It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who knew Blowing bubbles could get you arrested?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I am so sorry if this has all ready been posted. My most humble apologies. I just can't believe this happened... Arrested for blowing bubbles is considered assault on a police officer???? Your kidding me right? Apparently not. Some body didn't eat their cheerios before going to work.

Video description : Police arrest woman for blowing bubbles at the G20, Considered it assault etc. This is the short version. There is a longer version if you care to watch it.

in case Link doesn't work:

arrested for blowing bubbles

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
In Canada? I would never have thought.

I live 45 mins away, and i am sending complaints to the opp, federal and provincial governments.

If you live in Canada, please do the same.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Like I said in another post "You're next!!!!!!!!!' Stupid angry person with badge saves day. Blah blah blah. Is there no end in sight to this type of insanity? Arrested for bubbles? What a gullabul. What a nincowpoop. What an ultra-maroon. (The cop that is).

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
oh geez in that case I am wanted for mass murder as are many other west ham united fc fans, i was blowin em the whole 90 mins

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by rabbi
oh geez in that case I am wanted for mass murder as are many other west ham united fc fans, i was blowin em the whole 90 mins

That will blow over most of the users here..... But i get your point mate

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
"For a billion dollars you could have gotten somebody with a better attitude."

And better shorts. If I had to wear those sissy shorts in public, I would also be teed off like Officer Hemorrhoids is. I take it this guy doesn't fare very well on the annual family day picnic. Probably goes around arresting little kids who are blowing bubbles.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by SphinxMontreal]

[edit on 16-7-2010 by SphinxMontreal]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

oh yeah roger that i sometimes forget this is used by mainy yanks

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
What's the difference between a bubble and an OPP.... ?
Sunglasses.

We have a relatvely civil country..because in general the peple are OK, not because our police are that great...maybe we should stop spoiling them and send them to mexico to work on the border, and then maybe then they will appreciate the good ol' polite Canadians who
PAY THEIR DAMN WAGES
a little more.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
lol too absurd for words. Somebody should have gone and got one of those giant bubble making wands.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Officer Chip Onhishoulder needs to chill the hell out.

By all reports that make it out of the G20 protests you've got anarchists with molotov cocktails running around so I think he can spare his stern facade for a minute to politely express his concern for his partner getting a bit of dishsoap in the eye.

Most cops get pepper-sprayed as a part of training so I think she could handle it anyway.

Originally posted by Arkady
lol too absurd for words. Somebody should have gone and got one of those giant bubble making wands.
That would qualify as a weapon of mass-destruction sir.

[edit on 7/16/2010 by eNumbra]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
OMG! What an @$$

Do wish someone would send him down here after Greenspan and crew

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I really hope something is done about this jerk. I wonder if his supervisors know what happened? they need to!

And whats odd, is that I thought she put away the bubbles after he told her to.. and got arrested anyway?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

The video is edited so there's no knowing what happened during the "Few minutes" in between.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
not to be a bummer, but did anyone see her get arrested for blowing bubbles?
i didn't.
get a feeling there's more to it.
maybe she got pissed and started mouthing off.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
And to interject some humor in the subject, Wasn't Bubble blowing deemed illegal in a Sponge Bob episode?????????
Hey that's it! Sponge Bob is a profit! lets all keep glued to that cartoon and see what other predictions we may learn from it

sorry had to be silly every now and then

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Yeah, it sems it is very likely that something was happened that was not shown. Or at least I hope so. Still, the jerk was outta line imo.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I'm not defending the cop, he was a rude a hole who could have been more polite and probably would have gotten better cooperation.

He did give her the reason for her not to blow bubbles at them. It could get the lady officer in the eye and caused her a brief amount of pain.

Causing an officer pain can be seen as assault of an officer. Although I'm sure the judge laughed so hard he couldn't bang his gavel before releasing her.

Again I'm not defending the guy, I'm sure if he wasn't trying his best to appear badass then the lady would have been more understanding and the whole thing would have been a non issue.

Never really seen anyone get that upset over a bubble.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Poor little coppies, bubbles on your face, protraying to the world your such a disgrace!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
At the G20 they were arresting people for a secret law that didn't exist, so don't hold to high a hopes for common sense.
After all at a secret tribunal hearing for a person who was held for three years with out charges the ex attorney General Pierre Blais said:
"THE TRUTH IS NO DEFENSE"

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Danbones]

<<   2  3  4 >>

join