It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My World of Warcraft dream.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
July 16, 2010

I had a really fun dream that involved World of Warcraft the MMORPG that we all hear about. I haven't played the game in over a year and a half, but admit to playing it for almost a year.

There are two dreams involving this game the first dream was exactly like I was in the game with the graphics and even text floating above characters as you would expect; except it's fully virtual and I am interacting with this graphical theme at a higher resolution of dream reality so to speak.

For example, flying on my dragon was much more tactile and real in terms of how it felt. I must have been Alliance because all the Horde characters had red text; particularly this night-elf that was leaping and bounding down a gully running towards some encampment.

Another Horde character was also flying in the opposite direction as me on a wind rider (a lion like creature with bat wings). I was flying to meet up with some friend players to do an Instance. There were encounters (monsters on the land) and I made a pit stop in some city landing on a roof-top and my mount vaporizes into nothing as I dismount.

There are two humans with really cool face-paint graphics on their faces. One is bald and they are like town criers making announcements to travelers as they pass advertising shops and the local venues. The entire dream reality was immensely details and meticulously close to the actual game; but with much more reality induced game resolution.

I woke up so didn't get to enjoy further excursions in this version of Wow. It was the second dream that really intrigued me when I fell back to sleep.

In this dream, I am traveling with my friend Matt and we go to this amusement park that has a WoW themed game that we can play. We park, walk towards the amusement park and you can see some of the buildings and details that make the WoW theme. I would soon be in that part of the park to explore this strange concept for a game.

First stop once we entered the park was a bank machine, I took out $200.00 and my friend Matt took about the same. We walked to the entrance to the WoW game and bought our tickets to get in. It cost $20.00 for half an hour, and we got a stamp that has our start time on it.

It was extremely crowded and busy. People were all dressed as Larper's; and that is exactly what this game was... a fantasy larping game themed in the flavor of WoW. The contrast between the realism of the first dream; one that mimicked the game characters, monsters and graphics to one that mimicked the what if in this reality we created a wow theme-park.

Both vivid and real, but both totally within one's expectation of circumstances to give way for how the game would look in terms of the context of the reality at hand. That said both were dreams; and one mimicked how the WoW game might look in real life if made by humans as entertainment.

When we walked in, we had to trade in our real world clothes and hit wardrobe. I put my jacket in a closet and forgot to take my money (which in turn started to make me worry when I realized it later). I grabbed a very lame tunic and just put it on.

At this point I lost sight of my friend as we kind of got split up in the sea of people walking to get into the orientation area that was just past a restaurant and bar that although were themed like taverns had the expected and usual draft beer handles with long beer titles.

I walked into the orientation area outside and was looking around at all the people. Now I have never larped and have seen only on the internet what larpers dress like. It was like a zany costume convention with many people obviously right into dressing up like wow characters. Lots of overweight players looking rather humorous in leather tunics with a variety of halloween like plastic accessories to create armor; some going the aluminum foil and cardboard route.

There was a group that were singing what I assume is some kind of medieval song and there was even a special-needs teenager that was right into the song (but in the same crowd of onlookers at me) who started to jump and clap excitedly.
I looked around and they did a nice job making a Disney Land like town with the cheesy purple and blue paint over speckle cement sprayed on the building outsides. It all looked totally amusement park quality with a heavy dose of larper cheese.

The area created was fairly massive, a good piece of land was clearly dedicated to this game and the massive sea of players and staff suggested it was very popular of an idea.

I couldn't find my friend and didn't want to solo this game with out him. I was laughing at how ridiculous it all was; and how totally submersed and intense the larpers were. I laughed and walked back into the tavern area. I decided to have a beer and walked towards the bar.

I reached for my money and realized I left it in my jacket. I headed back to the entry area and bumped into my friend who was now with another friend of mine. I gave him crap for just wandering off without me because the game has a large acreage of space.

My friend is really excited about this game; and he insists we buy a day pass because 30 minutes is not enough time to explore the world. I do agree and tell him I was outside already and saw that it was looking like quite a big world. Our other friend didn't want to do the day pass and that bothered my friend because he really wanted to stay there.

What was funny was the conversation with the staff that my other friend was having;

"So people really get into this game I take it." he asks.

The lady at the ticket booth laughs and says, "You have no idea, we usually warn people that this can be very addictive and that they do have to return to the real world.".

"You must get a lot of weirdos coming through here.", he says.

She looks at him with a face that basically said, "You have no idea...", she sighs and my other friend who is enthusiastic pipes up.

"Well, I have only been here for 20 minutes and I want to be here for the whole day. I'm already addicted and I haven't played yet."

