It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suggestion for message board area

page: 1

join
share:
d1k

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Can you please move the "recent posts" section on top of the "whats new @ ats" on the forums main mage, like it was before. We now have to refresh and scroll down to see compared to just refreshing before the change. This is very annoying. Please consider the request.

Thanks.

[edit on 15-6-2004 by d1k]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 05:44 AM
link   
have you tried using this page as your first port of call to the site

www.abovetopsecret.com...

it's a whole page dedicated to the most recent posts, so no need to scroll down the page.

d1k

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Yes I am aware of that page.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 05:54 AM
link   
well, i think the point is...it's a lot easier for you to default to that page than it is to request re-coding because you don't want to change what you're doing...right?

d1k

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 05:58 AM
link   
And my point is it was better the way it was before. Usually webmasters want to make the site the best it can be, which includes making everything as easy as possible for the users. The recent change has brought forth an annoyance and I am bringing attention to it.

Sure I could have just turned a blind eye and went to the other page but then I would not feel I put an honest effort into helping make the site the best it can be.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Could I point out, that at this point you are one voice? Maybe you should wait and see if there are a substantial amount of people who feel the same way as you before you start hinting that the admin of this board turns a blind-eye to his users.

For now, I believe that pantha has provided you an alternative until the jury comes back with the verdict.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by d1k Usually webmasters want to make the site the best it can be
Yes. On several fronts. The primary reason the "What's New @ ATS" sidebar now appears at the top is that it reflects our recent efforts to make the main content site and the discussion board more tightly integrated. Eventually, the user experience from main-home-page to content-pages to discussion-board-home-page and beyond will be a more unified and seamless encoutner. We're moving to having each content page on the main site originate as a thread here in the board. This allows members to follow-up main site content with discussion and research in much the same way they do on ATSNN. We're also integrating instant boolean searches (like here: www.abovetopsecret.com... ) into the content pages, again, reflecting additional content on our discussion board. The small palette of recent posts on the discussion board home page is much more for new members not yet familiar with all our features. To stay on top of what's going on, use either the recent posts page, or subscribe to specific forums in your MyATS page.

d1k

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Could I point out, that at this point you are one voice? Maybe you should wait and see if there are a substantial amount of people who feel the same way as you before you start hinting that the admin of this board turns a blind-eye to his users.

For now, I believe that pantha has provided you an alternative until the jury comes back with the verdict.

I didn't hint that the admin turns a blind eye, I took your reply as stating you want me to turn a blind eye to the problem. Sad to see that you're trying to put me in a situation "against" the admins.

And the "annoyance" is a pretty basic and obvious one. Anyone with some common sense can see that constantly having to scroll down everytime you refresh a page to view the most commonly looked at section of the side bar is a bit annoying.

d1k

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by d1k
Usually webmasters want to make the site the best it can be

Yes. On several fronts.

The primary reason the "What's New @ ATS" sidebar now appears at the top is that it reflects our recent efforts to make the main content site and the discussion board more tightly integrated. Eventually, the user experience from main-home-page to content-pages to discussion-board-home-page and beyond will be a more unified and seamless encoutner.

We're moving to having each content page on the main site originate as a thread here in the board. This allows members to follow-up main site content with discussion and research in much the same way they do on ATSNN.

We're also integrating instant boolean searches (like here: www.abovetopsecret.com... ) into the content pages, again, reflecting additional content on our discussion board.

The small palette of recent posts on the discussion board home page is much more for new members not yet familiar with all our features. To stay on top of what's going on, use either the recent posts page, or subscribe to specific forums in your MyATS page.

Thanks for the info SO. Looking forward to seeing the final product.

I like that main page and the recent posts side bar much better then the actual recent posts page because I can quickly navigate through all the sections, see breaking news, see site stats and other valuable information as well as seeing what has recently been posted where as the other section is just the recent posts. Its like a HQ of sorts. Not to mention I find it much better that I can view the recent posts with 1 click instead of going to the other section with 2

Scrolling down everytime you refresh is annoying. Just thought I'd point that out

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   
[Edited on 2004-7-8 by Teknik]

new topics

top topics

join