It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18th century ship found beneath ground zero

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

18th century ship found beneath ground zero

uk.news.yahoo.com

Archaeologists working at the World Trade Centre site in New York have found the remains of a wooden ship apparently buried there more than 200 years ago.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
just seen this and thought it was interesting.
nice to hear everyones thoughts
always nice to find something good from something bad
i wonder what else they may find
not just beneath ground zero but all over if they could
imagine the possibilities
makes the mind boggle
also i wonder what the history tells of this
peace

uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Oh my god. The bible is true. noah's ark has been found. Thought it would have been older though.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Djdoubt03

I'm sure if Noah's Ark DID in fact exsist, it would be way older than 200 years. 200 years ago it was the early 1800's. That's not exactly a biblical time.

As for finding this ship under ground zero, that's rather remarkable and it also makes you wonder how it got there and why it was put there.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Maybe of esoteric importance?
Buried in the foundations of America since 1776?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
What i find more interesting is the "How did that get there?"
I mean, i know new york has a port, but...Ground zero, through-out american history has never been covered with water deep enough for a ship to sail on?
Good find. Maybe there is a tresure chest!!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djdoubt03
Oh my god. The bible is true. noah's ark has been found. Thought it would have been older though.
Just a joke guys, I know this find is not dated to biblical times. All joking aside it would be exciting to know whats inside if anything. I would love to see under Chinatown the current location that sits atop The Five Points and Paradise Square. For those that don't know these were the locations that the book and movie Gangs of New York was about.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

I think it may have got there due to it being used as a ground filling, apparently anyway.
seems a strange thing to use tho considering hardcore is the thing to use, (crushed stone).
You would think it would be in a museum or even just kept as a momento.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xilvius
As for finding this ship under ground zero, that's rather remarkable and it also makes you wonder how it got there and why it was put there.

It makes some of us wonder anyway. Most people on the other thread seem to think it's some sort of joke.

[edit on 16/7/10 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I was under the impression that all of New York was hard rock base (that's why they were able to build such tall buildings) and that the WTC had 10 or more basement floors putting it about 100 feet below street level. That's an awful lot of fill to be dumping there 200 years ago with what, ox carts...?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

good point, there was a subway underneath aswell wasnt there?
in the link it states 20-30ft down so i dont know where they are measuring it from, either street level or subway level?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

what do expect lol, its posted in the 9/11 conspiracy forum and the headline is 18th century ship brought down the two towers.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Who in the world would have used this ship as filling material? I know that Manhattan was built up, but that was not that long ago, when would it have been put there? Star and Flag!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
This isn't called the Black Rock by any chance?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
I was under the impression that all of New York was hard rock base (that's why they were able to build such tall buildings) and that the WTC had 10 or more basement floors putting it about 100 feet below street level. That's an awful lot of fill to be dumping there 200 years ago with what, ox carts...?

That's right. If they had a substandard base the towers would have looked like the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

It's not possible for those towers to be built on "landfill".

Even on the rock base, you would need to build a base of compacted quarry rubble or crushed rock for the foundation to sit on.

[edit on 16/7/10 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
We might want to keep an eye on what they find on this ship. Is it really a coincidence that this 200 year old ship was found under the ruins of attacked buildings in New York City.

I wonder if it has gold on board? Let's just wait to see what it is.

[edit on 7/16/2010 by Misoir]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
There are so many shipwrecks in New York Harbor it isn't even funny. In fact records show that somewhere down there rests the remains of an old British frigate from the eighteenth century, HMS Hussar, that sank with a nice consignment of gold aboard. There have been repeated attempts to go after it but the muck on the bottom makes it nearly impossible. In all seriousness the landscape had shifted so much many researchers believe if there is anything left of the ship its buried beneath some landfill in the Bronx

HMS Hussar

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Moriarty]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
What i find more interesting is the "How did that get there?"
I mean, i know new york has a port, but...Ground zero, through-out american history has never been covered with water deep enough for a ship to sail on?
Good find. Maybe there is a tresure chest!!

it was from filling in lower manhattan probably. They literally drug huge amounts of earth and dropped it into the water to extend the land mass.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Nice find!

"Buried in the 1800's because New Yorkers needed more land." Interesting indeed, and showing how much of Manhattan used to be underwater was surprising. I bet there are some nice artifacts on the ship.

Peace

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

nice find man
star for you

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join