I laugh and he shells out $100.00 for a day pass. I walk over and do the same. The only tragedy is that I wake up before we get to orientation as a group. I really wanted to see how combat was larped and check out some of the scenery.

What a really pointless couple of dreams; but very entertaining both visually and in terms of how the game might look under two totally different circumstances. If there is such a wow themed park in the world full of larpers in this world; I am convinced now that I must check it out.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

I had a dream about wow just a few days ago , i was on a gryphon and my dad was also with me , and there was this girl teaching us the new tracking system in wow, wich looked just like the minimap feature. Nothing new there can not quite understand why we needed someone to show us it. But anyway there we was me and my dad hunting down my ex girlfriend on these gryphons. Can´t quite remember mutch more then that.

Told my friend about it , he told me to go see a shrink as i was clearly disdurbed. I told him that was just a dream that was normal in some way, seing as most of my dreams are really freaky, the other day i was black pete and micky mouse was there and donald duck and we was sailing towards a castle in wich there was a evel sienctist and we robbed the place but then the scientist made all our money dissapear , but then i rememberd i had this dream before so i attacked the sientist and got the cloaking device and shut it off , then the scientist ran towards the cellar and i rememberd the last time i chased him down there i was killed, so i just simply woke up instead.

Another day another dream
another way another scheme
in wich we live and how we die
the rest is clear but we don´t try.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Juanxlink

Ehhh not to be captain obvius but instead of going around mocking other people´s post , why don´t you get a life?

It´s fun when the tables turn on you right?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Sounds like you had an interesting dream...

But... what's the conspiracy angle here? What are we supposed to be discussing?

Maybe this should be reserved for BTS?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Its simple. You have played the game to much even if not in the recent days or years.

Yeh this shouldn't be on ATS...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
There is no conspiracy here, but this is the right forum to post dreams on; and who knows if Blizzard doesn't create a WoW theme-park in the future? Perhaps it's prophetic, or I was in a parallel dimension?

I just know it was entertaining and cool to have two similar theme based dreams and that some people on this forum will enjoy reading it; if to be simply entertained as I was.

Dreams are far more then just random misfiring from the brain. They are highly intelligent, magnificently crafted virtual reality simulations that we effortlessly produce and think absolutely nothing of.

For most of you, they are silly dreams with no meaning. For me, they are alternate reality systems that I create and live in. In my research over the last 23 years related to dream phenomena; dreams very well could be the forge of all reality.

That there is nothing that could or can exist that was not dreamed of first.

This reality right now; is a type of dream. Just one on a much grander and more universal scale then what we experience in our sleep; yet some dreams that we experience in our sleep also come true in this reality; hence the Deja Reve or precognitive dream aspect of the dream phenomena.

Most excellent stuff I might add.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spacedman13

Ehhh not to be captain obvius but instead of going around mocking other people´s post , why don´t you get a life?

It´s fun when the tables turn on you right?

Tables turn?
You may want to double check your post...
I dont see me losing a thing here...
Mocking? Well Im not the one talking about a game related dream...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Go ahead, mock away, like I care. It's good to have fun and not be all stuffy and boring all the time. I'm just glad I can dream in a myriad of totally amazing and awesome adventures of my choosing. My BTL simulator is top-notch.

As for Spacedman13, he had a pretty cool WoW dream so happen to respect on his cool factor.

Dreams rock.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Holy crap. I wish I had WoW dreams. I still play until this day on WowBeez. Lol
2nd.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by h1satsu

I just found it odd that after such a long time of not playing, I would even dream of this game. Suffice to say, it was actually really awesome. That's why I had to share it in forum. I woke up twice with a big smile and one more reason why I love dreaming so much.

As to having these types of dreams, it's not hard to do... I have a thread that I am digging up: Lucid Dreaming Techniques

That can give you a bit of a head start on becoming a Jedi Master of the dream state and have a very entertaining sleep as opposed to a boring one.

U2U me if you need more tips or what ever, I'm always eager to help people develop hard core dreaming skillz.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Wow so he dreamt about a game he hasn't played in a year and a half and you say get a life?? Well if we use your logic then since you were having sex with an ex-girlfriend in your dreams does that mean you haven't had REAL sex in a year and a half

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Destroyed

As funny as your reply is. And it is very funny. I had to laugh. I do not judge Juanxlink for his opinion. He is after-all, engaged within the same paradoxical reality that I have to endure. His plight with reality is self-similar to my own. The difference only is conscious experience and edification of reality.

He has to grow from his own experiences with reality and dreams. I cannot grow that for him.

You drive the car of your own reality.

May it be a good drive, and awesome journey. I wish the best for all of you.

new topics

top topics

join