It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pensacola beach opens against federal advice; 400 people sick

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

A picture from Pensacola.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jeffrybinladen

You know I live in Pensacola and there is really no way around this. The fumes are coming off the beach and hitting our homes along the shoreline and a little farther in, you obviously are not here to feel the effects of what is going on. So until you do come here and experience it for yourself you might want to keep your comments to yourself. No one here in pensacola is asking for your sympathy. We have to live in this condition, you do not.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
reply to post by getreadyalready

I'm sure there's nothing wrong with the air at all.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6bd598c4dda2.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 6/27/2010 by ThaLoccster]

Is that picture for real? If it is god help us all.
Regards,
Iwinder

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Krypton

I wonder, how safe could a fireworks show be with the amount of various fumes in the air.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Heres some Florida beach cams. There all black now due to it being late but will be interesting to see first thing in the morning to see if oil washes in and see BP clean up crews work.

www.floridalink.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

That picture is very real.

See this thread...

Gulf Oil Spill Mapping

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
reply to post by justadood

What remains to be seen?

An hour of wading in corexit covered oil will get you sick? I think we are past that.

Actually, your exact words were "if you step foot on the shore line for an hour you will have to be hospitalized". That, of course, remains to be seen.

I am in now way saying this oil or the corexit is benign. Merely taking exception with your your generalization, and pointing out that it remains to be seen. If you are familiar with the English language, you would know that doesnt mean "oil is good for you".

[edit on 27-6-2010 by justadood]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Krypton

I went through the oil fires in Kuwait as a child so yes it's something I experienced for a long time......As an adult I would never go through an event like this again so fleeing would be my choice.

Any oil sneaks it's way into newengland i'll be leaving once i see it in bulk by NJ...... i'll finish school over in Europe.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Iwinder

That picture is very real.

See this thread...

Gulf Oil Spill Mapping

Thank you for the link, I can't seem to keep up with this crap and that link is a new "gag and retch" for me.
I kid you not the pictures there are beyond just bad.
Regards,
Iwinder

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
You couldn't pay me enough money to go swimming in those waters right now.

Probably have better odds taking a dip in your local wastewater treatment lagoon.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krypton

You know I live in Pensacola and there is really no way around this. The fumes are coming off the beach and hitting our homes along the shoreline and a little farther in, you obviously are not here to feel the effects of what is going on. So until you do come here and experience it for yourself you might want to keep your comments to yourself. No one here in pensacola is asking for your sympathy. We have to live in this condition, you do not.

Just wondering as a Australian. Where the bloody hell is Al Gore? Isn't he supposed to be there? "Protesting" WITH the citizens about the environmental issues about the BP Oil "Leak"...

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by gordonwest

Originally posted by Krypton

Just wondering as a Australian. Where the bloody hell is Al Gore? Isn't he supposed to be there? "Protesting" WITH the citizens about the environmental issues about the BP Oil "Leak"...

i think he is making Larry David's girlfriends bedrock. (((shudder)))

The whole thing is a mess. The timing is what i find suspicious. Just as they were about to get GW shoved down everyones throats, the tide turned and GW was shown to be a hoax.

And now we have this. What is the deal?

And if it is connected, what is the purpose?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gordonwest

Al Gore invented the internet, and high-jacked the "An Incontinent Truth," movie, so he isn't really that passionate or caring about the environment as the media made him out to be.

Also, apparently his companies stand to make billions from carbon credits if environmental legislation like "cap and trade" is pushed through.

Al Gore, Climate and Money
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Is Al Gore The Greatest Con Man Of All Time?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Funny how the link to 'a federal website' on the OP's link's homepage ( www.visitpensacolabeach.com...) , is to a page regarding tracking the response to the spill - nothing about what swimmers/visitors would actually want to know, that being simply Is It Safe? More of the same old runaround.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by GonzoPoet]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Well, the EPA keeps saying all is well, so what's the problem with going to the beach if our government and BP say all it's safe?

As someone previously pointed this out earlier in the thread, I feel it bears repeating as I've been asking this one for a while:

For an area deemed safe for people, they sure have a funny way of showing it by keeping people away due to -- safety reasons. And if things are too hazardous for civilians, then what the hell's up with the cleaning crew working as if there's no concern for contamination?

This one's always smelled funny to me, no pun intended.

So, either the beaches are safe or they're not. I keep hearing on CNN how the economy's bustling, there's no oil on most of the beaches, food's still clean, come visit - they need the tourism, etc.

Why would people be encouraged to go where it isn't safe, when they say it's safe, and yet, we have authorities who are deeply divided over the issue to allow tourists in certain areas.

Well, approaching day 70, HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT WE CAN STILL BE ON THE FENCE ON THIS? We should now by now exactly what's coming up and in exactly what quantity, and exactly what impact it will have on public health.

Yet...crickets...America's largest ecological disaster and we Still. Have. Ho. Idea. And. We're. Left. Speculating.

Well, EPA, BP, USG, CDC, Scientists, Local Law Enforcement -- I ask: is it safe - or isn't it? Why are left speculating? And if we don't know WHY don't we know?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Those who are swimming in it or worse yet, allowing small children to swim in it, need to consider this:

Why aren't we seeing more oil on the beaches than this?

The answer: because you are swimming in a cesspool of chemicals!

It has taken an enormous amount of chemical dispersants to keep us from seeing the real toll of this leak, and those chemicals are what you can't see, you may as well jump into a pool of Raid!

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

your partisan badge is showing.

this is SO much bigger than blaming the Republicans or Democrats. it's pitiful that you continue to make this about petty politics.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeffrybinladen

You don't swim in oil

I think there's more than just oil in the water.

Could these people be playing the BP lottery?

[edit on 27-6-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder

reply to post by getreadyalready

I'm sure there's nothing wrong with the air at all.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6bd598c4dda2.jpg[/atsimg]

Is that picture for real? If it is god help us all.

Nothing to see here - move along, move along.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
Those who are swimming in it or worse yet, allowing small children to swim in it, need to consider this:

Why aren't we seeing more oil on the beaches than this?

The answer: because you are swimming in a cesspool of chemicals!

It has taken an enormous amount of chemical dispersants to keep us from seeing the real toll of this leak, and those chemicals are what you can't see, you may as well jump into a pool of Raid!

Exactly so where you really see it is using a scuba mask another thing is the oil sheen which you don't see! seeping into your pores.

People need to use common sense and if they can't we don't need them on the planet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join