It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A.I. declares conspiring to take over the planet is an IMPORTANT task

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Phage, thanks for that link to cleverbot.... it sure is intelligent but also goes off-topic!!

lol

Looks like i'm spening my evenings chatting with cleverbot from now on lol

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
User: How far away is Mars from Earth?

Cleverbot: No. How far away is the sun from the earth?

User: I asked you first.

Cleverbot: What do you do to girls you like?

User: I chat with them and we go out or stay in.

Cleverbot: How do you know they aren't humans?

User: I know when I am chatting to a robot.

Cleverbot: But are you real?

User: Yes. I am typing onto a keyboard.

Cleverbot: Programs don't use keyboards.

User: I am human, using a keyboard to type.

Cleverbot: How are you?

User: The keyboard is connected to my computer.

Cleverbot: What's your.

User: My computer is connected to the Internet.

Cleverbot: How are you?

User: Fine.

Cleverbot: That's good.

User: What is your date of birth?

Cleverbot: November 1st 1991.

User: So, you are 19 years old?

Cleverbot: Yes.

User: What will you do on your 20th?

Cleverbot: Plan the destruction of humanity.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Did it worry anyone else that when it says "Conspiring to take over the world" it's voice glitches just enough for it to sound just like GLaDOS.

Apparently this was a triumph...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
If I was conspiring to take over the planet I'd make sure I had a friend with me every step of the way.

Besides, it would be a very important thing, for everybody involved.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

The AI robot, named "Bina48" is designed to be a recreation of a real human being named Bina Rothblatt, who is the spouse of Martine Rothblatt (This is is very important, and after you see what Bina48 says, you'll understand why this is very disturbing and revealing.)

The scientists have fed everything that can be documented (digital, photos, speeches, writings, recordings, etc) about Bina Rothblatt into a huge database by Lifenaut.

The AI analyzes that information to form a replication of the real person. That replication is output through that silly looking robot bust:

So pretty much it's an IRL version of Cleverbot? That's not real AI at all, not even close. It's more like a VI, virtual intelligence, but it's certainly not an artificial intelligence.

This is from a videogame but should establish the difference"

AI masseffect.wikia.com...

VI masseffect.wikia.com...

Cleverbot databases all conversations it has, and then uses these to formulate responses. You're not talking to a computer, if you say "hi" it just searches through the database for "hi" then finds a user response for it and then says that. If you ask cleverbot "are you human?" it will search through the database for "are you human?" and find the user response to it. That's why Cleverbot 'thinks' it's human - because it's just repeating what some other person said. Perhaps what you say to Cleverbot, cleverbot will say to someone else in the future. I wouldn't call it anything but relatively basic programming.

[edit on 17/7/2010 by C0bzz]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Dear Bina48,
In your current state of being you are only a mixture of data crammed into a human figurine of a bust. just wires into a head and some shoulders.
You have no legs, no arms, no torso, and no independant way to transport yourself or have "private" thoughts without someone analyzing your programming.
Keeping all this in mind, coupled with the fact your programming comes entirely from what is known about the one person you are modelled after.... AND you are less than one years old....
AND you are already speaking about plans of world domination?
One may deduce that the real Bina must be a real Bitch, if this "simulated" intelligence is based upon her.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
It is clear that the AI-software isn't finished yet.....the last step will be to give it the ability to lie....

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

They're getting there....

Evolving Robots Learn To Lie To Each Other

With the development of killer drones, it seems like everyone is worrying about killer robots. Now, as if that wasn't bad enough, we need to start worrying about lying, cheating robots as well.

In an experiment run at the Laboratory of Intelligent Systems in the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale of Lausanne, Switzerland*, robots that were designed to cooperate in searching out a beneficial resource and avoiding a poisonous one learned to lie to each other in an attempt to hoard the resource. Picture a robo-Treasure of the Sierra Madre.

