It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP Knew- Prepare Your Children!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
So you all should know that the BP spill is basicaly an underwater volcano. You can not do a anything to stop it. If the spill keeps on flowing towards the Atlantic Ocean, where the Atlantic Ocean is our 'world heater', and the oil heads northbound then Europe will be force to stop fishing in the next 100 years.

Not only that but we will face global cooling because the rate of the oil will 'clog' up the Atlantic Ocean. This is not something that we can say, Ehh, it's just an oil spill. NO! The aftermath will be much worse! Please inform people about this.

I don't know what to say but I know that I will be informing this information to my family and friends.

The narrator later talks about the NWO's agenda and 'fallen angels'. I am focusing on the BP spill so please focus on that. But if nessesary to include the NWO, be my geust.

NOTE: This is my first thread so please excuse any mistakes.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by uglybattle]

Fixed youtube link

[edit on 24-6-2010 by dbates]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
link is not pulling up "First Posters"! jus playin- would like to see though

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Hope this helps.

I got to say, by the tone of the way this guy speaks, he sounds concerned and wishes to do something,but sadly can't.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
sorry. Darn those 2nd post.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
to post a youtube video you need to copy everything after the = in the URL from youtube in the share link

using the YOUTUBE VIDEO link on ATS

about your theory, who knows ...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by uglybattle

its good to see the latecomers are getting a clue:

You can not do a anything to stop it. If the spill keeps on flowing towards the Atlantic Ocean, where the Atlantic Ocean is our 'world heater', and the oil heads northbound then Europe will be force to stop fishing in the next 100 years.

Not only that but we will face global cooling because the rate of the oil will 'clog' up the Atlantic Ocean. This is not something that we can say, Ehh, it's just an oil spill. NO! The aftermath will be much worse! Please inform people about this. ...

i ventured to say that this gusher (not volcano) will continue unabated...
and the As not yet prepared plan to cut-off/sequester the Gulf of Mexico gusher, from injecting the oil pollution into the GulfStream via the Florida straits...is the only logical & reasonable approach....but the administration and the corps of engineers are asleep at their desks !!!!

the global, northern hemisphere weather is the next environmental model to collapse with the ungodly ammount of GoM oil mixed into the Atlantic currents.

check out my 'St Udio' post(S) from at least a week ago, beginning with the first 'Loam' thread... read 'em and weep

[edit on 23-6-2010 by St Udio]

[edit on 23-6-2010 by St Udio]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Boohoo (sad face). Well, that option seems reasonable, but who would actually do it? Would it be the people? It's not like the government isn't doing something to help solve the problem. Damn, for some reason I get the feeling that they want us to turn or blame each other for somebody else's reason.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
he say "44bn qubic feet of water moves per second" and it covers 69 miles a day.

OK lets do the sums

264Bn per minuete or 1584bn per hour and 381,160bn a day

lets take 4 gallons to the qubic foot and we have one million gallons of oil a day which is 250,000 qubic feet per day

so the sum is

381,160,000,000,000 divide by
---------------------------

correct me if i'm wrong but this is a piss in the ocean and even at 69 miles a day it would still take months for the stream to complete a circuit.

Nothing adds up when it comes to this leak i know so please point out if my sums are wrong or offer up a more indepth version

edit to add

maybe we need to calculate 1m gallons a day at say 1" think to calculate the surface area effected each day and divide that by the total surface area covered by water on the earth to come up with a clear picture if anyone wants a go.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by LieBuster]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LieBuster

Your calculations for some reason doesn't add up in this dilemna. Perhaps the rate of the flow changes in certain locations?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LieBuster
maybe we need to calculate 1m gallons a day at say 1" think to calculate the surface area effected each day and divide that by the total surface area covered by water on the earth to come up with a clear picture if anyone wants a go.

One square mile is 27.9 million square feet. Assuming a depth of 1", multiple that by 1/12th. That gives you 2.3 million cubic feet. Convert to gallons by multiplying by 7.48:

It would take roughly 17.4 million gallons of oil to cover one square mile with one inch of oil.

