It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As United States Collapses, Media Worships LeBron James

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
....DRUDGE REPORT links to Alex Jones video.

On Friday, July 9 and into Saturday, July 10 the DRUDGE REPORT linked to an Alex Jones video on his Youtube channel.

I thought this was quit interesting.
It shows that many out there in media pay attention to AJ.
Is he why the msm now openly report on the Bilderberg meetings?

The video gained 20,000 views in an hour's time. going from just over 80k to just over 100k views from the time I clicked the link from DR.

Anyway, here is the video.
Sad but true.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by GuyverUnit I]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Lebron has no chinks in his armor. This is why they attack him. Kobe is the media darling because the MSM always the rape to leash him like a dog.

Lebron did his time in Ohio and like every champion he wants his chance to win a ring.

The MSM needs to turn on themselves and die.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
it's called the dumbing down of americans-the more the distrations give them sports news and etc.so the less they pay attention to important issues the beter- the govt isn't that stupid

[edit on 9-7-2010 by bigfoot1212]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
whether you like him or not,
or whether he is sensationalistic by nature,
AJ does bring up valid concerns for
the movement.

thank you for posting this

maybe this video will wake up another
2-3.

Or maybe not

[edit on 9-7-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

BS, why the hell did we get at each other's throats?

LJ is part of the propaganda wing. Period.
I use to watch every sport there was. I use to scream for the Packers!

GO PACK!

Now, it is almost like cheering for the 5th grade class team.

WHEN, do we make the choice?

CHOICE!?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
reply to post by boondock-saint

BS, why the hell did we get at each other's throats?

LJ is part of the propaganda wing. Period.
I use to watch every sport there was. I use to scream for the Packers!

GO PACK!

Now, it is almost like cheering for the 5th grade class team.

WHEN, do we make the choice?

CHOICE!?

lol

pardon my ignorance
but I have no clue what you
are talking about.

Can you explain it a lil more ?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
that thing the governor did was just ...weird and gross. AJ has a point, but we have been distracted by celebrities for a long time. But he should try to offer a solution and try not to call his listeners idiots so much.. aside from that, maybe like boondock-saint suggested, it may wake a few up.

Another thing, its not just Le Bron or Lindsey , look at all the distraction with the world cup, but that is on a global scale. They have all been top stories on the msm for days.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Well, at least you rooted for a team that should set an example for the world of sports. The Packers are the only team in sport history to be literally owned by the public, not by one man able to control every aspect.(If only the banks would follow in their footsteps.)

I personally don't believe sports are such a horrible thing. The horrible part is how people will buy a newspaper, skip past EVERYTHING and go right to the sports section. I just wish people would put other things of more importance first. Sports are good. they promote exersize, and working together with others.

Maybe my opinion could be biased, as I am currently in LA working for the Baseball All-star game for a TV network. So having no sports would leave me with no work. I've got bills to pay also.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
What saddens me as that people who are loosing their homes, or unemployed are the ones that are cheering for this, and making sure that people in sports get their next million dollars. I could understand if these sports figures help with their money, but they don't.

We cheer, We weep, and if instant gratification is whats needed in our society, and the cheering of a millionaire to make another million dollars is what gets American's off, then more power to you (not really). How come no one made a new We Are The World for the World?

Because no one cares. SO maybe when were off playing basketball in a couple of years with a potato, that we didn't kill each other for, we can look back at the elites, and say, well at least Lebron James went to Miami. Good for him.

Peace to you...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Not that i am a big TV sports fan and/or follow L J but.....

Sports are big business and many played and enjoyed sports.

And need that outlet and it's benefits instead of so many American's reliance upon anti depressants.

We cannot continuously dwell on all of the Nation's problems for it wouldn't make a dam bit of difference anyway.

All of this crap was planned years ago.

But I guess AJ has to create something to bitch about to pay his advertisers which is something that both he and Lebron have in common.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
It's in fact a lot more than the media that worships these athlete celebrities.

I happened to be riding my bicycle past the American Airlines Arena here in Miami this evening, as they were getting ready for a Miami Heat game, the blocks surrounding the place where festooned with LeBron signs and people carrying signs, several TV News trucks were there, people were wearing his Cleveland Jersey left and right.

Rome never died folks. People love their coloseum games, and worship the gladiators that play them well. The drama and spectacle and shared identity it gives them, does in fact keep their focus of off life's challenges big and small.

The more things change the more they stay the same!

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Not often that I agree with you, but you were spot on with this analogy.

