It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My meditation experiences

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
It has been a long time since I experienced a meditational experience so profound that I remember it clearly. Now, it comes as second nature, so I will simply describe what happens on a routine basis:

Whenever my mind is cluttered, I will engage in meditation. I will open up my mind and experience the soul behind my mind. A brilliant light flashes through my mind as my senses become heightened. Oftentimes I will feel energy pulsating through my mind. I life my mind as high as possible, until I am close to coming loose from my body. I direct my mind at the chains of my body and negate my body's needs, focusing only on my mind going towards my soul. After I negate my body's attachments, I will stay within the realm of my soul for as long as possible, not thinking anything, not having any discursive thinking or any imagination, simply emptying my mind of all things. I will have slight sensation of my body but very little. After my concentration waivers, I will be reborn into the body, once again reattaching to the body, and functioning on a physical level but with a clear and level head.

When I wish to meditate to the highest levels, I will think about the One, and negate everything in my mind that is not the one, starting with my impulses, working my way up to my needs of nature, to my contemplation of death, to my visions of eternal life. I will negate everything until my mind thinks of an eternal and omniscient power that generates all things--God--and knowing that I can contemplate this, and knowing that the One is not any of these things, but the contemplator itself, I negate even my vision of God, and know that that which is higher than God, which my mind can not even see or think, that is the One. And knowing this, my mind becomes full of light, and I know, through a transcendental sensation of breaking free of all inferiors, that this truly is the highest absolute, the real and authentic existence. My true Self, beyond which there is nothing, by which the body is a mere servant, and the True Self stands timeless before all things, subsisting off nothing, eternal, immutable, that which truly is, and after identifying with this Absolute Self, I know that Self as my true Self, and no longer feel sorry or feel impelled to cling to my body. True acceptance of the fate of the body, knowing the higher Soul is immortal and free of the grip of death that the body is under.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Bravo. That was very very well written, and I am glad to see that others can understand this type of profound stuff. Super great thread overall.

-Sol

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Wow flag for that very special post.

Just really special, I cant add to it, it stands perfect with no need of any addition.

Its so full of meaning I may have to print it out and keep it , so I may read it often, I hope you dont mind.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Mr Green]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Green

Wow flag for that very special post.

Just really special, I cant add to it, it stands perfect with no need of any addition.

Its so full of meaning I may have to print it out and keep it , so I may read it often, I hope you dont mind.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Mr Green]

No, I don't mind, just remember that while it may sound good and be reassuring to you, nothing is more important than your own experiences of enlightenment. I do not want you to remember my words so much as I want you to be able to write similar thoughts in your own words. That is the only way that you will truly know, when you can successful express those feelings yourself.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Of course filosophia, your right, but I see your post as a reminder of what is important in meditation more than a technique or reasurrance. That being, connection to true Spirit, your post serves as a reminder as to what I meditate for. Its often easy to get lost in the true reason we meditate, reading your post today just reminded me of the reason I started meditation...to connect to infinite Spirit.

Your post is a very well written reminder.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Mr Green]

top topics

join