It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nareepol Tree. Hoax?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I was just doing some research on the networks and I bump into this.
Supposedly a tree named "Nareepol" in Thai. Naree means "girl/woman" and pol means plant/tree or "buah" in Malay. It means women tree.
I've read that the real tree at Petchaboon province about almost 500 kms away from Bangkok, other people say that this is a hoax.

Naree pon or Magalee pon is a kind of tree which was described as strange female beings which are born from magical trees exist only in Himmapan Forest and Makalee Pon would come out of these fruits once they were ripen. It has a fruit which has a body like a young woman and a size of it equal human. When a tree fructifies, after 7 days a fruit will fall and a fruit can be 4-5 month. After that, it will sear and disappear. Believe that a smell of Magalee pon will attract many ascetics, gandharvas and scholars because they want to take Magalee pon to copulate.

The legend of Magalee pon that is about 30,000 years ago, Pha Vessandara, his wife Matsi, his son Chali and his daughter Ganha all into exile. They went to Himapan forest to meditate. At that time, Tao Sungatevaraja saw a danger in the forest, so he used a magic to create a pavilion for Pha Vessandara and his family. Tao Sungatevaraja wanted Matsi saved from many ascetics, gandharvas and scholars who had still a passion and they would destroy a precept of Matsi while she went to find some fruit in the forest. Therefore, Tao Sungatevaraja used a magic to create 16 Magalee pon trees which far away from the pavilion. Actually, a fruit of Magalee pon was a type of fairy. When Magalee pon had a fruit, it was born of a fairy which was a beautiful fruit like a beauty of a fairy.

When the scholars passed Magalee pon, they would have a weak heart which made them lose a meditation and magic. Then, they could not fly until they practiced a new meditation to enhance their heart. Although, Pha Vessandara and his wife already departed from Himmapan forest, Magalee pon was still there. It is said it is a test of determination and firmness of the ascetics. Sometime ascetic who was a teacher would take his student to test of determination and firmness under Magalee pon tree. So, Magalee pon was a demand of the magical animals including scholars and gandharvases.

Source:

ladaphonthai02.blogspot.com...

(I know that this is crazy...but do you guys think that we are shifting dimensions? just a thought...)

[edit on 26-6-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Thats some weirdness

I would say if that's a hoax they spent a lot of time doing it

Thanks for the share

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
midgets now trolls? This is crazy

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
One tree woman has a stem growing from her head and another has one growing from her butt, if I saw that clearly. Wow!

I'm going to guess some artist has had some fun with us.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
How about Monkey Fetus's deformed and mummified? Or some other tree dwelling animal similar to a monkey? Sounds like myth and tradition turned something normal into a nice fantasy!

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Springheel Jack

" a nice fantasy" It is rather fun, isn't it?
Kind of a whimsical creation. I enjoyed looking at the photos as well as the other art pics from the link.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Its a hoax that comes in many different forms due to legends.

[edit on 27/6/10 by Thain Esh Kelch]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Gotta earn money somehow.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Thain Esh Kelch

The photo's on your link are very amusing! A hoax obviously but an entertaining one.

The video the OP has posted looks to be something different and in my opinion the little corpses look real.

Of course i dont think they are the bodies of women that have been growing on a tree, but i think the mystery lies in the identity of these interesting objects.

Mummified monkey corpses would be my guess.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
When I first saw this it reminded me of the Mandragora plant.
Which is kinda of similar concept.

It would be cool if its true tho.
You will have to go to Bangkok to check that out.

Genesis 30:14-17:
And Reuben went in the days of wheat harvest, and found mandrakes in the field, and brought them unto his mother Leah. Then Rachel said to Leah, "Give me, I pray thee, of thy son's mandrakes." And she said unto her, "Is it a small matter that thou hast taken my husband? And wouldst thou take away my son's mandrakes also?" And Rachel said, "Therefore he shall lie with thee tonight for thy son's mandrakes." And Jacob came out of the field in the evening, and Leah went out to meet him, and said, "Thou must come in unto me; for surely I have hired thee with my son's mandrakes." And he lay with her that night. And God harkened unto Leah, and she conceived and bore Jacob the fifth son.

