It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strong Feeling that I'm being Watched.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Quite often while in my house, I really get a strong feeling that there is an entity of some sort either right behind me, in front of me, or right around a corner in my house. The feeling is usually so strong that when I turn my head to look at it, I'm just waiting for it to be standing there staring at me, but it nothing visible is ever there. It might just be my mind playing tricks on me. However, if the feelings are legitimate and I am really sensing a spirit, it never really feels malevolent. Just uber spooky and nosy.

The biggest flag-raising detail about these events is that it comes and goes. Sometimes I feel like it's there all the time if I am by myself in my home. Then other times, I can't feel its presence no matter what I do. Any thoughts? Sorry for such a puny thread, but thanks in advance for any help!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by philosearcher

don't be afraid. it it's a malevolent being, fear will feed it. if it's benevolent, there's nothing to be afraid of. the reality we're living in is much more complicated than what our senses can perceive.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
call it out.....SHOW YOURSELF !!!!!!!!!!!!! it something flies across the room...throw it back. If it growls at you...growl back

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
While it is unnerving to feel like your "being watched" it is simply something that cant be avoided.

A. The deceased who have crossed over into the afterlife (like your family) will time to time drop in on you to see how your doing.

B. The deceased who are stuck on the earthbound plane and wander as ghosts are not bound by physical boundaries and come and go through peoples houses as they please.

Unless you feel as if there is malicious intent, evil, and fear coming from this entity I would not be concerned about it.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I might get flamed for this, or mocked, but when i feel like something is watching me, or I'm scared, I pray aloud.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
You have no problem at all here. Use this opportunity to learn to replace the feeling of fear with love. Project that love outward and see what happens. It will be felt and will produce a response. You will have learned something hugely valuable too. It's not easy (at first) to be the master of your emotions.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
True, Jedi_Hamster, and if it's a benevolent being, how should I treat it? Just ignore it? or should I go into a respectful state of mind and pay some attention to it? Wish I knew more about it, but it freaks the heck out of me sometimes/most of the times. Which I know is bad if it's malevolent but sometimes I can muster myself to be alright with it being there. I think my mind fears the media's portrayal of evil spirits and such. I just am not quite sure how to get out of that hole.

Also, superliminal...I read somewhere that poltergeist-like responses could be one's own psychokinesis at work when they get spooked their abilities get out of control. Don't know how true that is though...Growling on the other hand.......

Also, now that I think about things like disembodied voices...One morning I had woke up to what I thought was a female voice whispering over in the corner of my room by my door. Looked up and no one was there (was it just my mind after I had just been sleeping? I cannot tell).

[edit on 6/26/2010 by philosearcher]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
Use this opportunity to learn to replace the feeling of fear with love. Project that love outward and see what happens.

This seems like a great idea. Not sure why I never tried it aside from just being freaked out. Good plan.

Also thanks for the replies thus far!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
or maybe it could be the beginning of schizophrenia.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Note the time and how long you've been awake. Have you not been sleeping the best?
Long sessions late at night looking at a screen can do some amazingly strange things to the senses. The droning fan of a computer or the high frequency buzz of a monitor/TV tube can mess with the senses as well.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mntngr
or maybe it could be the beginning of schizophrenia.

unfortunately, I'd thought of that possibility too. I'm giving the spiritual track a run first though. I do greatly believe in these kinds of things and read a bunch about them. I don't think I'm losing it, I'll let you know if I resort to this thinking.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
One suggestion , you could buy a radio shack EMF meter or something like that... just like the different ghost hunter people use..
I would stay away from doing any recordings of voice phenomenon though.. but that is just my feeling of it..

Another thing is you could research the house or whatever for any troubling history of tragedy or happenings..

I used to get those feelings in my old apartment but my fairly new place feels completely serene and peaceful...

[edit on 26-6-2010 by alienreality]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
Another thing is you could research the house or whatever for any troubling history of tragedy or happenings..
[edit on 26-6-2010 by alienreality]

Actually, the house was built from scratch. I don't know about the land itself though. However, there was a fatal shooting down the road from my house literally on the road. A guy pulled a lady out of her car and killed her with a shot to the face. It was rather tragic. I wondered if it wasn't her but I'd been getting these feelings for a long while before that happened. So maybe not.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by philosearcher

I would say that the incidence of sane people experiencing "non-sane" events far exceeds the number of incidences where a sane person all-of-a-sudden starts becoming schizophrenic.

This world is crazy place and anybody who claims to have absolute knowledge of anything, let alone the spiritual world, is either lying or deluded.

The experience of something that feels "out of this world" whether it's a UFO, ghost, alien, bigfoot, ESP, usually causes irrational fear. That's a natural and healthy but outdated defense mechanism. You can control it. First thing is to become aware of it.

You don't necessarily have to convert it into love - I suppose for some people that comes natural - but a quick meditation on the reason for and function of fear can be eerily effective in making it evaporate away.

I always liked the Litany of Fear from the book Dune -
"I must not fear, fear is the mind killer
Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration
I will face my fear
I will permit it to pass over me and through me
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing
Only I will remain"

It's a bit long but provides good mental imagery to work with.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by State of Mind

One question, does it help?
If so who cares whether you pray or not, life is what we make of it.
I'm no Bible subscriber but people prayed waaay before organized religion.
If it works go with it.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Damn, I want some hell hounds like g14 has!

The best way to get a spirit to leave is to totally ignore it. That's rule one in psychic self defense..

If you want to open yourself to the spirit world/astral and attempt to communicate.. I can turn you on to some powerful meditations to increase your psychic senses.. that's always a fun route.

Nothing to be scared of, as the Earth raises her frequency and our place in the universe shifts, this sort of stuff is really coming alive so to speak and going mainstream.

Anyone hear the news story about a ghost setting off a store security alarm recently?

Caught on tape and everything.. Good stuff...

[edit on 26-6-2010 by Mayura]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayura
Anyone hear the news story about a ghost setting off a store security alarm recently?

Caught on tape and everything.. Good stuff...

[edit on 26-6-2010 by Mayura]

Link

Weird stuff!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join