It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I called BP with a 'fix it' idea :)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
So last night I had this crazy dream where I was being touted as some big savior of the sea's because I had the plan that worked to plug the oil volcano safely....
It was EXTRA weird as in this dream I was going around asking people WHAT EXACTLY was this big idea I had? and I had to be told about my own idea by some folks. Once I learned what it was I was like "OH yaaaa that IS a good idea isn't it?"

When I woke up I remembered all this and found some contact numbers for BP, and they sent me an Email form page for me to lay out my idea for them, & submit it to the proper folks.

So my idea IS:
solid steel or titanium 1/2 mile long rods that are flat on the edges shaped like a pentagon, are inserted via robot into the tube one at a time, and then are welded into place. As more are added the flat edges line up to for a tight seal that is welded together at the top. These VERY long rods are continued to be added until the pipe is fully plugged up.....there are also some much smaller rods added into spaces that do not line up as tight as they should.........but this should begin to slow the flow once it is close to a quarter of the way filling the opening.....
MAYBE these dang rods could even be made to be 4 friggen MILES long to block & close the lower supposed blow out in the deep underground pipe wall......turning this well pipe hole into a solid plug of metal.
This can be done from above with humans and below with robots and those robots do the welding.

The more I think about this fix, the more I am convinced it really WOULD WORK.......this is why I already submitted this plan to BP and the coast guard clean up people.

What say YOU, the smart people of ATS??
Do I really have something here or am I just having super weird worthless dreams??

[edit on 25-6-2010 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Well, it sounds like an interesting plan, theRiverGoddess, indeed.

Did you got into more extensive details with your submission?

And, did you think to copy it down, and save a copy of it on Microsoft Word?

If you did do you think you can include a quote of it here so we may see it?

We wouldn't want them ripping you off now would we?

They're about as honest as a politician.

Wait, there's a resemblance there, somewhere.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Way to go, RiverGoddess!

It's gotta be great to say, "I did something."

You rock!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I sit here in the north east twiddling my thumbs and ranting at TPTB, BP, and the lot. I'm frustrated because I haven't a clue how to help while feeling an overwhelming urge to help in any way I can.

YOU.... have a dream, and call BP with a solution. Whether it works or not you have done SOMETHING!! Star and Flag for you!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
You will get a email befor long that will state we have came to one of the following conclusions about your plan. Already thought of, already tried, will not work, Or plan already being discussed. Thank you anyways.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
So last night I had this crazy dream where I was being touted as some big savior of the sea's because I had the plan that worked to plug the oil volcano safely....
It was EXTRA weird as in this dream I was going around asking people WHAT EXACTLY was this big idea I had? and I had to be told about my own idea by some folks. Once I learned what it was I was like "OH yaaaa that IS a good idea isn't it?"

When I woke up I remembered all this and found some contact numbers for BP, and they sent me an Email form page for me to lay out my idea for them, & submit it to the proper folks.

So my idea IS:
solid steel or titanium 1/2 mile long rods that are flat on the edges shaped like a pentagon, are inserted via robot into the tube one at a time, and then are welded into place. As more are added the flat edges line up to for a tight seal that is welded together at the top. These VERY long rods are continued to be added until the pipe is fully plugged up.....there are also some much smaller rods added into spaces that do not line up as tight as they should.........but this should begin to slow the flow once it is close to a quarter of the way filling the opening.....
MAYBE these dang rods could even be made to be 4 friggen MILES long to block & close the lower supposed blow out in the deep underground pipe wall......turning this well pipe hole into a solid plug of metal.
This can be done from above with humans and below with robots and those robots do the welding.

The more I think about this fix, the more I am convinced it really WOULD WORK.......this is why I already submitted this plan to BP and the coast guard clean up people.

What say YOU, the smart people of ATS??
Do I really have something here or am I just having super weird worthless dreams??

thanks for the laugh HOMBRE but serious where the heck are the engineering equations in order for backing this up!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Thats really negative of you...cant you be a bit more postive ?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Hi,

I find your idea to be innovative. However, inserting these rods through the BOP to me doesn't seem feasible. And to remove the BOP would allow a whole lot of problems inserting the rods into the well tube. The pressures involved.

Plus, I highly doubt BP is going to want the well to no longer produce their butter.

To pump liquid titanium through the BOP would melt the tubes on the way to the BOP.

I have a feeling that BP is only doing lip-service providing this opportunity for the people to lend any ideas on how to correct this blatant negligence; no idea will be put to use, just like no out-side help in cleaning-up the mess is welcomed.

We notice, this corporation is not at all humbled. It's still being called a spill by the MSM. What they should be spilling are their guts.

I didn't intend to shoot down your idea. It's just that we are dealing with barbaric neanderthals here aren't we?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Coo

No kidding!

And to see someone actually gave that *snip* a star.

An idea!...If the one BOP can be removed, it can be replaced with one that is not faulty?

