It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Is Now Patrolling Beach in Panama City Video Footage Included

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Citizens are reporting milirary soldiers now patrolling on Florida’s beaches. In the video below, several soldiers in combat fatigues were photographed driving vehicles on the beach in Panama City, Florida July 4th, 2010. The military videotaped do not appear to be engaged in clean up activity. Link

www.youtube.com...

Thad Allen’s appointment as National Incident Commander by Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano gives the federal response to the oil disaster a quasi-military cover. Allen’s decree banning the media has the appearance of a militarily-imposed command. It is no mistake Allen often wears a military uniform — even though he is retired from the Coast Guard — when he talks with the media.

On May 4, up to 17,500 U.S. Army National Guard troops were mobilized by the Pentagon “to help various states with the oil spill,” according to the Associated Press. “Defense Secretary Robert Gates has granted requests to send troops of up to 6,000 by Louisiana, 3,000 by Alabama, 2,500 by Florida and 6,000 by Mississippi.”

[edit on 6-7-2010 by burntheships]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I use to be stationed in Panama City in the early 90s, there has always been shore patrol around. There is a base right in town.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Optix

Actually I found this supporting article showing that this just started.

Coast Guard Patrols Florida Waters for Oil
Brian Wagner | Key Largo, Florida 05 July 2010
www1.voanews.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Optix
I use to be stationed in Panama City in the early 90s, there has always been shore patrol around. There is a base right in town.

well ive lived in panama city all my life and ive NEVER seen this, ive seen military jets, but not this, and were you stationed at the national guard reserves or the airforce?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Optix

I was at Tyndall AFB for awhile, and while there may be occasional patrols, 3 or 4 within ten minutes is abnormal. Add the BP employees and the supposed gag order, and then you have a valid reason for questioning what's going on.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Don't get yourself in a panic - its just one jeep with two guys! As someone else said - regular beach patrol from a near by base. Its the people swimming there that bother me, now that's dumb!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Seems many here want Americans to think it's normal to have the military patrolling public beaches.... some how I doubt the posters who are saying this are Americans... at least not anymore.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
this is old news, about 3 weeks to a month ago on all major media outlets and posts on here about National Guard being deployed in Panama city.

My cousin is deployed in Panama City and helping with cleanup, and sorta overall "gopher" really. Picking up stuff for others, helping keep civilians from the toxic mess. And helping when animals are found covered and getting them to right people to clean them/euthanize.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Yikes.
Double Yikes!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Being one of the most catastrophic disasters in US history, it seems reasonable to have some military presence for monitoring, reporting, and other needs in areas that are or may become affected.

delius

[edit on 5-7-2010 by delius]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Optix

Yup that would be the Naval diving and Salvage school, they have a good amount of waterfront.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
So the woman in the video just 'thought' they were BP employees. They didn't look like BP employees, and they never said they were, just that they had been there 3 weeks and didn't speak English.

I don't see what the problem is with this? The military personnel were hardly a threatening prescence, given they had time to pose for the girl in the bikini, and pedestrian pace in their little jeep. Are they just there for surveillance? If so what is the problem here?

It seems some people are jumping to conclusions and possibly being a little paranoid at the moment. Sure, this is an ecological tragedy. But like that supposed fleecing of 1st amendments, 21 metres is not exactly a threat to free speech. You can clearly see what's going on from 21 metres of an operation, so why make such a big deal out of it? Please fill me in if there is something I'm missing here.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by delius

If some thing that looked like your avatar came to me and said, “Don’t worry, everything’s gonna be alright, the military presence is for monitoring, reporting, and other needs in areas that are or may become affected.”

Somehow I don’t think I’d trust a word that came out of that thing’s mouth.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Some are saying this is not a big deal and that the troops are "gophers" and "helpers", etc. but what I find disconcerting is that so darn many of them have been deployed. 6,000! each for Louisiana and Mississippi!
How much "gophering" is there to do there?

Don't know that they're actually BP employees but the official statement and number of troops sent is not open for "debunking".

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
What is on everyones mind...what is coming.
I just read a report that said that DHS has siezed control of BP's website. This is all adding up...no media reporting allowed, military patrols the beach, and now DHS siezes control of BP's website?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nothing to see here...move along.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Yes, excellent point you make there. The way I see it, it is only a matter of time (hurricane season is upon us) then soon it will be obvious what level of takeover is implemented.

The fact that DHS has just siezed control of BPs website speaks volumes!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I am very familiar with the area and I know military patrols of this sort are not regular events on Panama City Beach. Navy Coastal System Station does not conduct patrols out of thier area which is secluded to St Andrew Bay only. These men are here for the oil and only the oil. I believe these men are going to be the National Guard which are station at St Andrew State Park. An area to which Panama City Beach is readily accesiable. sorry for spelling and grammer, its late.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptSplatter

Thanks for that info, Capt. So...what you are saying is they are patrolling the beaches looking for oil?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Thanks for that info, Capt. So...what you are saying is they are patrolling the beaches looking for oil?

Yes sir, tar balls have been coming ashore here and there in the Panama City Beach area for the past week or so. Nothing steady just a few. I think it will be there in the next few days. I thought it would have been this past week but winds have still be favorable for keeping it offshore. Only a matter of time though....

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Just seems strange they need the military to patrol beaches, when the BP workers are there doing the cleanup. Is there some possibility that they are preparing for evacuation and are just trying to keep it on the low down?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join