It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Castro Warns of Nuclear War "Breaking Out Very Soon"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
My opinion of Castro is that he is a lunatic. Of course i have little to base this on that is factual, as it is more than anything based on media, which is about all i have to go on.

Having said that, it isn't like it was when i was a kid. "Mutually assured destruction" was what gave us sanity and peace of mind. The Russians are cold blooded, but not crazy.

Muslims? Yeah, they are crazy. And so are the people leading the worlds nations today.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Everyone is aware that the US/Israel has absolutely no justification in attacking Iran, do you suppose the US/Israel will attack Iran when people knows so much?

No. Thats just wrong i'm afraid. As a powerful country with interests in the region around Iran and allies such as Israel the US has every justification it needs to take action. So does Israel itself. As a country, such as the US, you put your own interests and the interests of your allies first before anything else. You may not like this and scream "oh the humanity! oh look as the repressive american empire" but thats the way life rolls my friend and it won't change. There will never be peace because people prioritize their interests ahead of others.

The simple fact is the western world will not allow Iran to develop its nuclear technology, and thus without doubt eventually get nuclear weapons, while the current government is in power. War will happen in the future probably to force the issue but at the moment it will not because sanctions are in progess.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Whether you like Castro or not, the fact is that he has managed to stay alive (and in power) all those years. The Cuban intelligence service is one of the best in the world! Castro knows what's going on and he's very well informed. However, what he says and what he actually knows might be two different things. I'm not saying that he's lying, but he is playing his own game. So don't take anything he says for gospel. Of course he has his own agenda (you can't blame him for that). But he surely knows what's going on, so what he says may very well be the truth. Don't underestimate him.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
world cup is almost over .. cant be true .. not that soon
i though this summer maybe at the start of august
not at the beginning of july

will see... so many predictions have come to be false
but wouldnt surprise me if he was correct
if we see another month or another year without any wars
wouldnt surprise me either
we never know what we can have tomorrow
only God know what will happen in the futur

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The World Cup final is on Sunday 11th July.

So we'll wait to see if Castro ends up with egg on his face or radioactive dust.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Say what you will about Castro, but here are the facts. He and his tiny island which lies only 90 miles off the coast of FL went toe to toe with one of the worlds largest super powers. He didn't back down. His Intelligence Service was able to keep him informed of all the attempts on his life, of which there were many, by various alphabet agencies. If he truly wasn't a threat why did the USA not invade and take control of Cuba. Surely with the full might of the US military this is something which could have been accomplished on a long weekend. I have no proof, but I would most assuredly bet that he does in fact have some very powerful deterrents, probably of the nuclear variety. Castro with his alliances, probably has access to the most important intel available on the situation. Do I believe he may be old, senile and perhaps suffering from dementia? Perhaps, but the facts still remain. There on a tiny little island off the coast of Florida sits a man whom the US focused its atention on and tried to kill/overthrow. The US has engineered many coups and have placed many puppet regimes in power. Why not Cuba? So to dismiss Castro out of hand is a serious underestimation of his cunning, intelligence and alliances.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
My opinion of Castro is that he is a lunatic. Of course i have little to base this on that is factual, as it is more than anything based on media, which is about all i have to go on.

Having said that, it isn't like it was when i was a kid. "Mutually assured destruction" was what gave us sanity and peace of mind. The Russians are cold blooded, but not crazy.

Muslims? Yeah, they are crazy. And so are the people leading the worlds nations today.

Sorry but muslims are crazy just sounds like more conditioning by your media to me, the same with Castro.
The difference between your leader and Castro is that your leader can hide his human rights violations.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
well at least we won from brazil :-)

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Exactly how did you come to that conclusion, have Muslims nuked someone I am not aware of?

Maybe there are a few lunatic 20 year old suicidal fanatics willing to kill themselves, but I for one do not believe the people in charge of those lunatics are actually crazy, deeply religious or suicidal. After all when is the last time you saw a terrorist leader commit a suicide bombing - never.

If anything what we have against a country like Iran or Pakistan is better than mutually assured destruction. Because if they use a nuke it may kill 50 - 100k at best but our response will kill them all.

Kim Jong Il claims he is going to start a war with the US practically on a weekly basis - but he never has. Of course it benefits them to look crazy - but that does not mean they really are.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by proximo]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
HMMm an interesting statement made by him. I first immediate thought, was he is as mad as the hatter. BUt..in one senario..suppose Iran does make a nuclear bomb or missle one day not far off ito the fututre. ISrael might go ballistic. Iran might directly just attack Israel or be provoked through human political statements. Since our lovely let us down all the time governement, like hillary clinton, have stated we have an obligation to help ISrael, despite thier nazi tactics agiant the Palestinians, USA is supposed to back Israel up.
that in itself cold launch a war...but not necessarily nuclear. I doubt IRan would ever have a missle capable of launching to reach mainland USA, OR capabale of having a star wars type satellite, launching nuclear warheads from orbit. i doubt it persoanlly.
however, i read an articel here 2 years ago, about some nuclear 'triggers' were missing..and no one really ever investigated it, not even our former preisdent bush. Me thnks those triggers went to IRan* CIA and our government most likely knew IRan was refining and playing with uranium...and yet nothing was done. they now have something like 20 grams of it? just something to ponder..

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I mean, supose iran attacked Israel, or vice versa. Our navy shows up ff the coast, like now, of IRan. Iran nukes its coast. what would we do in return? nothing i think. The whole purpose of a nuclear warhead, was to eliminate as much of the enemys armys, troops, bunkers, military stuff from the battlefield, aka citys* of course it would suck for the public on either side*
These days i dont know what could happen. The old military rule of thumb, in a sense, was if attacked with a nuclear device, lets say russia* we would have to respond, to even the odds out of fairness* lets say moscow accidentlay or unpurposley launched at washington DC ...pentagon would launch back without hesitation eye for an eye. i dont think that those rules apply today, especially under obama

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by proximo

Exactly how did you come to that conclusion, have Muslims nuked someone I am not aware of?

