It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is how Russians handle the Somalian pirate problem...(caution, some graphic scenes)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
CAUTION: Graphic pictures and some language. Maybe Not safe for work, puppies or small children.

can't seem to get it to embed properly
www.youtube.com...

All explanations are in Russian and, with a single exception when a wounded pirate tells something in English, all conversations are between the commandos, in Russian. If you don't understand Russian, the pictures speak for themselves.

The soldiers freed their compatriots, moved all the pirates to their own (pirate) ship, searched the pirate ship for weapons and explosives, and took seven Somali pirates.

Then they left the ship and exploded it with the remaining pirates on it.

The commandos sunk the majority of the pirates without any court proceedings, lawyers, etc. That is, they used anti-piracy laws of the 18th and the 19th centuries.

The captain of the rescuing ship has the right to decide what to do with the pirates. Usually, they hanged them.

Impressive response to international terrorism - no Miranda rights to terrorists - no taxpayer-provided lawyers. No GITMO.

I would think, henceforth, Russian ships will not be targets...

As the Duke of Wellington said, "There is no substitute for cold steel."

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Just Wondering]

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Just Wondering]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
that was crazy.

I think it there should be more instances like this reported versus the tree hugging approach of the west.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
That is how we can speak best to them, by using their language violence. However unfortunate it is that is how it needs to be done for instances like this. If these pirates are waving their sticks in the air trying to look all big and bad to us, then we need to reply by showing them how big our stick is and actually hit them with it.
That sounds like a horrible innuendo after writing that.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
This video has been posted before, and there is no evidence showing that they blew up the ship with Somali pirates still aboard.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Here you go.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by HappilyEverAfter]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
What did the Russians do wrong then?
Seriously. They take no BS,

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
That is how justice is done.

" What ***k is that, What the ***k is that....

[edit on 12-7-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Aye it’s all fun and games until someone gets an inkling of the true nature of why we are all here and then realises he/she has to atone for the crimes of murder via an act of anti piracy.

So called lawful orders or not it is literally still an act of murder on the high seas they have committed, lawfully sanctioned or not, the get out of jail card the wrong thinking that they thought they could say they were “only following orders.” Later in their lives it will be too late and who will be laughing and high fiving each other then?

Certainly not their karma!

Greed and ignorance makes for bloody bedfellows, throw in some armed men not versed in compassion toward fellow humans and viola – crime against self never mind the murdered and suddenly they flunked out... Please come back later!

There is a better way than this!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

until you fight back, the bully keeps on kickin your ass, when you fight back he thinks twice. if you hit harder than he does, he wont # with you

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Usually you have to sign in to watch a video like that due to distressing content, weird.

The Russian's don't mess around, as they prove time and time again, particularly interesting how they dealt with the Georgia situation, using apparently largely outdated and inadequate equipment.

However I would like to see how they deal with the most ruthless and evil pirate the world has ever seen;

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

+1

I totally agree with your post .

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I agree, we can watch a 7 min video, and completely lose the fact that first, we don't know what really happened, I'm sure this took longer than 7 min, but to see just see 7 min and make a decision on how another human life is to be treated is disgusting IMO.

This is one of the reasons why though we may think some things change, they really stay the same. Until we learn how to treat each other on both sides, lives will be lost, recorded, and discussed on forums, and youtube.

Peace to you...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
CAUTION: Graphic pictures and some language. Maybe Not safe for work, puppies or small children.

can't seem to get it to embed properly
www.youtube.com...

The soldiers freed their compatriots, moved all the pirates to their own (pirate) ship, searched the pirate ship for weapons and explosives, and took seven Somali pirates.

Then they left the ship and exploded it with the remaining pirates on it.

I am sorry but where did it show the remaining pirates blown up? I am a bit lost about the pirate ship business are you saying the Russians had a pirate ship..

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I knew when the Russians said they would go after the pirates that they wouldn't pussyfoot about it.
Funny this is was all soviet weapons on board the pirate ship - AK's, Tokarev pistols, etc.
Law of the sea can be pretty cool sometimes, at least when justice get served.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I see what you are saying and cannot fully disagree with it.
But as long as I personally believed these men were pirates I would have no problems.
The Russians did not kill these men, they destroyed a boat.
It is now up to these individuals to kill themselves by giving up to exhaustion.
And if by some chance they make it, they should probably think twice about stepping on any boat EVARR!
Plus I’m sure said pirates had no nets or fishing gear onboard, this would have been a dead give away no fishing gear.
I can not speak on the weapons they had on board as I am better armed any time I step onto a boat myself.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
until you fight back, the bully keeps on kickin your ass, when you fight back he thinks twice. if you hit harder than he does, he wont (snip) with you

Oh, I have fought back believe me and I have left my fair share of enemies lying face down in a pool of blood too and it is nothing to be proud of. I have survived an attempted murder too and now if I was to meet those that tried and nearly succeeded in taking my life I would shake their hand and smile at them, buy them a beer because it is not about forgiveness, it is about getting over it and getting over yourself because it is ego that makes you want to hold onto odium and strive for vengeance.

