It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do I do about the woman down the street?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
She lives 5 doors down from me and is either the Mother or babysitter of 3 young boys. Two look like twins around 4 years old, the other looks to be around 3. She doesn't watch them and they come to the intersection (I live on the corner) and play in the street. One barely escaped being run over by a semi one day. Sometimes they are on foot and other times on their trikes. Once and a while the youngest is by himself. This happens at least once a day and I cringe every time I see them there. I don't know the woman and I don't want a conflict with her - I am not much for meddling in other peoples affairs but I don't want to see them hurt or killed. They sometimes return home on their own or she steps out on the sidewalk and loudly calls them and says stuff like "your gonna get a whippin when you get back here." Advice on what I should do would be appreciated.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Call your local Family Services Dept. They're always looking for kids to take away from families.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by wookiee

I was hoping I would not have to do that. It could also affect the kids and the rest of the family that may not know this is going on. I don't always trust those that have the power to take away children - sometimes they just end up someplace worse. Thanks - any other ideas?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Kids that young shouldn't be playing out in the street, let alone playing in the street and outside without any supervision, they could easily get hit by a vehicle, get hurt playing or seriously hurt/knocked unconscious, attacked by a roaming dog, etc. Running around unsupervised they run the risk of getting abducted by a weirdo.

You could have a talk with the mother or whoever takes care of them and let them know how dangerous it is for their kids to be running around outside with nobody watching them.

Or

Even tho you hate to do it, just call the police and let them know about the kids. They will come and talk to whoever takes care of them. It would probably be the best thing to do, since I am guessing that if you go over and talk to the parents, it will just go in one ear and out the other.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleObserver

I thought calling the police might be the best thing to do. Thank you for your posts.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

No problem,

they will understand the situation and come talk to the parents, probably give the parents a warning about not wanting to come back here for another call like this or a call of their kids laying out in the street hurt after being hit. And the police will probably teach the kids the dangers of running around away from home, and give the kids stickers and teddy bears.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Aww good, I feel better now - little guys will love the stickers and bears too!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Just buy some really big dog carriers. When you see the kids run out there and try to catch them, return them to their mother. Do this every day, she will either stop letting them out or you will have something really fun to do every day. Or you could just call the cops and say there are some kids playing dangerously in the street. The cops will talk to her and they will not call family services unless there is something really wrong like she answers the door with a needle hanging out her arm, or she tells the cops the the 3 year old is the child of the two four year old twins. Just currious are these white children?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Yes they are blonde haired white children. Dog carriers, huh, think I have some in the attic.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Call your local Family Services Dept. They're always looking for kids to take away from families.

Obviously, you've never had to deal with these people...(either that, or you have, and understand how inequitable they can be in their dealings)....

Echoing some advice for others...talk to the woman, or call the police. I'd be in favor of talking to her, to be honest. (as the police could call child services).

I've seen that agency absolutely demolish decent families, while giving kids back to crack-addicted mothers....and anything you can do to avoid dealing with them is certainly the best course of action....

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Only thing is, if the police are called, they will more than likely have to contact DCFS.

I'd go with talking to her first, but let her know that if you have to, you will call the police, or DCFS yourself.

Be blunt, and tell her your in no mood to see a kid splattered all over the street because of the lack of her parenting skills.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I have had the neighbors call the cops when my daughter was screaming outside after we just got back from camping and she was tired and crabby and was demanding to go swimming. All the cops did was come over and ask us what was going on, took a look at my daughter to make sure she was OK and then told us to have a nice day.

The cops aren't going to call family services unless they think something more serious is going on.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Usually DHS does not take kids away. They do an assessment of the house hold and look for strength's and weaknesses in the home. If there is poor parenting they will have the parents or custodial parent take parenting classes. They believe it is in the best interest of the children to stay with the parents. If the parents are really bad like on drugs or physical or mental abuse or neglect in more extreme cases, they will take the kids and put them in a temporary home until the parents go to rehab or clean up. But they usually let the kids stay even if the parent is using. There will be a case worker assigned to the children or child and they will work with the family and check up on follow up visits. There is little the police can do they always bring in DHS if they see a problem in the home. Don't be afraid of DHS they are just people doing a job. Try the cops if this continues call DHS and make a complaint. It is for the best, better than seeing these kids killed later down the road. I went through this with my daughters mother and my daughter was being left unsupervised by her mother so o made a report. This happened a few times and nothing happened and my daughter was not placed or had to come live with me. So DHS has to find quite a bit wrong in the home before the child is put in placement. They get a bad rap either way.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Unknown Soldier]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Thank you for your posts - I think I have made my decision to call Family Services or the police if I see danger for the kids any time soon. I have health issues and am a bit reluntant to talk to the woman myself - I don't need an argument and something tells me she would cuss me up one side and down the other.

Your advice is very much appreciated!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
As with everything, Napalm! Lots and LOTS of Napalm!

Just kidding of course.

Here's what you do, get a male friend to not shave or shower for a few days, put him in a trench coat and shorts, have him hang out on one of the corners where the kids are playing in the street.

Make sure he looks as creepy as possible. When the mom (or whoever) sees him hanging around, she will bring the kids inside immediately, if she is any mother at all. Do this a few times, and she will be sure to watch her kids more closely.

Remember, have a friend do it, don't do it yourself, because you have to live there. And you probably don't want to be known as the neighborhood pedo.

If the cops are called on your friend explain what you are doing, the cops will be confused, but will understand that you have good intentions.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Usually DHS does not take kids away

Unless you live in Florida....

Bottom line, if there isn't enough evidence of any wrong-doing to charge a parent with a crime, then there certainly shouldn't be enough justification to remove a child from a parent's custody for any lengthy period of time. I've seen this with two completely different parties, and it basically devastated those families.... In both cases, no charges were ever even filed, let alone prosecuted, and yet there was effectively permanent removal (but without actually legally making it permanent...i.e. the parents still paid support!!!)

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Well after seeing the little one in the street last night I called Family services this morning. They said they would definitely look into the situation and thanked me for my concern. Haven't seen the kids this morning. Will let you know if and when I do.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
That happens on my street a lot. I've found that calling the cops out helps. Eventually, they get sick of coming out and go after the parents.
Really, some people just have no parenting skills. I hope the kids don't get hit.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wookiee

I second that....it should be done NOW. It can be done anonymously right?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join