Another plant with a narcotic effect, mandrake or the mandragore (Mandragora officinarum L.) was thought to be a potentially lethal herb to harvest from the earth. For this reason, great caution was used in gathering these magical roots. As early as C.E. 93 the historian Flavius Josephus (C.E. c. 37-c. 100) described the process, stories of which were embellished over the years. Many people believed that the mandrake shrieked when harvested and that anyone hearing the piercing cry would die. To avoid this, dogs were used to gather the root. The dog was starved for several days and then tied to the root, around which a trench had been cut. The owner stood out of earshot and threw a piece of meat, and as the dog leapt for the meat, the mandrake root was pulled from the ground. Some writers actually stated that the dog immediately died. There are also references to the use of a sword to draw three circles around the plant and to the fact the plant could be removed only after sundown (Mendelson & Mello 82). The root of the mandrake resembles a phallus or a human torso, and for this reason was believed to have occult powers. In some areas of Europe, "possession of the root was punishable by death" (Mendelson & Mello 82). Medieval witches were said to harvest the root at night beneath gallows trees--trees where unrepentant criminals, evil since birth, were supposed to have died. The root purportedly sprang up from the criminal's body drippings. According to Christian lore, the witch washed the root in wine and wrapped it in silk and velvet. She fed it with sacramental wafers stolen from a church during communion (Guiley 1989 223). Perhaps because it was believed to spring from such substances as a dead criminal's semen, mandrake root was often used in love potions. The fruits of the plant, also called love apples, were believed to increase fertility (Mendelson & Mello 81). The crushed root was purported to have caused hallucinations followed by a death-like trance and sleep. The root was also said to have caused insanity (Guiley 1989 223), and was believed to have been used in flying potions (Mendelson & Mello 78). In Germany, peasants added millet grains for eyes and took great care of their little mandrakes--bathing them, dressing them, tucking them in at night (sometimes in a coffin)--in order to consult them on important questions. In France, they were considered a kind of elf, called the main-de-gloire or magloire. Often they were stashed in secret cupboards, because possessing one could be dangerous on other counts, too: it could expose the owner to the charge of witchcraft. In 1630, three women in Hamburg were executed on this evidence, and in Orleans in 1603 the wife of a Moor was hanged for harboring a "mandrake-fiend," purportedly in the shape of a female monkey (Masello 84).

Source:link

[edit on 27-6-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
What a great con. I especially like the photo where the connection of the "fruit" to the tree was in a different place. Ever seen an apple attached at the side? There is a good reason for the apple and other fruit to attach as they do.

A good laugh and a plus to the perpetrators for a clever and enjoyable hoax.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Ever seen an apple attached at the side?

No...but I've never seen woman growing up from trees either. lol

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The first video does not seem from the same thing...so it could be monkeys....I don't know.
But what about this:

It's kinda weird that you have in a tree and then you have pictures of the fruit dried up..
Or perhaps it's just me, because I would like it to be true.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Have you ever dried a fruit and had it end up the same as the original. All of the dried figurines have their arms by their sides. The images in the tree showed the arms crossed or arms by the sides. The tree had fruit connected at the head and at rump of the figurine. This is what is known as a con. It isn't so.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Looks like clever artwork, along the same lines as P.T. Barnum's legendary (and fake) "Fiji mermaid," which was a taxidermist's creation from the carcasses of a monkey and a large fish:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/48171bdd491d.jpg[/atsimg]

Hoaxters still assemble these crypto mermaids to this day.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

There are other mummified mermaids, demons etc, out there besides that single case, you just have to google it. I can provide you with some images you want. The Nareepol Tree it's kinda like an isolated case...there are a lot of freaky stuff happening on this planet. I don't know, it could be a hoax I guess.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Naree Pons
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Every now and then a thread will show up on ATS about these, and people will pile up on the OP to delcare it as a hoax before they even look into it.
I think it was Discovery Channel did a special on them nearly 10 years ago, and there was something about them containing human chromosomes, good luck finding the show though, I saw it myself and haven't seen any reference to the show since it aired.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
It would help if the scientific community would just do their jobs: go over there, take samples, do X-rays, CT-scans, MRIs, etc, set up hidden cameras, whatever.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I wish this were real but it seems like a hoax to me.

How come the mummified 'elves' look different from the ones on the tree in the video?

Why has not this been scientifically studied if true.. why cant you buy seeds for this tree?

Are they claiming this is the only Naree pon tree in the world?

Too many things don't add up here.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

If people spent all of their time dispensing with these hoaxes when would the real work get done? Why use expensive equipment when a machete will get the inside view of these plant parts?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join