It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extra-Terrestrial Beings & Inter-Dimensional Beings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Greetings ATS,

I decided to create a thread to clear up a question I have concerning semantics.

Since joining ATS I have encountered a wide array of spiritual-minded individuals, and a similar array of alien-minded individuals.

This is fine; my beliefs hold the possibility that both spiritual phenomenon and alien races exist in our Universe.

My question is one of the use of inter-dimensional beings here on the boards. Mainly, which category do they really come under?

The spiritual-minded person insists that inter-dimensional beings are religious in nature. They may be gods, or God itself, or angels and demons, possibly spirits or ghosts, or even ancestral beings.

To the spiritual-minded person these inter-dimensional beings roam around on another plane of existence, possibly the Astral Plane, or maybe some paradise, or Valhalla.

It is because of these beings divinity, or state-of-being that they are able to transcend/descend planes in order to reach whatever plane Earth is a part of. This is how we receive spiritual communications.

The alien-minded person believes that alien races have access to "planes of existence", like the Astral, because of some technological advancement. That these extra-terrestrials are actually corporeal forms who just use science to travel through planes we cannot.

To the alien-minded person these inter-dimensional beings fly around in spaceships to find proper locations which to turn on whatever technology allows them to enter another plane of existence. Then they... do something... and end up here on Earth. Able to simply reverse the process and leave us mystified by their disappearing tricks.

It is because of this seldom-adequately-described technology that extra-terrestrials are able to access another plane of existence, allowing them to move more carefree through space/time so that they can come and deliver seemingly spiritual messages about trendy technologies or policies Earth-peoples have currently adapted.

So, ATS, which is it? Are inter-dimensional beings spiritual divinities who transcend existence, or are they extra-terrestrial beings with some fancy gadgets and magnets?

And, what corroboration do you have that your position is the right one?

~ Wandering Scribe

MODS:

I'm not really sure if this belongs more in the paranormal forum (Astral Plane, gods and divinities), the UFO forums (extra-terrestrials, advanced technologies, use of space/time), or even another forum.

If you think it belongs somewhere else, please move it appropriately.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I am spiritual.

But, belief systems are sometime i do not agree with.

So, I would say they are what they are. Try to subdue your urge to categorize them.

Information is a very useful thing. But on the path of spirituality, it gives us unwanted and hard to get out of detours.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Perhaps extra terrestrials mimic western religious figures like "the Father, The son, and the Holy Ghost"

All different, all one...or all none...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Personally I'd say that alien beings are beings like us; a part of the universal consciousness experiencing life on a physical plane of existence. I'd class interdimensional beings as seperate to souls/consciousness trapped in the physical vessel, and thus seperate entities to aliens as we think of them. I suppose it's possible that aliens have the technology that perverts our limited understanding of space and time, and are thus able to transcend physical existence entirely but who really knows for certain?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

Greetings gandhi,

like you, I too am a spiritually-minded person. I do however find credence in belief systems. Not all of them though. A fair amount of them present good structures and systems, which I find beneficial. So I think we may disagree on that bit.

Try to subdue your urge to categorize them

I don't really consider it an urge to categorize them. I am simply looking for clarification. Like, as an example, if I were to say that I had an encounter with an inter-dimensional being, would I have met an alien, or some kind of god?

That is the crux of my search.

Information is a very useful thing

Most definitely.

But on the path of spirituality, it gives us unwanted and hard to get out of detours

I find I must disagree with this. On the path to spirituality it is vital that we inform ourselves. Without enlightenment, education, and understanding we cannot hope to understand the internal mechanisms of Universal working.

Sapientia sapienti dona data my friend.

Thanks for the response.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Perhaps extra terrestrials mimic western religious figures like "the Father, The son, and the Holy Ghost"

This is an interesting theory. One that I've considered before. The chariots of the gods belief. Unfortunately, my historical and anthropological studies have convinced me otherwise.

For the sake of discussion though, what brings you to this possible conclusion?

All different, all one...or all none...

I like this supposition. Thanks for stopping by.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Random_Hero10

Personally I'd say that alien beings are beings like us

Sounds plausible.

a part of the universal consciousness experiencing life on a physical plane of existence

So you consider inter-dimensional beings to actually be physical corporeal manifestations then?

An interesting twist to the common literature.