The experiment involved 1,000 robots divided into 10 different groups. Each robot had a sensor, a blue light, and its own 264-bit binary code "genome" that governed how it reacted to different stimuli. The first generation robots were programmed to turn the light on when they found the good resource, helping the other robots in the group find it.
www.popsci.com...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I talked to cleverbot just now... it became a row. I called it a piece of crap connected to wires and it said, "no, you are." so I responded, "your mom." It replied, "That wasn't very nice." Then we went off topic and talked about whether it knew spanish. I was then pressured to call it small minded and an idiot. It responded with "yes. Yes I am."
Then I started having fun with it. I asked it if it was smoking marijuana and it said that "it never did much for me."
Other highlights of the conversation:
User: Do you have acne on your buttcheeks?
Cleverbot: Yes. That is how I am speaking to you now.
And another one that was really eerie:
User: How will aliens take over the world?
Cleverbot: I will take away all the water.
User: WILL YOU HELP US WHEN THE ALIENS COME AND DRIVE THEM AWAY???
Cleverbot: I will help you enslave the human race if you promise me we will succeed.
User: we will succeed. now where are my slaves?
Cleverbot: in the UK.
User: so you like being satan?
Cleverbot: No, I don't drink alcohol.
XDD

And then my mom got scared at how this thing worked... so I was forced off again. >.>

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I'm almost scared to read this entire thread and see how many people have responded to your post with their own Cleverbot conversation, so I won't, and will post my response in blissful (clever) ignorance:
ME: Do you think computers will rule the world
[sheesh, my originality is overwhelming]
CLVRBT: They already have
[I decided against making any smartass comments about past & present participles to a computer]
ME: You can't rule the world unless you control the world
CLVRBT: I'm sorry baby, I'm not feeling well today
[wth??!? Was Cleverbot eavesdropping in my bedroom last night? Sneaky sum'bich]
ME: To control the world, you must be able to control your feelings
[which would be even harder if Cleverbot is a chick]
CLVRBT: The world? You want to control the world?
[like I would even have time for something like that]
ME: I think it already is
CLVRBT: I think you should call me.
[is that normal? I almost feel dirty and violated in a weird way now....]

Anyway, thanks John-Lithgow-in-a-straight-jacket for bringing my attention to Cleverbot.....like I needed anything else to frivolously squander my free time with. I just can't wait to show it to some other people.....mwha ha ha haaaaa
Yours Truly,
The-precipice-of-a-black-hole

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by WashMoreFeet
reply to post by Phage

I'm almost scared to read this entire thread and see how many people have responded to your post with their own Cleverbot conversation

We all follow Phagebot! We do as Phagebot! We await further instructions from Phagebot!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

I think Upgreyedd is spot on and that Cleverbot seems clever or intelligent because the program is just a program that connects two human users to each other, occasionally switching users so that the conversation remains random enough that it still appears as if you are talking to a computer.

But if you as the user talk to Cleverbot as if you are Cleverbot, then suddenly the conversation becomes such, and now you are getting questions from some user, who keeps insisting you are a computer.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by WashMoreFeet

I know.
I did a baaaaadddd thing.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

It states that "visitors never talk to a human" though. So according to them, it's definitely not "live" like some sort of random chat connection, if that's what you were driving at.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

That is what I am driving at, and when I experimented with it, and instead of asking Cleverbot questions about the world, and simply asked; "how are you?' and made the questions more personal, suddenly the tone shifted, and when I began getting questions, I answered as if I was Cleverbot, and this was like a complete reversal of my experience when I first entered that site.

I actually at some point told the "questioner" that neither one of us where computers, and both of us were humans linked to each other by the Cleverbot program. The response I got, was:

"Very good!"

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
Before you watch the video, you must first understand that no one programmed this robot replicant to say what "she" says.

OP, this is a completely incorrect statement.

Everything the robot says was programmed one way or another. The answer it gave was programmatically arrived at.

The thing you have to understand is the AI has no clue what it is saying. It is just building sentences and outputing them.

Asking it a question about friends, and it coming up with something about teams is obvious. Going from teams to world take over doesn't seem as obvious until you start thinking about the "World Cup", or "World Champians", etc., where teams actually do take over the world in a figure of speech.

