It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE BEST ANTI-CAR THEFT EVAR!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 07:34 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

JOHANNESBURG, South Africa (CNN) -- Crime-obsessed South Africans have a powerful new weapon with which to stop likely criminals: the car flamethrower.

Casting a man-high fireball, reportedly with no damage to the paint, the Blaster has been placed on 25 South African vehicles since its introduction last month.

At 3,900 rand ($655), it offers a cheap, dramatic defense against carjackers. It has yet to be deemed illegal.

South African courts allow killing if convinced that it's in self-defense. The defense is not unheard of. In last year's 13,000 carjackings, criminals often brandished weapons or used them with little provocation.

The Blaster squirts liquefied gas from a bottle in the automobile's trunk through two nozzles, located under the front doors. The gas is then ignited by an electric spark, with fiery consequences.

Both sides flame at the same time, regardless of whether the attack is coming from just one side of the vehicle, or whether passersby are on the other side. But the breadth and depth of blast can be modified according to individual preference.

Video...

[Edited on 3/12/2003 by necro99]

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Sounds cool, but am happy with the old .45 solution to the carjacker

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   
.45? You getting soft on us Dragon? Why would you want to give him a chance? I say go with Casull .454

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 08:30 PM
link   
to drive a crappy car! LOL!!!

Seriously, sounds pretty cool to me, sign me up! Personally though, electric shocks are funnier...

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 08:39 PM
link   
By the way, if they include barbecue skewers with the cost of the flamethrower system, sign me up!

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 08:44 PM
link   
LOVE IT HAHA THATS A DETERENT

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 11:10 PM
link   
just don't piss off your wife and run after her when she takes the car. what was the saying from the sixties? burn baby burn?

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 11:14 PM
link   
45? You getting soft on us Dragon? Why would you want to give him a chance? I say go with Casull .454 Posted by MKUltra

Well, am actually thinking of going with a .44 magnum Desert Eagle

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 07:10 AM
link   
this is not new news it also go's along with the blade tha cuts of your legs been in circulation for at least 6 yrs well the first time i saw/ heard about it was 6 yeas ago maybe its become leagle now and wasnt befor i dont know

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Well done Necro99.

Did you notice it ? The guy is a gentleman....HE HAS A BMW !!!!

Hey, I've to ask for a kit for my BMW. How much ?

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I'd kinda' like to rig up a bank of capacitors to be fed from the alternator to store a good charge...Then, with the press of a button (either from inside your car or if your anti-theft circuits are triggered), the entire body of the car will carry a high-voltage (but low current) charge. Whoever touches any metal parts of your car will get electrified...Having only a low current, it would only be fatal to someone who has a previous heart condition anyway.

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I wonder why they DON'T use electric shocks?

Surely it would be easy to do so that the person who grabs hold of the car door earths the vehicle. The engine could produce the electricity easily enough.....

Originally posted by Gazrok
to drive a crappy car! LOL!!!

Seriously, sounds pretty cool to me, sign me up! Personally though, electric shocks are funnier...

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 01:08 PM
link   
This system have the advantage that if you have an accident with your car you'll be kill not by impact but by an explosion.

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 04:01 PM
link   
MidnightDStroyer, my brother had a system who was working exactely like this one.

Unfortunately, it's not legal in my country, so, he removed it !

Or may be he removed it cuz one time his girlfriend was so drunk that she forgot the " super-genius-system ".

Don't laugh, she was so upset ( and knock out
) than she left my brother.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I think having your car tracked with the use of vehicle tracking systems is a new technology that we should look into and explore.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Many people seem to agree that violent criminals deserve to burn, unless the criminals are cute kids.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Nice.
Im not driving anything worth stealing,but all the same,it would be funny to have this and watch someone try to get my car.

new topics

top topics

join