It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you want to know the REAL repercussions of this whole Gulf Oil Spill, watch this guy...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Dr. Michio Kaku will be on MSNBC tomorrow [June 30]

If we're all really in deep doodoo, he'll say so and won't sugar coat it.

If we're fine, and just a bunch of fear mongering bull# artists, you'll be sure to hear about it from him.

Whatever network he's on, he typically tries to speak in a language where he gets his point across (and, if dire) without revealing in a way that will alert the censors.

At any rate, this is the ONE person I've been waiting for, to speak on the subject

Anyway, at least tune in for something to talk about, tomorrow night. Ha ha ;-)

[edit on 6/29/2010 by SquirrelNutz]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this information.

I, too, have immense respect for Dr. Kaku. Do you know the time of the show, or what show? I do not watch MSNBC and so I am unfamiliar with their lineup.

BTW: I doubt if it's an easy thing of "we're ok" or "we're in deep excrement." Rather, I believe it is something firmly in the middle of those two ends of the spectrum.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
your link isn't working for me

I don't know if I can watch because I'm pretty sure I have a comprehensive grasp on the scope of the DooDoo hole were digging ourselves into

I get it ,you get it we all get it

Just not anyone who can actually DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!

the assholes in the high levels of our Corporate Scamocracy need to be dead they are the wost kind of criminals as long as we the majority tolerate their existence this is what we'll get

anyway fix the link and I'll watch

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

? - I didn't post a link - ?

I was saying, tune in to this guy, tomorrow. :-)

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Dr kaku?what time does anybody know,there is someone I definitely respect and want to see,I hope somebody posts a link in case I miss it.thanks for the post!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Sweet I love Dr Kaku please link when its up =].. He has been a very influencial intellect in my life. Im sure what he is going to say wont be pleasing in the least.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Well, the video is up, and here is a link to it.

Second line.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
Well, the video is up, and here is a link to it.

Second line.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

well that was disheartening to watch.
he said that if this doesn't work, this spill
could go on for years and we would have
dead zones in the gulf. But he didn't mention
the dangers to humans or plant life or the eco-system.
But how can they not be affected with that much oil
and that much chemical dispersant in the air????
I think he was avoiding the doom and gloom
aspect of this situation.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

That's because he was just asked about the oil, and the interviewer kind of cut him short. But it is only logical, that if they fail, and I am almost certain they will even though I hope they won't, the leak will also continue to leak methane, non-methane VOCs and other gases like H2S. There is another thread where the research from 12 scientists from the Texas A&M University show that in some pockets of the ocean right near to the leak methane gas levels are from 100,000 the norm, to 1,000,000 times the norm.

I said it on the third or fourth day when I decided to look at this that this would happen, and unfortunately it is happening.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
the link video is from DAY 44

today July 1st is DAY 71-ish....

last night on c2c, with Hoagland, scientists now are
acknowledging there is a 20' rise in the seafloor
with an enormous ammount of methane seeking to
excape... something Doctor Kaku didn't know some
3 weeks earlier in his interview

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

posted on 24-5-2010 @ 10:32 AM single this post "quote"REPLY TO:

reply to post by JakiusFogg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry to be a party popper but the tribulation hasn't stopped. We still have the BP oil spill which is getting worse and worse, the Obama administration advice to our Armed Forces is to get ready for a very possible confrontation with North Korea, not to mention the fact that the governments of the world, including the Obama administration, are implementing more draconian laws to suppress and control us. Not to mention that the economy is NOT getting better, and before it does there will be a collapse and you want to claim all problems are behind us?

This op is nothing more than the "desire" of the op to ignore being realistic.

Sorry but what I see are more floods, even a possible heat wave but isolated to one region but which will cause lots of problems.

The BP oil spill will only get worse for at least a few more weeks if not longer, and this will destroy ecosystems, there will be more ban on fishing spread to emcompass regions of the ocean where the oil keeps expanding into. You can say tourism goodbye for a while because of the strentch from ocean animals and other biologicals which will cause a real bad stencth in the gulf, and parts of the eastern seashore of the U.S.

The ramification of this spill are going to be more than the unfortunate death of many lifeforms in the oceans but i feel that this will precipitate seismic and magmatic events unless they can stop the oil, and gas from escaping, and i don't see that happening any time soon.

Do you realize that there could be evacuations from the affected areas because of the strencth from the dying biological organisms, and not to mention the fact that methane is probably one of the gases being released contituously from the hole, or holes and this will cause respiratoty problems and possibly deaths?

Anyone living close to the affected areas should start buying canned food, bottled water, any medicine that you need including vitamins such as vitamin C, aspirins/tylenol/advil, and as much as you can afford. If you don't have a barbecue I would buy at least a grill and some coal or whatever you use for a very real emergency.

I rather be a realist, than pretend "all the worse is behind us" and be caught unprepared.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 1-7-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
btw where i wrote "strentch" is supposed to be stench. Typing with one hand and more so late at night sometimes makes me post errors and at times I only see them when I can't correct them.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Cut-N-Cap sounds like a suicide mission. Just imagine the amount of oil that can leak if it has NO resistance.... Wow, sounds too risky to even think about.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

You are right, the video link I gave is from last month.

I haven't been able to find the new one with Michio Kaku yet.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   

btw where i wrote "strentch" is supposed to be stench. Typing with one hand and more so late at night sometimes makes me post errors and at times I only see them when I can't correct them.

DITTO for myself... i use only the first two, right hand fingers

i use the word 'putrid' water instead of stench...
i reckon because the 's' is so far away than the 'p' key that is readily available

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

reply to post by boondock-saint

That's because he was just asked about the oil, and the interviewer kind of cut him short. But it is only logical, that if they fail, and I am almost certain they will even though I hope they won't, the leak will also continue to leak methane, non-methane VOCs and other gases like H2S. There is another thread where the research from 12 scientists from the Texas A&M University show that in some pockets of the ocean right near to the leak methane gas levels are from 100,000 the norm, to 1,000,000 times the norm.

I said it on the third or fourth day when I decided to look at this that this would happen, and unfortunately it is happening.

Yeah, I thought other than the last 30s, he really kept it kinda 'upbeat' in relative terms. I expected him to answer some of the more serious questions regarding toxic gas levels, methane hydrate ice blocks, the unimaginable pressures down there, the need for evacuations, the possibility of the well collapsing in on itself after enough material has evacuated the chamber, the fact that the nuclear option has YES been done by the Russians, but 1) always on land, 2) was from 'leaks', and 3) not since the 70s!!!

Sorry, folks, for more pertinent info, I would recommend other sources, perhaps even discussion on his own page:
www.facebook.com...

When Kaku talks, people listen, including, one Mr. Stephen Hawking!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

the link video is from DAY 44

An important oversight!!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
So what's the deal?There is no video of Kaku on msnbc for the 30th.I see stories but not an interview from yesterday wiith the doc.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Everyone was also urged on C2C to contact state reps & demand BP release the mud log reports to geologist who are not employed by BP. After looking up info on mud log reports, contacting my reps was the next thing I did this morning. k

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Since the interview was conducted on main stream news, he probably had a outlined criteria, and was allowed to talk about, and anything outside of that outline he wasn't allowed to say, so as not to alarm the public.
But I think the public needs to be alarmed at this stage of the game, the future looks pretty bad.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join