It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interpreting the Bible the proper way.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The teachings of Jesus Christ were about resurrecting the soul or who you used to be before you entered the body, but most people think that Jesus Christ's purpose was about setting up an Earthly church that's purpose is to get as many members as possible and get them to serve it and give the leaders lots of power and money, if you read the passages of the Bible with this understanding you will understand Jesus much better,

www.orderofmelchizedek.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Jesus was pretty cool. Him preaching Hell to those who didn't follow him sucked ... but overall I would hang with him!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

8:21 Another disciple said to him, “Lord, first let me go and bury my father.” 22But Jesus told him, “Follow me, and let the dead bury their own dead." This is the first mention of zombies in history. Jesus is saying that the living can be dead or the living dead. Religions, mystical societies and their leaders don't define anything physical as being alive. They define the spirit as life. Anyone who is not in touch with the spirit, the soul or the true self is dead and from the point of Jesus Christ and other spiritual teachers that is worse than physical death. Jesus considered these people, who were much more religious than people are today, as being dead, but people today are much more materialistic and fleshy and the situation is much worse today.
- same link as OP

Ya know, there is so many bizarre similarities between what Jesus says and what modern mystics say, its sort of funny. And its not that I think this is something overlooked, I just think that there is such a strong communication barrier between what is supposedly historically told in the bible and what is metaphorically told in the bible.

new topics

join