I'd class interdimensional beings as seperate to souls/consciousness trapped in the physical vessel

As would I.

and thus seperate entities to aliens as we think of them

So to you an extra-terrestrial does not equal an inter-dimensional being then. Such is my current stand on the issue, but I'm always open to new rationale and reasoning.

I suppose it's possible that aliens have the technology that perverts our limited understanding of space and time

Why do you think our understanding of Universal mechanics is limited?

Thanks for dropping by to give us your thoughts on the matter.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
as I read in a USAF document (I think) posted here on ATS back in the 1930's, it explained that the extraterrestrial aircraft captured had the capability of travel through dimensions and that the called "alien" was just a being from this planet but just from other dimension different from ours.

If anyone remember this post and could provided us the link will be well received.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

So, ATS, which is it? Are inter-dimensional beings spiritual divinities who transcend existence, or are they extra-terrestrial beings with some fancy gadgets and magnets?

The objective truth is that we don't know.

We honestly can't even call the things inter-dimensional or extra-terrestrial.

What we do know:
1. People around the world report sightings of lights and objects in the sky.
2. People around the world report apparitions and poltergeist activity.
3. People around the world are traumatized by experiences they claim are abductions by aliens or supernatural beings.

Reports and claims are subjective, the only thing verifiable is the PTSD in the "abduction victims".

People filter events in their lives through cultural and religious filters.

A secular person is going to filter experiences through a secular filter. UFOs become machines, beings become biological creatures from other planets, and abductions usually involve experimentation.

A religious person is going to use a religious filter. UFOs become angels or gods, beings become angels, demons, or fairies, and abductions become initiations of revelation or events of rape and torture.

These are subjective reports and claims.

Objectively we don't know. There is nothing definitive to suggest they are extra-terrestrial, inter-dimensional or "spiritual".

For all we know, they could be manifestations of our collective unconsciousness. We simply don't know. Until we can quantify it in a lab or the field, the phenomena remains anomalous.

People who claim to contact or channel the phenomena are just as subjective and apply their own filters, influenced by science fiction, fantasy, and comic books.

None of us really know what it is.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I believe there is Life on other planets. I believe that we have been seeded (genetically). I believe the Universe itself is Life expressed in every form looking back at itself trying to figure itself out. I believe that we are the outer manifestation of our Universe looking back on itself, but I believe we were altered and now we are nothing more than Domesticated Hybrids.

As for the Greys, they are Demons, not Angels; that their dimension is one of intense heat and pain and suffering and so the bodies we see are nothing more than constructs to be used on this side. They are unfeeling in what we perceive as feelings or emotions. I believe they are devoid of a Soul and they find our soul emanations as "delightful" if they can grasp delight. I believe there is a heiarchy of Demons and that only the chosen possess the worst of them. The chosen would be our World Leaders or anyone that grasps power. I believe Obama was given his Demon on his first meeting in the Oval Office with Bushy-baby; most likely it was the same Demon that Bush carried within him. Bush probably thinks he is now free of his Demon! Obama is another Bush because his actions and decisions are that of the same Demon we had previously. I believe the Demons, working through the minions of possessed wish to make this World more hospitable to them. This is why we poison everything at every turn.

I believe that blood sacrifices are used to bring forth new Demons to this side. This is why we require wars. This is why Children are missing and exploited.

I believe you and I have a Demon. I believe we all do now in some form or another. Personal Demons if you will. Most are mischievous, most are dubious. We can exercise our Demons, we can weaken their hold on us and we can detach from them over time. Some are so attached that they protect their inner Demon.

I believe the "Harvest" is a ploy to take us to their side. The Harvest is a Trap!

As for the Angels, they are working with Nature, they are working with Children. They are protecting us from outside of us.

Demons inside, Angels outside.

I believe the Demons will be removed from this dimension soon, forever hopefully, but I do recognize that Revelation reveals that after 1000 years of Heaven on Earth they will be released from "Hell" (this is their dimension) so that the attached Souls can be Judged. Some will finally find peace and will be saved, but most will be cast back to Demonville (my own name for that side).

I believe our Lords will return, but they are not Gods; however, I am partial to Michael Jackson being the True Christ on Earth. He Manifested in a Child and he lived innocently. I believe he was a Virgin when he was taken from us and that he was transforming so that no one would confuse who he really is. He will resurrect for every Religion! (I said it here first unless I missed that post)

When the Lords come, Michael will be there for us! No one will disbelieve, how could they?

I believe Good will Overcome Evil and all will be reborn in the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth; all with Faith in their Hearts.

