It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Doomsday Ark' to be Housed on the Moon -A Remote Access Toolkit to Rebuild the Human Race

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

'Doomsday Ark' to be Housed on the Moon -A Remote Access Toolkit to Rebuild the Human Race

www.dai lygalaxy.com

If the human species should be destroyed on Earth, our future may reside on the Moon if plans being drawn up for a “Doomsday ark” on the moon by the European Space Agency are carried through. The Ark will contain the essentials of life and human civilization, to be activated in the event of earth being devastated by a giant asteroid or nuclear war.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
timesofindia.indiatimes.com
www.msnbc.msn.com

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
So the European Space Agency is drawing up plans to create what they are calling a "Doomsday ark", sort of like the modern day version of Noah's Ark. For use in the event of an asteroid strike, global natural disaster, nuclear war, etc... Naturally 2012 conspiracies and such will be running amuck. I found the article interesting anyways so I decided to share it on ATS. I don't personally believe in the 2012 predictions, but I think that a safety net like this is definitely a good idea. Even more so because of recent predictions of human extinction from scientists such as Frank Fenner and Steven Hawking.

www.dai lygalaxy.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
When everything is removed, there's one thing you should do. Ensure your line.

This is a great Idea. it makes us a Type 2 civilization. Well... Type 1.8 maybe?

Pretty much, it's a great idea.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
guess that'll have to wait for the next prez,.. I believe the current bumbler has scrapped any ideas to go to the moon

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
This might be conditioning of the masses, get them thinking about building one and put it into their minds. We already have the so called seed vault, but this idea is way out there in left field, we don't even have a "public" space vehicle anymore. Why would you float this idea?

Disclosure of past vaults could explain away "artifacts" on the moon, without exposing further solar system technology.......

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
guess that'll have to wait for the next prez,.. I believe the current bumbler has scrapped any ideas to go to the moon

It's not NASA doing it, it's the ESA a more open but less lucrative version of NASA

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
well great then,.. long live the human race..LOL
I hope they leave out the idiot DNA

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
And exactly how are we/they supposed to get to the moon? Time travel back to the 60's/70's?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awolscout

It's not NASA doing it, it's the ESA a more open but less lucrative version of NASA

you may find Barry obama has cut NASA's funding to a peanut. Not very lucrative now.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
well this will add fuel to the discussion.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by togetherwestand]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by greggae

Is it just me, or is this like some weird deja vu?

You have to doubt the prognosis is for mankind with the world seed bank in Svalbard....in case we destroy ourselves, the original seeds become unrecognizable or the world is destroyed.
Yeah....There's a hint.

Wonder how many times we have been through this?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Master Shen long

Originally posted by Awolscout

you may find Barry obama has cut NASA's funding to a peanut. Not very lucrative now.

You do make an excellent point there

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

This is pretty funny. I think you'll be able to go with Richard Branson (Virgin Atlantic) or whatever his name is soon.
You want a Nationalized space program?
Isn't that a little Communist?

You are underestimating free market capitalism aren't you?

All hail the dollar. Amen.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Awolscout

but saying that i suppose that is just the "public funding", god only knows what black budget they have from the military and other private intrests

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Just imagine what we could do if there was an honest effort to invest the peoples money in the space programs rather than line the pockets of political idiots

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Good. I've been advocating online and in person for about 17 years for this.

Ovum, sperm, frozen embryos, seeds, spores... Not just blueprints in a database. Actual stored samples of the biosphere. It needn't be a complete record. But it must be a robust one.

Domestic plants and animals. Major players in the wild biology. Trees. Grasses. Herbs. People.

Fungus, bacteria, lichen and the other bases of the the planet. Even viruses. There are viruses that prime animal's immune systems.

A "bad" set in an area that has been wiped clean could very well destroy any chance for people to survive in numbers. I truly hope that these very important key pieces are not forgotten in the Arks.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

The databank would need to be buried under rock to protect it from the extreme temperatures, radiation and vacuum on the moon.

They will have to bury it deep enough to withstand a meteor strike.

NASA scientists have observed an explosion on the moon. The blast, equal in energy to about 70 kg of TNT, occurred near the edge of Mare Imbrium (the Sea of Rains) on Nov. 7, 2005, when a 12-centimeter-wide meteoroid slammed into the ground traveling 27 km/s.

link

As it stands , all our eggs are in a basket we call Earth . This is a step in the right direction .
Its only natural that we should feel unnerved by the possibility, that life as we know it would be reduced to the contents of a CD .

edit to:fix links
[edit on 7-7-2010 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Oh, and I wouldn't necessarily consider it just a "doomsday" issue.

A full robust live-record of the human mutations around now is very important.

We are on the crux of major species changes through personal gene editing. Maybe not tomorrow, but in the next several generations these changes will start to percolate from those who can afford it to everyone else.

We still have populations that are indicative of our past and our diversity. We know that something about what we are now is VERY successful at reproduction. That something about what we are has been very successful at ingenuity and creativity on a mass scale.

In the event that a major change in the alive human DNA turns out to be a very bad idea, or narrows the pool too much a complete record of what we are will become invaluable.

Doomsday isn't the only reason. It is a compelling one. There have been several mass extinction events on this planet, and we are not immune. And currently, we only have this one planet that we exist on.

I'd like to know that in the event of another K-T extinction type event, we're covered.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
When it comes to ensuring our survival, I'd rather invest in mining space with nukes than putting arks on the moon.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Interesting, ....

I wonder, what if earth was originaly an ark left by an ancient race on Mars ??

I better copyright that idea before scientology steals it !!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join