It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Warns World Leaders ‘Millions Could Die’ From Gulf Oil Disaster

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I am not sure of the source. I think I've seen it used on ATS before. In this story, it says that Obama has stated that millions could die from the spill.

LINK

Fueling Obama’s dire assessment of this “Gulf Apocalypse”, this report says, are the oil and toxic rains now being reported to be falling throughout the US Gulf Coast region due to the fracturing of the Gulf of Mexico seafloor allowing untold millions of gallons of oil and millions of cubic feet of methane gas to escape unchecked into our World’s seventh largest body of water, not to mention the millions of gallons of dangerous disbursements being used that is poisoning everything in its path. So dangerous has the Gulf Coast environment become to human beings the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued a warning that, in part, says: “People, including pregnant women, can be exposed to these chemicals by breathing them (air), by swallowing them (water, food), or by touching them (skin). If possible, everyone, including pregnant women, should avoid the oil and spill-affected areas.”

Not sure if this is the correct forum (I assume since it's oil related it is).

Has anyone else heard of this statement?

ETA: Add link. Sorry

[edit on 6/27/10 by zenjewel]

[edit on 6/27/10 by zenjewel]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Well, I copy+pasted the quote into Google, and the first result was beforeitsnews.com

______beforeitsnews/story/87/223/Obama_Warns_World_Leaders_Millions_Could_Die_From_Gulf_Oil_Disaster.html

Author: Scorcha Faal, who apparently has hate from this website (dunno why, some hoax probably)

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by zenjewel

I am not sure of the source. I think I've seen it used on ATS before. In this story, it says that Obama has stated that millions could die from the spill.

This source?

A sobering report circulating in the Kremlin today from President Medvedev’s meeting with other World leaders at the G8 summit in Muskoka, Ontario states that President Obama has warned his counterparts that the Gulf of Mexico oil disaster “will most likely kill millions, perhaps tens of millions” of people during the coming year.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by zenjewel

This is a hoax people keep falling for.In this same report it states North Korea caused this with a torpedo attack. you cant take it serious its a hoax.

heres part of that supposed report

On the night of April 20th the North Korean Mini Submarine manned by these “suicidal” 17th Sniper Corps soldiers attacked the Deepwater Horizon with what are believed to be 2 incendiary torpedoes causing a massive explosion and resulting in 11 workers on this giant oil rig being killed outright. Barely 48 hours later, on April 22nd , this North Korean Mini Submarine committed its final atrocity by exploding itself directly beneath the Deepwater Horizon causing this $1 Billion oil rig to sink beneath the seas and marking 2010’s celebration of Earth Day with one of the largest environmental catastrophes our World has ever seen. To the reason for North Korea attacking the Deepwater Horizon, these reports say, was to present US President Obama with an “impossible dilemma” prior to the opening of the United Nations Review Conference of the Parties to the Treat on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (NPT) set to begin May 3rd in New York.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by zenjewel
People, including pregnant women, can be exposed to these chemicals by breathing them

I saw this quote the other day somewhere and it struck me as more than a little bizzare.

I know people mix stuff up when speaking and it doesn't always come out logically...but why would anyone think the category "people" would need to be clarified as containing the sub-category "pregnant women." I mean, isn't that a bit on the...erm... ovbious side?

It made me wonder if there is something in the air or water that has a particularly harmful impact on pregnant women, over and above the rest of the people.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Sorcha Faal is seriously a 100 percent non-source.

You must disregard Sorcha Faal testimony...truly-uly-uly...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
That's probably what they want to happen.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

yeah it really does sound like I read this before... Its probably another version of this article

www.helium.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
The only twist here is that the sobering report from the Kremlin has Obama telling them...the same thing that's been in the last 10 versions of this. I posted one myself when I first came back because I got fooled by the way it was propagated and I hadn't really been following the news for a while.

But you know what? It's still interesting to see how they're commenting on things. If you take it for what it's worth. Which usually isn't much. The biggest shocker on this site would be the day Sorcha Faal turned out to be right.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I think this is a bit of end times biblical quotation going on in this story. The Kindra testimony speaks of 1/3 of the waters becoming bitter and poisoned as in revelations.