I believe we are the Armies that will overcome those Possessed. Our fight was within for so long, but soon the fight will emerge outwardly. We must call out the Demons for what they are and exercise them. Those that have attachments will resist, then we will know! Then we simply tell them we know and they either go on the attack or they flee in terror over the Return of Christ which they sense is coming closer each day.

I believe the worst is yet to come.

I also believe that we naturally have the ability to tap into all Knowledge but that a screen or filter is over us all, and that even our Lords are only now discovering our Plight and our situation. We were cut off for so long, but now the messages are breaking through. We can tap in now!

We will see the Demons soon! Really see them for what they are.

I am of Nature Spirit!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

So you consider inter-dimensional beings to actually be physical corporeal manifestations then?

Possibly. From my understanding of Astral physics however I'd say any appearance an inter-dimensional being chooses to portray would be based on the intent/thoughts of the entitiy, so these beings could look very "alien" were we to encounter one. Who knows, maybe as we imagine and think about such such creatures our own will creates manifestations of them on the corporeal planes of existence!

So to you an extra-terrestrial does not equal an inter-dimensional being then.

Indeed not. On that we agree!

Why do you think our understanding of Universal mechanics is limited?

As far as I'm aware we've not mastered all aspects relating to Quantum Theory, we can't travel through time or dimensions physically, and we've yet to build a vehicle that surpasses the speed of light. Aliens, in most popular literature are able to do so, so our understanding of the universal mechanics is limited when compared to theorised Alien tech/abilities.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I think you are right about the semantics but one thing most people forget is that all entities that are living or once had life have spirits.

We forget because our spirit is trapped in our prison of flesh and we have lost our ability to communicate with the spirits that are free.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Greetings all, sorry about my lack of responses. I have had a very busy week, and just finished prepping another thread — on meditation, located here — which occupied a lot of my time.

I am intrigued by many of the replies here, and will respond as soon as I have the free time to write back thoughtfully. Thank you all for your contributions.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
inter dimensional beings would mean they come from the same universe, they travel thought space

extra dimensional would mean they live outside our universe in a place we cant perceive ...

thats it, that doesnt have anything to do with spiritual or whatever %¨7 u guys want to add

those are my definition, based on science ... thats it

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

This is very rash, and, misses the point of the topic. Inter-dimensional, extra-dimensional, and extra-terrestrial are all different things, relating to different concepts. However, your generalizations are not entirely correct.

• Inter-dimensional does mean it is born of, and operates within our Universe as we understand it. This is correct. However, this does not exclude the possibility for spiritual existences to be inter-dimensional.

The Higher Self, for example, is a spiritual-mental concept. It is entirely spiritual, and entirely inter-dimensional as it comes from an internal dimension of ourselves.

• Extra-dimensional does constitute something we cannot perceive in our 3-dimensional space. It does not mean we cannot understand it though. You do not need to be able to see something to be able to interpret it's meaning.

Love, for example, exists as an inter-dimensional concept of chemical reactions in the brain. However, it also exists as a binding force in the Universe, uniting families, species, and entire planetary systems.

It does not have a length, a width, a height, or a measurement of time. It is extra-dimensional, but fully within the confines of perception and definition.

• Extra-terrestrial, scientifically means anything "from another mass of land". This would mean any non-Earth-born organism. Meaning, beings from Mars, or the Pleiades, or Zeta Reticuli. Again, a simple construct when scientifically defined.

Once more though, we have the concept of Panspermia. That is, the belief that life originated on Earth when an meteorite collided with our planet, creating the primordial soup, which struck by lightning jump-started the first primitive single-celled organisms which evolved through millennium into life as we know it now.

This would of course mean all life is extra-terrestrial.

The point of this thread is to come to an understanding of how these terms apply to the ATS forum. As in, what do members prefer to consider to be the difference between extra-terrestrials and inter-dimensional beings?

Thanks for the response, I hope this helped clarify things for you a little bit.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

The reply by Faiol pretty much sums up what I was going to say.

BTW: I am a spiritual person but not religious.

Personally I think there is a multitude of things going on, at many levels and that is why the subject of extraterrestrials has been so hard to pin down.

Too many layers and the more you peel off the more that keep popping up.

The possibilities I have read about are:

- Different dimensions
- Different planet(s)
- Our reality might even be programmed or a hologram
- Different timelines
- Some of the above
-Possibly all of the above

The following books may be of interest to you.