I admit I have lived among the savages and been one to so humbly I ask you not to assume me to be some naive hippy who wants to hug everything because it is the filthy past that has brought me to my senses and to where I am now in my life and I say what I say not because I am being arrogant but because I want to make a difference in some way by speaking out.

For me living a very violent early life it is a disgrace to me that cost me a happy time and I have learned to let go and consign the filth to the past. The negative things you do to others will definitely haunt you even if at first you laugh and make sick jokes about it. If you say never then either your psychology is damaged or you are lying, or both.

That I did not think before I acted when I was a young man is something I carried around with me for a very long time but I guess it is true that youth is wasted on the young because if I knew then what I know now then I would be much more enlightened and not so disengaged from society in the now and expectant of only regressive thoughts and acts from my male peers today.

Make an enemy your friend or at least try and I promise you something amazingly progressive will happen. Instead of butchering these people and pointing weapons at them or laughing at their demise on YouTube we as a supposedly progressive and enlightened society need to engage them and talk to them about bringing them back into the global community but the way we engage them is certainly not to be done in the way it was tried in the early 90’s because that was not talking that was all about shows of force through mistrust and expecting them to jump to our tune under stupidly complicated rules of engagement, pandering to warlords and petty demands.

Engagement in the process of rebuilding a shattered society without overreaching and without looking to make a buck off the backs of the disenfranchised is the way to go and it will be hard and long so do it via tried and tested charities. There are many really decent and skilled people out there who would be willing to go in there and break their backs trying to make a difference but it seems easier to just kick a country into the bin and open fire with weapons first long before we open our mouths to talk.

Respect beyond borders and taking religion and culture out of the equation is to go a long way forward in fixing that which is broken and to clean up a mess of mass murder and shattered infrastructure that echoes from the past to the present and will continue to speak to the future just as long as we continue to butcher “the foe.”

To stand a chance there has to be respectful engagement and it will be dangerous no doubt, but to try with effort and real intent is never to fail and to try and die in such a venture beats fighting and dying so that a corrupt government might remain in power as has happened in Afghanistan for instance.

So respectfully in that context I ask who is the real bully here, the pirate forced to desperate acts or the Marine on the warship killing and laughing because he so loves to follow orders?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackCash
This video has been posted before, and there is no evidence showing that they blew up the ship with Somali pirates still aboard.

Correct. I'm a native speaker of Russian and I mostly followed the dialogue. There is no indication that they blew up the pirates with the ship. Russians were pretty keen to collect all evidence they could, including "boarding devices".

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I am under the impression those pirates were on that boat when it was blown up? If they were instead cast adrift in a boat with supplies and a means to get to shore then I take back nearly everything I said and there is hope in humanity yet to do the right thing by humanity.

As for that man lying on the deck bleeding out I assume he tried to fight back and thus I cannot blame a marine for shooting him if the marine or his comrades are being shot at so I have no comment to make on that except – ouch that sure does look painful.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeJaguar67
Instead of butchering these people and pointing weapons at them or laughing at their demise on YouTube we as a supposedly progressive and enlightened society need to engage them and talk to them about bringing them back into the global community

a) do they want to be "brought back into the global community"? Are you sure about that?

b) asking anybody to build a civic society in a place like Somalia is a tall order. It might just take 100 years of occupation or something like that, because it's obvious that these folks can't figure it out on their own -- look at this country now.

Engagement in the process of rebuilding a shattered society without overreaching and without looking to make a buck off the backs of the disenfranchised is the way to go and it will be hard and long so do it via tried and tested charities.

It really sounds like trying to treat cancer with band aid. You have heavily armed factions on the ground. Sure you can feed people in two or three spots if you are lucky and provided them with fresh water and antibiotics. Doesn't solve the big picture.

Respect beyond borders and taking religion and culture out of the equation is to go a long way forward in fixing that which is broken

...if you try to take religion and culture out of the equation, you may find that you've been taken out of the equation yourself. It almost sounds like naive enthusiasm of early days of Iraq occupation and how people would jump onto an opportunity to live in "democracy" and all that. Yeah right. You can't even keep piece in this place without talking to, and bribing various sheikhs, and what's that if not putting culture and religion right in the middle of the equation.

So respectfully in that context I ask who is the real bully here, the pirate forced to desperate acts or the Marine on the warship killing and laughing because he so loves to follow orders?

So now it's all the Marine's fault. Of course! He forgot to bring a cooler full of chocolate ice cream to pirates, to help them chill.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Somalian pirates or any pirates get caught in the act then they have no rights. They gave them up the moment they became pirates. They whole world needs to respond to the pirates just like the Russians do.
I do not care for a lot of things the Russians do but on this pirate thing I am with them 100%.

Hang some pirates from the ship's mast and post the video on the net and I bet the pirate problem would go away.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join