It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP's project "Liberty" a recipe for disaster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Our GOOD friends at BP have constructed an artificial island @ 1.5 kilometers off the Alaskan coastline, made of crushed stone! The drilling procedure makes deepwater look like childs play, and this is steaming along with MMS approval as usual.

and from my source the reservoir holds 2.3 billion barrels not the 100 million BP claims just look at the money BP has pumped into this project if you don't believe! follow the money RIGHT?!

PROJECT LIBERTY PDF

www.bp.com...

I will comment more on this SERIOUS issue later....

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Oh come on! They are gonna make a profit. There is probably 10 times that much oil down there. There is so much oil and fossil fuel down there if we really only knew. There could be 10 times as many oil companies in the world as we have now and they would all be well off. If there were 20 times as many oil companies then competition would start to drive non-oil energy companies (green) to compete in the energy market.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I'm so tired of Bp.. justice please

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
BP claims 100 million barrels just as they did with Macondo 252 YET i have a source who's worked at this site for over a year and claims between 2-3 billion barrels?! Everything i say here is true for the most part do the research and reply if you want!

BTW I have an MMS docu that claims bp can handle a 50.000bpd blowout at project liberty!

FUNNY because the last time i checked BP collection effort maxed out at @ 27,000bpd at the deepwater disaster site?! SO how can they contain 50,000bpd?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
And it just keeps getting worse. BP has had lots of practice (as well as other oil companies) for destroying ecosystems for fun and profit.
I just found this quote that summarizes the BP objective

Here's what BP has in store for the Arctic: First, the company will drill two miles beneath its tiny island, which it has christened "Liberty." Then, in an ingenious twist, it will drill sideways for another six to eight miles, until it reaches an offshore reservoir estimated to hold 105 million barrels of oil. This would be the longest "extended reach" well ever attempted, and the effort has required BP to push drilling technology beyond its proven limits. As the most powerful "land-based" oil rig ever built, Liberty requires special pipe to withstand the 105,000 foot-pounds of torque — the equivalent of 50 Mack truck engines — needed to turn the drill. "This is about as sexy as it gets," a top BP official boasted to reporters in 2008. BP, a repeat felon subject to record fines for its willful safety violations, calls the project "one of its biggest challenges to date" — an engineering task made even more dangerous by plans to operate year-round in what the company itself admits is "some of the harshest weather on Earth."

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

Apparently they will intentionally kill the planet to milk the last drop of oil from it.

top topics

join