[edit on (6/25/1010 by loveguy]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
another failed idea....BP has plenty of them!

back your stuff up with HARD SCIENCE and stop driving suv's(plug)

OK?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy

Originally posted by The_Coo

No kidding!

And to see someone actually gave that *snip* a star.

An idea!...If the one BOP can be removed, it can be replaced with one that is not faulty?

[edit on (6/25/1010 by loveguy]

i inform the truth for the most part so RELAX this cockamanee idea would never work.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Well SKL I went to my email proggy to see what kind of sent copy I had and all I can retrieve is this:

"Thank you for your inquiry. We appreciate your concern and willingness to help. Please complete the form located at www.horizonedocs.com... with as much detail as possible.

This will allow us to quickly and accurately collect your information so that we can forward it to the appropriate technical reviewer. Once your information has been analyzed, we will contact you with the result of the review. Please note we are receiving thousands of potential solutions from the public and it may take some time for us to get back with you. We are currently implementing multiple tactics to both control the source of the leak and the resulting spill. Once you fill in this form, you do not need to contact us again.

Thank you!

The Horizon Support Team

My info WAS much more detailed as the form they had me fill out had sections for different things such as 'EQUIPMENT NEEDED' ect......

To you negative complaining whiners above, why don't you tell us YOUR great ideas to put an end to this mess? I would rather be laughed at as being silly than be some disgusting 'DO NUTTIN BUT BIOTCH' lump on a chair/couch/beanbag.

So WHAT if I am NOT an engineer? There ARE engineers working with the ideas being sent into them to check into what is or is not viable.
I am an artist.
I make utilitarian art.
My idea stems from this creative well and it MIGHT just work.........I wonder about the upward gushing pressure of the oil curling & or warping the rod ends that go down deeply....but I think they would all end up smashed up together in a twist, and the last few rods would need some serious POUNDING on, and if they can dig wells that deep they CAN pound of stuff IMO.

And @ j-CLOWNSHOES-binladen I do NOT drive an suv :p I currently do not even HAVE a car......

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Coo

Isn't it almost impossible to either lay cement or weld metal in those conditions? Crushing pressure at those depths, the out-flow pressure from the well, which is estimated at somewhere around 50,000 PSI, and all the abrasive material coming out, would make that difficult, maybe impossible for us, no?

My only other problem would be securing a tight fit around the drilled hole, all the way down. The cement is not holding, but is still there. It's not a smooth straight geometrically perfect hole - not anymore - so in order to create a tight fit we would need to have something that can potentially expand. And again when you're dealing with 50,000 PSIs, there's little substances except the hardest metals that can tolerate that force without being pulverized.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a total fail but this should not be a discouragement

KEEP TRYING

thankyou

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

That's awesome and I'm glad for one you actually tried.

And to your comments about those negative people all I say is that I laughed hard.

I can imagine you wagging your finger in their noses.

Negativity only brings forth more negativity.

You dreamed a solution and passed it on and that's all that matters.

Too many people just want to crap on others dreams.

Bring on more beauty, theRiverGoddess, we need more like you.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeffrybinladen
a total fail but this should not be a discouragement

KEEP TRYING

thankyou

I am sure your parents feel the same way lol

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Hi,

I hope I'm not lumped-in as a whiner. Or as being negative. Of course now after reviewing my post, I guess I deserve it. I apologize. I intended to be of support.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
It's an interesting idea indeed, and good on ya for remembering it and posting it!

The main problems I can foresee are -

1/ This plan will most likely only work AFTER the relief wells have been drilled. The whole reason for drilling the relief wells is to relieve the pressure from the main leak so they can then try and seal it up. The pressure of the main leak is in excess of 10,000PSI (ten thousand pounds per square inch!!)

2/ The whole long metal rods may actually be unnecassary. Once the relief wells are drilled, the original Top Kill method may well work fine, or it may just be easily capped instead of something so big as you suggest being put down there.

3/ The other problem is something that every single idea can not comprehend, that is the fact that the whole area of Gulf Floor could be at risk from collapsing or splitting open. If this were to happen, then its evacuation time from the gulf and the future would be bleak.

Thats about as much critical points as I can think of in a short space of time. sorry if I sound all negative, but I can see no solution until relief wells are drilled, and even then it may still be a hard one.

Send in your idea though, maybe someone with more knowledge than silly me will have a different take on it, and your plan may be of good use!!

All ideas should be looked at IMHO, as there may be bits and bobs of ideas that may go together to solve this mess.

g

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I applaud you River Goddess! It takes alot of nerve to speak up & share ideas making yourself vulnerable , especially something as serious as the predicament we're facing in the Gulf...My hats off to you sister! Fine line between criticism & being judgmental.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
aww thanks Loveguy now I am FEELING the love

My son is kinda being over critical.......and my cat has BAD gas tonight so I am only feeling 'the love' online lolerz

top topics

<<   2 >>

join