It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan will lose

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Ok after reading Revalations It says that Satan will be jugded by Christ after the battle of Armgedon so what is the point if he is going to lose why do these prophecies need to be fufiled???

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
One of the theories that is growing in acceptance with many Catholic theologians is that the Book Of Revalation is that it was not ment as a prophecy of the end of the world at all.

Instead it was meant as a warning to the early church not to partake in several earthly delights in a very very symbolic way.

Also, the author is one of the great enigmas of religion, he was not any of the other biblical Johns, and may have been just a crazy man living in a cave.

The current popularity over Revalation is based mostly upon the ideas of some fundamentalist Christian factions that the end of the world is comming. Personally I find this very hard to believe but, every culture has their own doomsdayers.

May Peace Travel With You
~Astral

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I agree The Astral City even the egyptians had theres ( even with the return of GOD) But, alas, every evening the great primordial Lotus closes it's petals and sinks once more into the waters of the abyss. Darkness reigns throughout the Night until the young God within the Lotus is reborn. The forces of darkness were not conquered forever at the beginning of time; instead they surrounded the earth as serpents poised to attack the Sun God. The war between darkness and light sustains the world; and when it comes to a final end, so too will the world.

and again we se the serpent ( satan symbol)

too much corelation between christian and egyptian religion.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kriskaos
Ok after reading Revalations It says that Satan will be jugded by Christ after the battle of Armgedon so what is the point if he is going to lose why do these prophecies need to be fufiled???

Fantastic question!

My understanding suggests that:

The fulfilling of Biblical prohecies in the past, present and future is one method God has chosen to reveal the truth to people who seek the truth. Also, once God had through the Biblical authors revealed a prophecy He is absolutely going to allow it time to be fulfilled.

I by no stretch of the imagination have all the answers and there are many details I will not know this side of eternity - but I certainly enjoy the pursuit of additional understanding!

Satan is already defeated (Christ defeated him by defeating death) and he is allowed to continue his war against humanity simply because removing him from the equation will immediately FORCE every individual who has ever lived to acknowledge Christ as Lord... God in His grace has promised that every individual who has ever lived will have the chance to decide using FREE WILL to acknowledge (or not) Christ as Lord. Only when everyone has had this opportunity to make a free choice will Satan be judged and punished....along with every individual who has freely rejected Christ as Lord.

It is important to remember that Satan is a created angel once known as Lucifer who succumbed to pride and thought of himself as being God's equal. There is only one God! And He is ALWAYS going to be the victor in ANY dispute!! Lucifer became the chief of all rebellious angels and they continue to fight battles even though the outcome of the war is already decided.

Helpful?

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
oh I know the whole lucifer and fallen angels army etc. I think that this whole armagedon is more like a cleansing of the evil ( the final battle of good and evil) It says after the Battle of armagedon Christ will return and bring forth a new era... It could be interpreted You better start being good or else your going to die. Or WWIII and after that a new world will be born. Have to wait and see.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Actually the term "Armageddon" is actually a poorly translated name of a location. The hill of Geddon, in Israel was once the only way that an invading army could enter Jeruselem. So it was of great strategic importance.

So Armageddon more refers to a place where the armies of Gog and Megog are supposedly to eventually fight.

Although more interestingly, at the time of the writing of Revalation, the Roman army had fought on the hills of Geddon to put down the Hebrew uprising. This was by no means the only battle ever fought there as through the ages that spot has seen some of the most intense fighting the world has ever seen.

There was also another theory put forward in the Middle Ages, this one deemed heritical by the church, that Satan (aka Morningstar, Lucifer, whatever) was in fact God's equal and God was in fact the first angel. This kind of lead to an idea that the victor (god) writes the history, regarding the bible.

Now I personally would not take that theory to be true, mostly because I am not Christian, so I don't believe in a Western God or Satan anyways, but it is an interesting take. What if both sides are lieing, it would also imply that God is not the tri-omni being that Church philosophers determined him to be (omnibenevolent, omnipotent, omni-powerful) instead he would just be "very good, knowing and powerful" which would explain a lot in Western theology and many passages of the bible.

May Peace Travel With You
~Astral

top topics

join