It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The best proof that aliens exist...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Maybe the reason we think so small, is because in reality we are small.

The Known Universe takes viewers from the Himalayas through our atmosphere and the inky black of space to the afterglow of the Big Bang. Every star, planet, and quasar seen in the film is possible because of the world's most complete four-dimensional map of the universe, the Digital Universe Atlas that is maintained and updated by astrophysicists at the American Museum of Natural History. The new film, created by the Museum, is part of an exhibition, Visions of the Cosmos: From the Milky Ocean to an Evolving Universe, at the Rubin Museum of Art in Manhattan through May 2010.

Data: Digital Universe, American Museum of Natural History
www.haydenplanetarium.org...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by bputman

you wont find many people saying intelligent beings dont exist somehwere in the vast universe. Its the part about them visiting earth in spaceships people are skeptical about.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Yes , the sheer size and quantity of possible habitable areas in the universe is a small hint that we are not alone. Too bad we are , in a sense, because the most likely circumstance is that they are too far and dumb or vice versa.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by IamBoon]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I do believe that 99% of ufos, that people witness, do not come from outer space. However, that still leaves 1% that do come from outside our home planet. We are a very young race and yet look at all the technology we have created.

Imagine, what type of technologies another race may have if they are just 1% older than we are. Then look at another race who are 10% older, then 100% older, and so on.

The technologies that we have, in my opinion, are kid's toys compared to what other beings have.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I would have to say the mere fact that we exist on Earth as aliens to others should be proof in and of itself but we have religion that trumps any rational explanation that can be provided by science at least for now.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by QuestionTheGovernment

Why wouldn't any other intelligent civilization have religion in their culture? Religion has to do with a supreme being that created the universe and all life within. The nature of being alive and having free will. to me, suggests that a supreme being would be a common denominator in all civilizations. Those civilizations may outgrow their belief in time.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by bputman

In due respect....nope. I believe you're incorrect. I believe the reason why we think small is because we've been conditioned/programmed and detached from our truth.
That's all it is. And although that's pretty major, Earth and Humans are extremely special in the scheme of things.

We're very likely to be the only 3D potpouri Beings here in this Universe so, please don't make us sound insignificant.

We're part of One. And when you're One with the Universe, the Universe has no size. You are part of the "All".
So it's true, size really doesn't matter after all!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
reply to post by bputman

you wont find many people saying intelligent beings dont exist somehwere in the vast universe. Its the part about them visiting earth in spaceships people are skeptical about.

You know, I was just thinking about this the other day.

The PTB have successfully desensitized their minion to the acceptance of UFOs. We talk about them like we do the weather now. Even MSM gets to have a brief blip about them every now and then too.

There's no doubt about it ......we have successfully accepted UFOs in our skies. Now what's interesting is, we almost automatically turned every UFO into a clandestine military vehicle. I believe this is part of the desensitizing program.

We're getting spoon fed this entire phenomenon so its palatable because if we start talking about the occupants of these UFOs as reptilians, serpents or Annunaki giants etc it just doesn't get taken seriously still.

Cushioning this reality with 'cute lil ETs' helps but again, I believe it's part of the spoon-feeding process of acceptance.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by One Moment]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101you wont find many people saying intelligent beings dont exist somehwere in the vast universe. Its the part about them visiting earth in spaceships people are skeptical about.

Amen brother. How can a regular human mind question the authorities claims, or withstand the thought of time travel / faster-than-light travel / worm-holes, and beings far more developed than us, especially while the whole subject is ridiculed, and the evidence hidden under sight. It's a hard nut to crack.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Jonas86]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by One Moment

How many people you know actually think outside the box? It's not very hard to to come to a conclusion that we are not alone in the universe when given factual information. I'm not saying verbatim that we think small because we are small. I was using that more as a metaphor compared to the illustration. I'm am not saying that we are insignificant beings; just rather young compared to what other beings would be in a universe as ours.

Yes, I do believe that many people are blinded due to false information. However, there is enough information, like the illustration shown above, that allows us to imagine a universe bigger than we ever thought possible. This type of information allows us to imagine a universe full of possibilities.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bputman

Yep a lot of people here at ATS have the opinion that we are not alone.

But, these same people can't get their head around the fact that there's been a GRAND COVER UP.

Quote by Stephen Bassett

It's not about lights in the sky, it's about the lies on the ground.

See my signature below.....nuff said!!

top topics

join