It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good is the name of God, minus one letter, and Evil is the name of the devil, minus one letter

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
If this sort of word play etc interests you then you need to check out the work of Jordan Maxwell. He goes into this along with the hidden meanings in symbolism and it will blow your mind!

"His work on the subject of secret societies, both ancient and modern, and their symbols, has fascinated audiences around the world for decades."

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Wow, well done! want cookies?

I also used to read words backwards... when i was 8.
doh

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Good God the evil Devil lived as Santa, under the reign of the top doG.

2nd line.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
No your not the only idiot who ever worked this out. Try this out though.

for -G-od so loved the world that he gave his -O-nly -S-on that whoever belives in him won't -P-erish but have E-verlasting L-ife. G.O.S.P.E.L.

Something that was worked out 1917 by my Grandmother

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Allegory : is a figurative mode of representation conveying a meaning other than the literal.

Allegory communicates its message by means of symbolic figures, actions or symbolic representation. Allegory is generally treated as a figure of rhetoric (Rhetoric is one of the arts of using language as a means to persuade) but an allegory does not have to be expressed in language: it may be addressed to the eye, and is often found in realistic painting, sculpture or some other form of mimetic, or representative art.

The etymological meaning of the word is broader than the common use of the word. Though it is similar to other rhetorical comparisons, an allegory is sustained longer and more fully in its details than a metaphor, and appeals to imagination, while an analogy appeals to reason or logic. The fable or parable is a short allegory with one definite moral.

Since meaningful stories are nearly always applicable to larger issues, allegories may be read into many stories, sometimes distorting their author's overt meaning.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Horus was known as the rising sun. The sun comes up over the HOR-RIZ-ON.

When the "sun" Heru goes down or appears to set, the uncle of Heru named Set (also known as The prince of Darkness) rules until the Sun appears on the Horizon, or appears to rise again.

Thus when the Sun goes down it is phrased as Sunset.

Set is populary known as Satan.

Satan is derived from Set-En

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
WELL, GEEE, I , gues we are all letf out. BELIEVE NOTHING, BUT YOUR HEART.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
That is cool! I never put much thought into that connection. It seems some of our ancestors who put our english together wanted to put the definitions into the word spelling. Here are four to start. Know of any more?

God = Good
Devil = Evil
Embarrassed = Your pants fall down and your bare butt is exposed
Assume = You make an ass out of you and me

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO

good (adj.)
O.E. god (with a long "o") "having the right or desirable quality," from P.Gmc. *gothaz ...
I'm no expert on etymology, but I had the same idea except tried to look up both words being compared, like God and good. Both say they're from OE "god" but apparently not the same word as they are pronounced differently and have different origins:

www.etymonline.com...

god-
O.E. god "supreme being, deity," from P.Gmc. *guthan (cf. Du. god, Ger. Gott, O.N. guð, Goth. guþ), from PIE *ghut- "that which is invoked" (cf. Skt. huta- "invoked," an epithet of Indra), from root *gheu(e)- "to call, invoke." But some trace it to PIE *ghu-to- "poured," from root *gheu- "to pour, pour a libation" (source of Gk. khein "to pour," khoane "funnel" and khymos "juice;" also in the phrase khute gaia "poured earth," referring to a burial mound). "Given the Greek facts, the Germanic form may have referred in the first instance to the spirit immanent in a burial mound" [Watkins]. Cf. also Zeus. Not related to good. Originally neut. in Gmc., the gender shifted to masc. after the coming of Christianity. O.E. god was probably closer in sense to L. numen. A better word to translate deus might have been P.Gmc. *ansuz, but this was only used of the highest deities in the Gmc. religion, and not of foreign gods, and it was never used of the Christian God. It survives in English mainly in the personal names beginning in Os-.

good-
O.E. god (with a long "o") "having the right or desirable quality," from P.Gmc. *gothaz (cf. O.N. goðr, Du. goed, Ger. gut, Goth. goþs), originally "fit, adequate, belonging together," from PIE base *ghedh- "to unite, be associated, suitable" (cf. O.C.S. godu "pleasing time," Rus. godnyi "fit, suitable," O.E. gædrian "to gather, to take up together"). Irregular comparatives (better, best) reflect a widespread pattern, cf. L. bonus, melior, optimus. The good neighbours is Scot. euphemism for "the fairies" (1580s). Good-for-nothing is from 1711. Good looking is attested from 1780 (good looks by c.1800). Good sport is from 1917; good to go is attested from 1989.
Note the etymology for God says: "Not related to good."

So an interesting coincidence.

Besides, while Jesus seemed like a good being, the God in the old testament is not viewed as "good" by some:

The Old Testament God is Evil

1. 2 Kings 2:23-24 : 42 children are killed for calling a prophet "baldy", by two she-bears.
2. 1 Samuel 6:19 : 50 070 (or 70) people are killed for looking in (or "at") the Ark of the Covenant.
3. 1 Kings 20:30 : God makes a wall fall on and kill 27 000 of an army retreating from some Israelites.
4. Numbers 16:16-49 : Death to all those who complain (14 950 of them altogether).
5. 2 Samuel 6:6-11 : God kills someone for accidentally touching the Ark of the Covenant...

The Flood could not be the creation of a patient, loving, caring, forgiving or good god.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
Pretty sure this only occurs in English .

English is full of this sort of thing , sun , son , Amen , Auman , and so on .

There are some that feel the English language has some code imbedded within its make up .

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Max_TO]

Of course it does.

Evian bottled water = naivE
Naive
adj. 1. Lacking worldly experience and understanding, especially: a. Simple and guileless; artless. b. Unsuspecting or credulous.

I'm beginning to get some hope the more people start noticing this stuff. It truly does go deeper than you could imagine. Don't let the people that say you are reading into things discourage you. There are those that want you to be free, there are those that don't know what free is because of false teachings (they mean well but are still stuck..they aren't bad people for being stuck), and then you have the ones that blatantly don't want you to be free.

Keep waking up folks !!!! you look good in it (waking up)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Hey I had done the God=Dog thing and so one before but I have a couple you might find interesting.

WASHINGTON=SAW NOTHING...LOL...RESPELLED OF COURSE

THIS IS NEW AS I WAS TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO POST FOR THE FIRST TIME...

CONSPIRACY

CON=BAD GUY, CRIMINAL

SPI=SPY

RA=GOD

C=SEE

Y==WHY

CRIMINAL SPY, GOD SEE WHY!=CON-SPI-RA-C-Y....

OR THIS WAS MY BIG ONE YEARS AGO...BEFORE...911...CHECK OUT THESE NUMBERS...

12/15/19...12=L...15=O...19=L...

LOS

BACKWARDS

SOL

S*** OUTTA LUCK...OR SOL=SUN...LOS=LOSS...LOSS OF LIGHT...THE END OF ENLIGHTENMENT HAS BEGUN...NOT COOL...BUT WAIT...

12=1+2=3...15=1+5=6...19=1+9=10...3/6/10...0R 10/63...???...WEIRD HUH!!!

edit on 30-10-2010 by GheauxstTiger because: I reexamined the post and didn't like what i had said...cause it's not really cool it's more like uncool.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join