all the technology we are seeing now from stem cell research, artificial limbs, and robotics themselves, who isn't to say that we today are a product of our future? Perhaps we are living proof now of just how well Bina48 has turned out. Maybe we are a experiment that we come back to check on, hence the lights in the sky, and we are the ones we have been waiting for etc. Our bodies could be perfectly developed machines, our brains the computers that run them.
I dunno just throwing stuff up here, but this is one of the ways my mind thinks and has always thought, even from when back when , when I first read these books. "

I keep thinking about how one of the cosmic laws states we are all One. Then I think about the Star Trek series about the Borgs. How they are all tuned into one connection, I guess is the best way to put it. Im pretty sure it was the borgs anyway with the beehive way of being. Correct if I am wrong please.
But what if we are our own creation and we are all "plugged in?"
Sometimes I feel like we are someones Sims being directed by anothers whim.
Now I know that all sounds a little nutty, and I want to say more, but first I really want to hear what you folks think about the first part of us perhaps actually being well designed robots of our own creation from the future. Would we even know? Probably not in this life time. I mean how would we? We are so stuck thinking what awesome Humans we are.Is that part of the program perhaps?

Well kick this around for a bit and hopefully I can formulate what Im really trying to say a little better shortly!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by yigsstarhouse
. Our bodies could be perfectly developed machines, our brains the computers that run them.

We are organic machines that can reproduce ourselves. There is a ghost in the machine that thinks it is alive. It is not alive. It is erroneous to equate life with reproduction.
The ghost in the machine is simply an errant self referring loop creating the sense of fear as it tries to separate itself from itself. No such separation is actually possible, yet it continues to try to create such.When this is Understood its actual nature is grasped.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by RRokkyy]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by yigsstarhouse
Perhaps the Cleverbot is correct that we are all computers.

That's what they'll try to convince us of.

Dehumanization to promote transhumanism is a major agenda. War and the environment are being used as social engineering in this case. Over-stating environmental issues (to the extreme), and causing wars all to show us we "need" to evolve, and they have the technology 'that can do it for us'.

join