I never understood this hype they put on James, I said "who gives a
?"

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

The fact is that "many" are not playing sports, "few" are, unless you include kids that are talented, but are never going to make it. It bothers me to think of all the talent that is out there, but not always willing to "play ball".

If we took the same gusto with sports that we would our freedom, we would live in a very different world. By proposing that sports is a comparison to the relief of depression as opposed getting it together, and filling that void with sports, IMO is the exact same thing.

More people know the stats of sports then the Constitution, or even daily news. To me having an addiction to drugs is sort of the same thing, the difference may be whether you have a job and pay for them, or you rob people for it.

Peace to you...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Bread and circuses or as we say in my home state give them a six-pack and a stadium and they'll be happy.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

Not often that I agree with you, but you were spot on with this analogy.

I never understood this hype they put on James, I said "who gives a
?"

That's just crazy talk, we all know everyone agrees with me all the time, it's just that some people get embarassed by it and have to pretend to disagree from time to time.

It's ok your secret is safe with me!

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Its amusing for me - I don't watch TV at all, so I never heard of LeBron, and still have no idea what sport he plays or whatever.

Alex is spot on - but for me, not watching TV - I am only watching Iran, the oil spill etc - the things I know about have nothing to do with the programming - Im missing out!

I just watched Alex entire clip - haha - poor bastage. I can see the inner frustration, he wants to shout out "You fkn retard losers! get off your asses and do something." He just can't - lol - I know the frustration.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Amagnon]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Oh well then your missing out. I don't watch much t.v either, but I like to know what is going on in the minds of others. So sometimes I get a glimpse of others reality so I know the right approach. They hate it, they think that if I stay in tune with the truth, their news is new news. Nope, I know what you know too. And your crazy to think that your news is "new news".

Peace to you...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

The fact is that "many" are not playing sports, "few" are, unless you include kids that are talented, but are never going to make it. It bothers me to think of all the talent that is out there, but not always willing to "play ball".

If we took the same gusto with sports that we would our freedom, we would live in a very different world.

By proposing that sports is a comparison to the relief of depression as opposed getting it together, and filling that void with sports, IMO is the exact same thing.

More people know the stats of sports then the Constitution, or even daily news. To me having an addiction to drugs is sort of the same thing, the difference may be whether you have a job and pay for them, or you rob people for it.

Of course we have had spectator sports for ever.

I no longer play contact sports for obvious reasons but I do have positive memories and from having participated in sports. I do mountain bike for exercise now and I feel really great afterwards as a result of the flow of endorphins. And I have absolutely zero bouts with "clinical depression" as many Americans are plagued with as a result of this routine exercise.

Additionally , look at the top of the page and the memorial to William One Sack as well as Doc Velocity's recent stroke.
There are health benefits to sports and exercise that sitting in front of a computer ranting about the world's problems will never solve.

I agree that our society is obfuscated into the illusion of being free by the media.
But my point being this didnt just begin recently and has been ongoing for centuries.
Long before Alex Jones and you and I.

Is ranting about a well established foundation of our society called spectator sports necessarily going to:

1.) Pass the Bill recently proposed by Ron Paul to Audit The Federal Reserve ?

2.) Expose the real truth as far as the ratification of the 16th Amendment granting full monetary and economic powers to a privately owned corporation called The Federal Reserve Bank ?

3.)Or expose the illegality of Federal Income Taxes as per the Constitution which dictated that all taxes were to be apportioned ?

4.) Eliminate secret societies which guarantee unbridled success for the privileged ?

The short answer is: NO !

So until we can extract the vast majority of Americans from the realm of Ignorance by improving our lacking educational system and teach REAL HISTORY and truth.

Do not expect sociological engineering tools such as television and the media to change because they are the essence of the system of the brainwashing of our society in order that the ruling class can perpetuate their control over the masses.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Let us not forget about Lindsay Lohan, or what happened with "Lady" Ga Ga this week. OMG!!!! did you hear that the couple from the "Bachelor" broke up....

I live here on the Gulf Coast...all anyone is talking about is the Jimmy Buffet and Friends concert tomorrow...it amazes me that the majority of our country is living in complete DENIAL...it is almost like they are doing it on purpose...rather than facing REALITY...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I was thinking about this topic just this morning, when the idiots on the radio kept lauding his decision and others still were condemning it.

Who the hell cares about LJ?
Gimme a break.
Obsession!!

Media distraction at it's most blatant, and most ridiculous.

[edit on 7/10/2010 by reticledc]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join