It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diver 'VANISHES' in Portal to Maya Underworld (awesome video & the FIND!)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I am new to the website. I found this place from listing to Coast2Coast about 2 months ago, and have been checking the site daily since then. I am new to this idea about giant humans. This Thread is a great one and I hope someone can direct me to somewhere, where there is more information on the subject of giants. ARE THEY REAL!??!?!?

Thank you

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Great find...
thanks for sharing
S&F

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
S&F for a really cool find, but unless I missed something - why are we not answering the question about the unrelated pictures in the OP?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Just wanted to say after reviewing the material and doing some side research of my own that the diver doesnt actually disapear into the "bubbling" gravel. she just digs around in it. so your post is a little missleading. I assumed that the diver actually dives into the gravel pit and comes out in a cave on the other side. but she is just digging into it to find artifacts and Maya offerings. she doesn't travel through it and emerge in some caves on the other side. you should clear that up. alot of replies are assuming what I did. that this boiling gravel is the gateway to some crazy caves further down... its not the case.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Here I go again blabbering some nonsense.....
en.wikipedia.org...
Thats the link in which record for deepest diving without oxygen tanks.....

Now if they were giants just a theory would'nt they be having bigger heart ie they could have dived that far without support.........

they would have had heavier brains than us dose'nt that explain how they were good in maths and astronomy......

well I might be dumber but is int a possibility ..................................

just curious as you guys

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TumbleCoach

TC, there is a recent thread about "giants" on ATS right here.

As you will see, they are a myth.

I assume you were intrigued by the mention of the large femur, in the OP's video clip?

Since it was addressed by another ATS member, it bears repeating: The find was fossilized, indicating it's very old, and pre-dates the Maya. So it likely represents a pre-historic animal that was native to the region.

The word "femur" describes certain leg bones of many animals, not just humans.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkturbo
I don't thin anyone has paid attention to one detail a femure bone with a ball on it the size of a bowling ball any ideas how tall a person would be to have a ball joint that large. Certain things are slowly being found hopefully soon they will be put together. I wonder if we will hear about the age of these fossil? for some reason i think not.

She also stated they found "tusks". humans are not the only creatures with femure bones. they most likely belonged to an animal of some sorts. dont jump to conclusions.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashcool007

they would have had heavier brains than us dose'nt that explain how they were good in maths and astronomy......
Neanderthals had a larger brain than modern humans, but were not any smarter.
In fact it can be argued that they were less intelligent.

Source:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
How remarkable!
Being underwater is a completely different world. I think I would be very skidish at anything deeper than 10 ft.
Prone to panic. A femur bone the size of a bowling ball? SnF Great find.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Many fossils of extinct animals are found in those cenotes.
They were simply sinkholes filled with water that the animals drank from. Back then, the water level of the oceans were much lower. It is theorized that the animals fell in the holes while drinking and could not climb back out and so drowned.

ETA: Some of the cenotes are still connected to freshwater sources today, and freshwater wells up from some of the ones that are under the ocean to this day.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

You missed something-as others had. I place an Additonal info & pics link at the end (right below the last pic). Going to that link, you will find the 2nd photo-the one in question I believe.

Clicking on that stroy link (National Geographic): Portal to Maya Underworld Found in Mexico?news.nationalgeographic.com... In there you will see and read additonal info, such as:

A labyrinth filled with stone temples and pyramids in 14 caves—some underwater—have been uncovered on Mexico's Yucatán Peninsula, archaeologists announced last week.

In one of the recently found caves, researchers discovered a nearly 300-foot (90-meter) concrete road that ends at a column standing in front of a body of water.

"We have this pattern now of finding temples close to the water—or under the water, in this most recent case," said Guillermo de Anda, lead investigator at the research sites. "These were probably made as part of a very elaborate ritual," de Anda said. "Everything is related to death, life, and human sacrifice."

Stretching south from southern Mexico, through Guatemala, and into northern Belize, the Maya culture had its heyday from about A.D. 250 to 900, when the civilization mysteriously collapsed.

Underworld Entrances

The discovery of the temples underwater indicates the significant effort the Maya put into creating these portals. In addition to plunging deep into the forest to reach the cave openings, Maya builders would have had to hold their breath and dive underwater to build some of the shrines and pyramids.

Other Maya underworld entrances have been discovered in jungles and aboveground caves in northern Guatemala Belize. "They believed in a reality with many layers," Saturno said of the Maya. "The portal between life and where the dead go was important to them."

I hope this helps. The photos were an additon to the video (the key part of the OP). Sorry I didn't put more about the addtional info.

Glad you liked.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
[off-topic comments removed]

[edit on 8-7-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DONNYxMC

I'll get back to this but in the mean time, can you put where you found that the divers don't actually go through the hole-please.

I found the transcrips of the video: news.nationalgeographic.com...

I will say you are somewhat correct that THIS diver doesn't go through the hole (or rather there is no evidence to support it from what is presented by NatGeo). However, I read the TS's and it indicates other dives/divers found other additonal near-by tunnels and they are all connected by tunnels. etc.

This particulay hole had a 1 1/2 meter "shaft" under it. I don't know if that would be enough to dive through but I think it is possible. Any diving pro's care to opine?

Clearly there is more to be learned about this find/place. We'll see soon I guess.

[edit on 7/7/2010 by anon72]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Bravo for the post.
Im willing to read more about it later on.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Very very cool find! This is the whole reason I started diving a few years ago. To be able to find things like this....I will be watching with anticipation. Thanks for posting this!

JB

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
WOW! this is so amazing!! thank you for posting

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
This is beautiful, I am in awe at all the new discoveries that are going on around the world. There are so many places to explore and the ocean bottom would seem like a great place to find ancient artifacts, not too many people are down there and leaves lot's of possibilities to what else could be there.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wayne60

I wonder what gave them the idea to dive into the crater in the first place?

i believe they said on the video that they were looking for offerings the Mayan would have left at such a site, as the Mayan believed these places were the entrance to the underworld, and offerings were found in similar sites.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TumbleCoach

You can try www.stevequayle.com...

Lots of stories about Giants there

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Good friend just dived al the secret spots there recently with the world famous cave diver and photographer, he has heaps of high def shots from km deep in the caves. He is sceptical (of esoteric knowledge) but very intelligent. He did laugh at my questions about inner worlds etc, however his photos are amazing. I didn't read the thread yet, but I am assuming the beauty of cave diving shots is leading to overactive imaginations. I can post something tomorrow on this that will do it (and this thread ) justice. It is an amazing and dangerous sport.
I will watch the video, but I'm sure it is not a lost civilazition. JUst caves with introduded light source.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join