The other part of the pregnant women suffering is also an end time prediction of women in the end times that are pregnant will suffer greatly. This is the end times meme kind of stuff Sorcha Fail likes to stir up in the lunatic fringe.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Absurd. I mean, the contention that the Gulf oil leak could potentially kill tens of millions or even millions is absurd, regardless of who says it. The potential is not there.

Now, Obama has said some pretty stupid stuff at the G20 summit, alright, but he didn't remark on the lethality of the BP spill.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Sorcha fal total BS......
The number of dead could possibly rise over the long haul though.....
So far one suicide that weve heard of...
beyond that is the long term advisability of inhabiting a place that has a plethora of toxic chemicals stewed up off shore...
Nobody knows just what the long haul will bring,
And until i actually see more than one engineer speaking of a huge disasterous outcome...we;ll just have to sit tight...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Sorry but would someone explain how heavy oil is evaporated with seawater where the salt is left behind?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caveat Lector
Sorry but would someone explain how heavy oil is evaporated with seawater where the salt is left behind?

Well, I it is the Corexit evaporating and rain down that is the problem and will kill people, as I've heard it.

The corexit is a deadly toxin, and if it can be picked up and dropped down on the people, you'd be in danger.

I mean, hurricans can pick up huge fish and dropp it on land, I see no reason why it can't pick up small particles like corexit......

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
And this one:

pakalert.wordpress.com...‘millions-could-die’-from-gulf-oil-disaster/

which is where the ops article references to.

I honestly hope it is a load of dung-beetle lunch, cos it doesn't sound good at all.

MM

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Its not a hoax - please see the following video

Consider the implications of total crop failure - along with live stock and of course seafood from the entire southern half of the US - south america.

Serious.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aristophrenia

Consider the implications of total crop failure - along with live stock and of course seafood from the entire southern half of the US - south america.

Serious.

Well that's sobering.

I wonder what they really hit down there in the bottom of the gulf.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MissMegs

pakalert.wordpress.com...‘millions-could-die’-from-gulf-oil-disaster/

which is where the ops article references to.

And this is not the source...

at the bottom of the page, your hyperlink credits the source as 'www.whatdoesitmean.com'

now what source did that media portal get the info from??

from the originator of the intro:

A sobering report circulating in the Kremlin
today from President Medvedev’s meeting with other World leaders at the G8 summit in Muskoka, Ontario states that President Obama has warned his counterparts that the Gulf of Mexico oil disaster “will most likely kill millions, perhaps tens of millions” of people during the coming year.

sounds like the Sorcha Faal media 'story' is the same source being reported by all those wordpress blog jockeys...
'A Sobering Report Circulating in the Kremlin...'

thanks,
but the 'report' from Kremlin Hall & corridors, all seems to have been created by this Sorcha Faal Title of a Sister Mary Theresa the 73rd Sorcha Faal, \
& has no more validity if its cited in 2-5 or even 100 media sources, who think they're on-top-of-the-news...by echoing this blurb of Entertainment (not NEWS)

[edit on 28-6-2010 by St Udio]

Ah ha, sanity ...the thread was moved from the Deepwater Disaster to HOAX

[edit on 28-6-2010 by St Udio]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Originally posted by Aristophrenia

Serious.

Well that's sobering.

I wonder what they really hit down there in the bottom of the gulf.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by In nothing we trust]

Well yes i agree but is it from the death of the bees, acid rain , gloabl warming! silly me it's oil this time.

Do you not have shops in the USA that truck food in by the train load or are we pretending we are in africa just to make the story fit.

it's all about carbon tax and stories like yours are feeding the enermy with all these what if's instead of watching the money and how your being stuffed by the banksters.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Seriously even though the author is Sorcha Faal, you guys should read up on the sources ALWAYS present in these reports... They (offcourse) support the article with scientific or other known FACTS. I am one that disagrees with this thread being put in the HOAX forum. Evidence of this happening has been slowly drippin in.

Its WAY to early to call HOAX on this one...

<<   2 >>

join