It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapid Military Build-up in Jefferson Parish

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Rapid Military Build-up in Jefferson Parish

A rapid military build-up and an unconfirmed road-block maneuver is being conducted, along with a visible exodus of residents in the Barataria Bay area of Jefferson Parish in South Louisiana.

People are still allowed to leave on their own accord. The road blocks are apparently for people attempting to travel in according Project Gulf Impact unconfirmed reports.

Could someone in Jefferson County confirm or deny this? This is very disturbing if true.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Good Find

Maybe things aren't going so well at the sea floor. This might finally be the start of the evacuations we have been talking about for months.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Total Lock-Down kids. Right out of the ol' soviet pay-book. Remember how long it took for the USSR to admit to Chernobyl?

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Ignore, I just check the Project Gulf site no such story.
Listen up some of us live down here and are very nervous about what is going on so unless you have the facts straight don't post OK?
Man some people are just creeps.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Seriously...everyone just chill. "Total lockdown"...where do you get that? It says they are allowing people to leave freely. It's incoming folks they are trying to control...if this is even true. If evacuations begin, I'm sure MSM will cover it first. It's not like it's something to hide. Everyone has known it might come to fruition from the beginning. Panicking and posting BS is counterproductive fear mongering.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by glitchinthematrix]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dead shrimp blues

Originally posted by dead shrimp blues
Listen up some of us live down here and are very nervous about what is going on so unless you have the facts straight don't post OK?

This is why I post, to get to the truth. Thank you for you post. I have family in Florida and Texas but none in Louisiana. This is why I wanted to know.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Ahhh. the Examiner.... Maybe Batboy is living under the gulf with his Alien Overloard wife and they called in all the troops. Thats right folks. They called old uncle George W. and he pulled some strings and got some damn results!

MOTF!

[edit on 14-7-2010 by MessOnTheFED!]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

I think its maybe a good thing they are there to help....

IF

1. Citizens can travel/evacuate WITH their weapons
2. Citizens can re-enter to retrieve items forgotten
3. Citizens are not harrassed
4. After the citizens are gone (or mostly gone) to keep pillaging down.

If they are there to keep things orderly and help the movement out to be safe, GOOD ON 'EM! When Rita hit Texas it was a total cluster with the evac.

If they are there like in La after Katrina and started going door to door...

Well...

Thats a different thing and needs to be responded to "in kind".

With all of the health issues popping up, those folks need to get out of dodge anyhow.

the idiots in the fed gov bailed out the fat cats with OUR TAXES, let'em fork over some to help these folks! This is bigger than state level and would therefore come under fed assistance.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius
reply to post by darkelf

I think its maybe a good thing they are there to help....

IF

1. Citizens can travel/evacuate WITH their weapons
2. Citizens can re-enter to retrieve items forgotten
3. Citizens are not harrassed
4. After the citizens are gone (or mostly gone) to keep pillaging down.

If they are there to keep things orderly and help the movement out to be safe, GOOD ON 'EM! When Rita hit Texas it was a total cluster with the evac.

If they are there like in La after Katrina and started going door to door...

Well...

Thats a different thing and needs to be responded to "in kind".

With all of the health issues popping up, those folks need to get out of dodge anyhow.

the idiots in the fed gov bailed out the fat cats with OUR TAXES, let'em fork over some to help these folks! This is bigger than state level and would therefore come under fed assistance.

The fact is, most governments are inept, incapable and completely at odds with what the people of any stricken region need.
The only people you can rely on are your friends, family and neighbours.

IMO, Governments respond in an effort to maintain their image in the eyes of the public at large, meaning their priority is not to help the region or the people of that region. I believe their priority is and always has been to secure their popularity or maintain face. Second on that list of priorities is probably to maintain their relationships with big business and corporations.
Third on that list is to prevent violent dissent that could become out of control and again loose them support in the wider public.

I hate to imagine how far down on the list "Helping the citizens" really is. But it's certainly not high up there.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

This goes double for me. Not cool.

Tensions are high right now on the coast. This affects allot of lives. chill with the misinformation.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality

Tensions are high right now on the coast. This affects allot of lives. chill with the misinformation.

I believe in his original post, he asked anyone down there to confirm or deny it, as if it were truly a question that the OP did not know the answer to one way or the other definitively. Which makes it IMO bad form to tear the OP apart for posting it in the form of a question.

If people who aren't there don't ask these sorts of questions of the people that ARE there, we shall never know what is truth or what is fiction. The OP did also thank someone for their answer that it was not true, and stated again that he only posted it to get the answer one way or the other.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

Originally posted by Digital_Reality

How is it misinformation? I found an article and am asking for someone in the area to confirm or deny the article! If they are keeping people out it would verify some of the other post on this site that say outsiders are not allowed to to film or photograph what is going on. If there are no blockades then I still want to know as I have family down there, just not in Louisiana.

Nowhere have I said this is happening. I want someone there to confirm or deny. Shesh!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Thank you!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

How is it misinformation? I found an article and am asking for someone in the area to confirm or deny the article! If they are keeping people out it would verify some of the other post on this site that say outsiders are not allowed to to film or photograph what is going on. If there are no blockades then I still want to know as I have family down there, just not in Louisiana.

Nowhere have I said this is happening. I want someone there to confirm or deny. Shesh!

Your headline is STILL a statement, not a question.

When someone reads a headline declaring something, it is taken to be authoritative.

Too many people start threads with sensational headlines.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dead shrimp blues

Elf posted the title that was on the article. That title has since been changed. Click the article again. It states this fact.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

OP's Source

...the military moved into the Baratarria Bay area and immediately began setting up the road blocks.
Sunday evening after a call to his radio listeners for 'intel soldiers' to phone in information, Intel Hub Radio host Shepard Ambellas received calls from military personnel reporting they have seen a massive build up of combat troops, heavy combat equipment and weaponry including Active Denial Systems.

Before we make any judgements, this should be fairly easy to confirm or deny, do we have any members who live around Baratarria Bay, it's just north of Grand Isle and this would a preliminary hotspot IF there were going to be evacuations.

Here's a youtube video link to the video from the OP's link...
www.youtube.com...#!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

I have confirmation!!!
The story you posted asks if there are road blocks and asks if it is red alert.
You can plainly see this by the ?????? signs.
They are punctuation, so you can tell when there is a new sentance or if it is a statement or quesestion Etc.
This post you link is obviously designed to build fear.
Good job!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
THREAD NOTICE.

Alright, the personal attacks will cease now. It was simply a thread asking for confirmation. Please be aware that ATS has a very large member base where a community type atmosphere has formed throughout the years. Many come here to confirm various stories for accuracy.

The OP simply used the original title of the source article. That is very common for our members to do. The other site then edited its title and has a disclaimer posted at the top of the article explaining the edit.

Let's ease up a bit. As mentioned, tensions are high but that is no excuse to turn on each other. Any further discourteous post will be removed.

Thank you. Please stay on topic.

top topics

join