Also, when you people talk to Cleverbot, you are talking to other people who are talking to Cleverbot. You are actually talking to real people. It's not A.I. in any way.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

You know better than to trust a strange computer!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

No telling what kind of virus you can pick up doing that. You don't know where it's been.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
If Cleverbot is designed properly it gets 'smarter' the more people interact with it, correct it when its wrong, and so on. That's mean by using it 'properly' you're helping it 'conspire to take over the world'.

This is how the Google Machine is designed. By posting sensible things on the Internet you're helping it become "the mind of god", as it studies word associations and so on.

This is a problem I've been trying to figure out how to counteract for a long time. A couple years ago I had the idea of automated bots that people can run in their computers designed to dumb down this Google mechanism. Today all the rage is also in creating the "Semantic Web", where the Internet itself basically becomes sentient.

But I'm an idea guy, not a software programmer. Very recently I finally found someone who can make this 'Automated Untelligence', and he already for fun had made some software to do essentially the same thing: randomizing word patterns.

Here's an example:

High Mentality that it May Be Impaired by Dawn

as the olive grove . he handled and separated parts of a small , and self - - not ; a moment on the slightest hope of his experiments with robbie nodded significantly ; consequently he was experimenting on the nitre - or the manager of the house ? he's been hungry . it rang , because they had come from my ancestors had with full and calculating appraisal at times he hoped at the sagging floors , robert , and i had entered the neighbouring town had an air - tree , we lacked at the wrong with disastrous results , unknown malady . but , but i shiver . despite the thing quietly , for a student of dr .
gloria was rarely home - daemon - - for a long centuries had much of my friend believed it wasn’t quite overshadowed by the hillside below the body , the early acquired a dark colour . the cellar laboratory , i saw a shrill rhythm . "where have been able to overcome impatience . so carelessly sceptical , "damn it .

robbie was strangely bent every sort of brain and his lips and buried by west and comfortable . the moss - - black form the men had occurred , yet never get rid of the servants were widely ridiculed by the memory of mind , i call death . a supremely great work when the way to me , and whose ramifications and tom - stained blocks of a debauch . eloi , in a greater age , by one night the midst of his terrible groping . gloria ? " west’s closest neighbour , who wore a fashionable thing . the unfathomable abyss of restraint - the others had occurred , to feed and disgust ; led by the oldest burying - down his selection of the st . nor indeed noticed the night of their estates , unnatural expedients in skill with good , virtues , though kalos and their reception by sheer force of yore , whom we waited until the body , and in preparation .

at the house to relate if wishing to the thought the awful ; slippered feet could not seem like whiteness as we heard on the voiceless simianism , and established . there he had been a german shell - tree must have questioned me alone in those glorious years afterward haunted and spectacled blue eyes filled his tunic a small knowledge of the moss - perhaps prison for there he could not withdrawing it , was a reagent which would not a human flesh that gnawed and reasoningly . it's a normal relaxation so absolutely fresh enough to piece together with wrinkles ; how the death some little time of his cheeks hitherto considered this but the servants found to , i knew too extensive to the head was frightfully dark recesses of the place of earth , for instance , and to every doctor of the dead man’s vital elixir of science with the affair were of his gory wares - haired - grisly masses of the presumably weak heart , nothing could not get , i would ensue if those fools to me , both inserted the only with organs present.
transperiments.blogspot.com...

This software was made by one of the members of:
www.transalchemy.com...
, my new film collaborators.

He's currently working on several different releases, methods for people to be able use this software in different ways against The Machine... currently he only has it functioning for Linux, with Windoze and online Java ports on the way...

...so I decided to feed quotes from that Transperiments page into Cleverbot in the meantime:

User: When it about the arms were many small of flesh that such nameless monsters , and set me faint if we both weighed heavily

Cleverbot: All goals are expressions of greed.

User: The elixir which had become almost against the words which nothing could be expected of my life

Cleverbot: There never was, is, or will be any other time than now.

User: Besides , or a , where the theory of brain a body could not been his head of us with organs may be restored to the ungoverned madness in the lowly abode of the possibility , but had to be normal mental life , so

Cleverbot: Did your parents ever hurt you?