Just to add, from there, its a basic math problem. There are 615,000 square miles of surface area to the Gulf of Mexico. To cover that in one inch of oil, you need about 10.8 trillion gallons. Assuming a one million gallon flow of oil per day, it would take 29,000 years to fill the Gulf with 1 inch of oil.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by vor78]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
OK this is my best shot, being simple and all that.

1 sq km is 1000 meters by 1000 meters so thats one million sq meters per km sq

because the crude oil is thick lets assume it takes one gallon to
cover 1 sq meter on the surface of the water and we have a million gallons a day then it takes one day to cover 1 sq km of the seas surface in thick crude oil.

The total surface of the earths seas is
361,800,000 sq km

Source

so it would take 1,005,000 days to cover the earths seas even at 1m
gallons a day flooding to the surface from GoM.

Any major damage to the earth could only come from as a bath scum where the sea meets the edge of the land and it becomes more concentrated.

Also bear in mind that the average debth of the sea is about 2km deep i think so the only other threat i could see is as the vapor comes off the oil when it gets heated by the sun in still water but again i think it would be far to weak to ignite and it's a bit like the sun shining on tarmack roads across the globe.

it would take 29,000 years to fill the Gulf with 1 inch of oil.

i think i have it as 2,753 years to cover the earths seas but i think my sum works out at about 1/2" thick but it's a bloody long time any way you look at it.

maybe we need to look at the total coats line of the words seas and the effect of it taking a year to spread all the oil before we call this mith busted.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by LieBuster]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LieBuster

You've missed a step on your math. You haven't converted the 361 million square KM to square meters. Its going to be a LOT longer than ~2700 years.

Actually, hang on a second. I may be wrong on that (and the metric conversion is really screwing me up

One square kilometer is one million square meters. That means 361 million square kilometers is 361 trillion square meters. Assuming you can fill one million square meters per day, you're going to be there a LONG time: ironically, 361 million days...or almost a million years.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by vor78]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Another Project Camelot theory.

If I had a quarter for every time, these guys have been right about anything, I still wouldn't have enough to play a game of pac-man.

They are fear mongers and use pseudo-science to prove points that aren't there.

All hogwash in my opinion, not even worth debating.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The methane is what i'm really REALLY worried about.....de-oxygenating the seawater is NOT good for business!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
You've missed a step on your math. You haven't converted the 361 million square KM to square meters. Its going to be a LOT longer than ~2700 years.

Yes i see and it's just over 99,000 years so looks like we are getting closer.

could we work the volume out of say 20,000psi thick liquid coming out of a 6" pipe with 'X' negative presure from the weight of the sea above the Bop pushing back down.

just working from a household tap at say 3 bar and a 1/2 inch hose pipe would work but i would not know how to account for the thinkness of the oil or the gravity pulling it back down but i'm sure someone here could work it out so that it would stand up to peer review.

Surly someone must had done this already but i've not see it.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpriebe81
The methane is what i'm really REALLY worried about.....de-oxygenating the seawater is NOT good for business!!!

Would the gas not just rise and bubble out the surface.

if water can hold the gas like it does air then maybe it's a problom in shallow water but a lot less in the deep of the seas.

too me any realy serious damage must be along the coast line and in shallow reed beds where it will kill the grass in no time and i would guess that 100-300km of coast line has seen the results already but the earth has a hell of a lot of coatline.

Fact is i don't realy know the results but i do know a lot of ships got sunk in WWII and i can not remember hearing about wide spread damage that could be described as a 'Life Ending events' but then again i didn't know 30 tons of avaition fule could melt/weaken steel that was 4" thick and make a building fall down.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LieBuster
could we work the volume out of say 20,000psi thick liquid coming out of a 6" pipe with 'X' negative presure from the weight of the sea above the Bop pushing back down.

Can't help you there. Someone with an engineering background would probably know how to calculate it.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
Can't help you there. Someone with an engineering background would probably know how to calculate it.

Looks like a lot of people are runing around saying the earth is going to end and don't do the sums themselves before jumping to such conclusions.

When it all over we will have to calculate how much each gallon that leasked has cost Bp.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
"One gallon of motor oil can contaminate one MILLION gallons of water."-
www.nccwep.org...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join