It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gods of ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Why are a few members opinions on ATS accepted as fact?

Personally I am tired of the majority that simply star and flag a post from someone simply because they are good at Googling and copy/pasting from another source.

I joined ATS to listen to the thoughts of intelligent, like minded people giving their own opinions.

Mostly I see threads ended by a minority that are accepted as Gospel..

Lets get to actually discussing issues rather than listening to the minority that have no theories of their own and simply paste from other sites...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
did you notice how they embrace Forum Moderators..yea i know it Sakks big time..but we live in a "Free" world where if you wanna be an A@@ licker you can might just be one

but if you are referring to Phage in particular...

i used to call him Phage Browser since he actually do copy and paste loads of his posts but the truth is that he always managed to shatter dream threads and i always had to swollow back and admitting defeat...BUT

I always learned something so I am a WINNER too YIPPIE!!!!!

[edit on 9-7-2010 by heineken]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I know in my case I copy and paste without much comment at times because my opinion is NOT accepted as fact, and the evidence is more eloquent than I am.

Having been wildly wrong a couple of times while relying on my own opinion
it is probably just as well that I let someone more knowledgeable speak for me...
especially if they can spell

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
did you notice how they embrace Forum Moderators..yea i know it Sakks big time..but we live in a "Free" world where if you wanna be an A@@ licker you can might just be one

[edit on 9-7-2010 by heineken]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Just like most groups of regular posters We have members that have proven them selves to be honest and trustworthy.

They have been through the fire and been proven to be knowledgeable on the subjects they discuss.

I look to some members to clear the air of untruths as they have proven themselves to know the difference and are able to locate the truth if they don't have the information already.

I bow deeply to the members that are level headed and slow to scare and be sucked in by hoxes.

And yes, we appreciate our moderators. They make this site tolerable.

Sometimes when you are new to a group it is best to watch, listen and learn before you make rash statements.

To our esteemed owners:

[edit on 11-7-2010 by dizziedame]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

What forum are you looking at?

If people do not copy from a source to create a topic on ATS, there would be no ATS, and most especially the news areas.

There are places where you can create threads based on opinion, and those would be My Story, or Skunk Works, or in Below Top Secret.

I don't have a problem at all with people backing up opinions with facts or other sources. Sometimes when people are able to add facts, or other sources to a discussion, the topic is enhanced.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
OP, time to poop or get off the toilet

Name names already, please tell us who the "ATS Gods" are...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

but if you are referring to Phage in particular...

I do not think he is refering to phage in particular. But i thik he is refering to the way people react towards what he posts. I have seen threads where many members will say the same thing and when phage comes in and also says the same thing it is seen as the deciding factor. So for some reason he get all the recognition but he also gets all the crap from the believers for it. Personally i think phage is an excellent researcher but the members on the other hand...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Personally, I think the majority of the Applauds I've given out go to people who disagree with me, and are able to back it up.
Such intelligent debate is a good thing, and one of the reasons I've been here so long. Phage is but one example given above, but there are many others. However, nobody is infallible, and for every piece of supporting evidence on one side, you can usually find a credible support source from another side.

Same as with academia really...it's all about backing up your assertions (and how you come off in doing so). Personally, I'm on a quest for the truth, even if the answers aren't what I initially expected (or aren't particularly pleasant)...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Personally, I think the majority of the Applauds I've given out go to people who disagree with me, and are able to back it up.

I always disagree with you.

sits and waits for an applause

new topics

top topics

join