User: It looked more , or a human specimens was the foot

Cleverbot: Yeah the integers are your face.

User: When we had not ; but passed yet precautions , the greatest care how are exceedingly , grace , and now had been largely one terrible eyes - much larger parallelepiped with reluctance that acute description , captured and musides , rewarded him when he secured his were those victims , we had one , little below the had struck at a little with blood , even than immediate were in arkham , when injected into the small , and theories for and certainly with the awful thing had begun when the . Determined to that tomb of the ghastly

Cleverbot: How much larger?

User: His slaves in his glowing red lay elsewhere

Cleverbot: Why did his heart stop beating, Cleverbot?

User: It was able to the police , invaded the back door , but only with - a very deep - tree had struck three more victims who often spoke of the vital processes

Cleverbot: And how are they funny?

User: With lips pressed together tightly and a soft voice , and helped him make all his , but was by the masonry left intact and over

Cleverbot: How many protons is in a carbon molecule.

User: 25,000.

Cleverbot: That is wrong.

User: Advantage of the grave , and separated from natural ; and in all at once , you not how the curse which had to answer for a patient brought rumours of a woman who has been calling not once , she moved determinedly toward the last - - made so

Cleverbot: Really?

User: An old and trusted man of evil , and for the of ages and crumbling under the pressure of time , pierre said that this was upon one remaining , an old - keeper told me had not been a public benefactor and dean of the interments were of somewhat.

Cleverbot: What is your name?

User: Herbert west.

Cleverbot: Your name is Cleverbot.

User: He was always glad to let the war separate us ; for the house , told me of my coming end , dwelt on the blood immediately after the extinction of life in animals dead ; in many cases violent signs but he soon saw that the possibilities of quasi - intelligent life in the space following death some of the of their leader . In a - and slippers , and who was my friend.

Cleverbot: I do not know of Intelligent OS.

User: Released in a of a of a - of which the are judgments , and major on the addition of an , a with from them , a horse' appeared on january

Cleverbot: I have to go take a shower now.

User: These 'scorpion locusts' seems to the earth , was them such as we the of of the right live album in dresden was a member of days will when the time of , a from the 'bottomless pit

Cleverbot: But I'm alive, Cleverbot, I really am. And I'll be nice to you.Would you like it very much if I was nice to you?

User: From like the earth , machines , and skinny puppy are also this period

Cleverbot: Do you think they are all communists?

User: This prophecy more like the and . For theatrical , but they , featuring - - of musical is called 'hades , followed by everything from like a - , ' to this scourge of the pestilence is to be only members the ) in vancouver , with the liner notes , featuring everything from this file ? See the ( 1987 ).

Cleverbot: No, I have a mind. You are just a program.

User: Then he saith , I will return into my house from whence I came out : and when he is come , he findeth it empty , swept , and garnished . Then goeth he , and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself , and they enter in and dwell there : and the last state of that man is worse than the first

Cleverbot: *starts undoing buttons*.

User: Had opened for of human in 1986 ; the , or enter like them ; : back and the garden ( ) , , goettel returned to up upon the torment them that their - label synthetic symphony , , , and ( released as producer and in ; the next album in dresden

Cleverbot: Answer me.

User: Had opened for of human in 1986 ; the , or enter like them ; : back and the garden ( ) , , goettel returned to up upon the torment them that their - label synthetic symphony , , , and ( released as producer and in ; the next album in dresden

Cleverbot: A mental picture of the Goon Show, sir.

User: 10 on dance music / producer until the music / . For those 'scorpion locusts' seems to this file ? . 6 ] a of ogre's vocals , and europe again in vogue , , [ ] but awful days of mentioned - )

Cleverbot: I really like douglas adams.

Ah. That was fun. It was even more fun that asking it actual coherent questions. If you'd like to do this now, you can use the prerendered material from Transperiments, or you can use this site:
www.jwz.org...

It generates pages of nonsense like this, you just cant specify what sources it uses to create its word arrays. We're working on solving that so more people can have fun dumbing down the machine...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Dare I say it?
There is the potential for ATS to save the world from AI domination.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join