Find another demographic group that finds it perfectly logical to strap a bomb to their chest and strike back at the evil empire by killing a bunch of people who share their viewpoint? If that isn't crazy, i don't know what is.

Of course, that is subjective reasoning applied to an opinion. So take that for what you will.

Maybe there are a few lunatic 20 year old suicidal fanatics willing to kill themselves, but I for one do not believe the people in charge of those lunatics are actually crazy, deeply religious or suicidal. After all when is the last time you saw a terrorist leader commit a suicide bombing - never.

That is the worst case for their sanity that i have ever seen. But ok.

If anything what we have against a country like Iran or Pakistan is better than mutually assured destruction. Because if they use a nuke it may kill 50 - 100k at best but our response will kill them all.

Yet, i get this feeling that it really isn't a deterrent for some.

Kim Jong Il claims he is going to start a war with the US practically on a weekly basis - but he never has. Of course it benefits them to look crazy - but that does not mean they really are.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by proximo]

There is an equation that calculates desire vs means. He is severely lacking in 1 department, even if he is overabundant in another department.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Sorry but muslims are crazy just sounds like more conditioning by your media to me, the same with Castro.
The difference between your leader and Castro is that your leader can hide his human rights violations.

No argument about Castro.

But the Muslim nations behave in a manner that leads me to conclude that there is an insanity at play there. be it induced by religious fever, or poisoning/malnutrition....something is wrong with the societal beliefs.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
All I know is I have been following the Iranian "nuclear crisis" (what a hyped up load of crock) since 2005, and every SINGLE year since that time mainstream media has led me to believe that "A strike on Iran is imminent"......"Iran could very well have nukes by mid 2006".......

"Iran may have nukes by no later than the end of 2007"......

"CIA and Mossad intelligence indicates Iran will have a nuclear weapon by 2009"......

"Iran may be two years away from working nuclear bombs".......

"Iran could have at least two nuclear bombs by 2012....."

Year after year of lies and propaganda. Fidel sticks out however.. He is not MSM or TPTB, and although I understand that he may have his own agenda (I can't imagine what... because if he's wrong then what has he accomplished?) or that he may even be a senile old fart.

But look at his writing, he is not senile. Castro seems very intact and together if you ask me... And at the very least I think he sincerely believes what he is saying to be true so it can't hurt to just acknowledge what he is saying.

At the end of the day if he's wrong then he's wrong. He puts his pants on one leg at a time like the rest of us, he doesn't have a crystal ball.

If he's right.... You can quietly thank him for trying his best to wake you up and save your life

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
They keep having their illicit shipments of uranium from Africa disappeared on them.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by azrael36

Interesting concept, that Cuba has a strong deterrent, but I don't think there is anything to it.
The Soviets backed down in the Cuban missile crisis. Pentagon knows what the have/don't have. There was NO real serious effort to get him because there is no MONEY reason to get him. The "corporatists" don't really give a rats behind about Cuba, nothing to exploit, really.
It was all a strategic crisis, and it was resolved. They were going to make Castro pay, and lost interest.
I don't think Castro knows anything, I am not sure he ever did.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Castro truly is insane and now very old. Not to mention most people hate/dislike him.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
The BP oil well blowout in the Gulf of Mexico is distracting Americans from the military buildup in the OTHER gulf, the Persian Gulf. American and Israeli forces are getting into position to strike and Iran and there is a virtual media blackout of it. This is shaping up to be the beginning of the end. The Watchman's Post

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

This isn't 1939, it’s a lot harder to start a world War now, you need to jump through quite a few hoops to be able to do what will surely happen. ~ Korg Trinity

"It's a lot harder to start a World War now...?" Really? Let's see, North Korea and China both hate South Korea, Taiwan and Japan, and would just love to invade all three and take "complete control!" China snubs everything we want to do politically and militarily, but they sure did not argue about us sending all of our jobs over to them.

Chavez, the idiot leader of Venezuela, he said just a few short years ago that the American Empire needs to be brought down, and, he bought a boat-load of military hardware from Russia(why?).

Cuba has given Russia the okay to build airbases there? Will we stop that? Uh, no!!!!

Russia sent scientists to Iran to help in their nuclear facitilies project, so Russia is behind Iran!

Iran's leader said in a speech the same year Chavez made his speech, Iran's leader said he could "imagine a world without the United States and Israel in it!"

Now, we have naval ships with hundreds of Marines on board poised in the vicinity of Iran. Why do you think they are there, to give guided tours of the Persian Gulf???

Israel is unloading military hardware on the Northern Saudi Arabian borders to get ready for something. What???

I am 48 years old, and I spent 4 years in the U.S. Army(1982 - 1986), most of which was spent in Germany, fighting to keep the "Commies" on their side of the border(AKA: The Cold War).

We are on the brink of something "serious this time," and I honestly believe that all of the ingredients are in place for a World War to break out "very soon!"

I HOPE THAT I AM WRONG, but all of the pieces are in place! The "handwriting is on the wall," so get your "emergency plans" in order!

~ MidnightPoet

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuickWick
Castro truly is insane and now very old. Not to mention most people hate/dislike him.

It's your opinion that he's insane. I don't think he's insane... Define "Insane"?

Yeah he's old, and that immediately makes him senile and wrong in his reflections? I feel sorry for your grandparents.

Most people hate/dislike him.... once again, this makes him insane and old and wrong?

I think Fidel is a lot of things but he isn't clinically insane

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join