"The Secret History of the World and How to Get Out Alive" by Laura Knight Jadczyk

"Parallel Worlds" by Michio Kaku

"Physics of the Impossible" by Michio Kaku

"Holographic Universe" by Michael Talbot

"The Universe Solved" by Jim Elvidge.

Part 1, 2 & 3 are here: www.youtube.com... - 1, 2 & 3 was okay but Kaku really gets going in parts 4, 5 & 6.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by ofhumandescent]

[edit on 7-9-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Good evening Scribe,

My opinion is this matter would be that within the infinite fractals of dimensions and infinite realities;

All possibilities exist.

I would say that we are dealing with ET's of our reality, ET's of another reality and ET's that are only visible to certain people with extra sensory capabilities not to mention the hosts of spirits, entities, demons and beings that inhabit every facet of existence imaginable.

I would break it down for simplicity's sake into 2 groups. This world, and the Otherworld.

There are many experiences where I have thought to myself "This is very real to this person", but completely non existent to others.

I'd like to speak with you via U2U/chat sometime about dealings with Otherworld scenarios and such - more so then ET's of our reality especially since Time and Space is non existent in the Otherworld...Therefor these beings just are there, as far as I can tell.

-G

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Hello wanderingscribe, this is a subject that interests me greatly and I have come to some conclusions over the last couple of years. I agree with what ofhumandescent says in that existence is complex and multi layered.

Since childhood I have had contact experiences, note how I don't like to refer to them as 'alien abductions'. The reason for this is that I don't think that adequately explains what is going on at all and I don't believe they are necessarily 100% physically real experiences. The problem with the alien abduction label is that the nuts and bolts UFO believers and sceptics alike say that as there is no physical proof, it cannot therefore be happening. Of course I think they are missing the point entirely when they limit their thinking to their 5 sense reality.

I think catagorizing these beings into Alien or Spiritual is just our way of rationalizing things. There are so many levels of existence outside of our own and that's where things get complicated. Personally I believe some of the 'aliens' may be physical beings but that doesn't stop them from being interdimensional too. This may be because of technology they have developed. I believe that if any race advances enough they will get to this point too. Some beings may have developed the ability to access different dimensions with their minds, without technology.

I could catagorize my own experiences into two distinct groups, the bad being scary, intrusive, disturbing and the good being profoundly spiritual and positive. It's my feeling that the 'bad' beings are those that employ technology to traverse the dimensions and they appear to be soulless and unfeeling. The 'good' beings I feel are naturally able to travel between dimensions as they have evolved this ability naturally. Again I would say catagorizing these beings into good and bad is a way of rationalizing things that are very complex. John E Mack's theory that abduction is akin to a transformational, shamanic journey is one with wich I have to agree. In the western world shamanism is something that has been disregarded, so as a result anyone having such experiences is disregarded too. I started coming to the conclusion that Aliens, Faeries, Demons and Angels all may be one and the same in the last couple of years. I was also thrilled to discover that a number of authours and researchers share the same conclusion.

In the next few years I think science is going to start exploring the mysteries of conciousness and the soul, multidimensionality will come into this. It seems more and more people are considering the possibility that ET's could be a whole other category of beings. It's like we have shifted away from the age of the flying saucer and bug eyed alien into one where science will give credence to the idea that other beings may exist in ways other than we do. I think science is starting to catch up with what shamans and spiritual people have known for thousands of years. The way we define and describe these beings is no longer adequate and there will be some kind of paradigm shift. I also think that when we officially make contact we will come to learn that the ET's/angels or whatever you want to call them have their own spirituality and deeper mysteries to explore. There are probably beings that they class as gods or demons....and so it will go on.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Re DrHammondStoat

Based on my own contact experiences, which started to get really intensive some 5 years ago, you ring very true.

(Experiences 'there' give a feeling of recognition, when you meet others).

I also like your evaluation very much, and can to a high degree support you. It's nice to hear from contactees, who don't start their own 'save-the-world' movement, from fear hide in a religion or end up in the funny house.

Though personally I'm a bit wary about the 'they are here to tranform positively us through scare tactics'. Considering how long time they've been around, neither they nor we are very good at being scared to anything except being scared.

And my interpretation may be wrong (though I doubt it); some of these guys are really bastards, just like some humans can be. A step higher up on the food pyramid, and they do not seem to have any special considerations for their livestock or tablemanners.
edit on 28-10-2010 by bogomil because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join