It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran on war alert over "US and Israeli concentrations" in Azerbaijan

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

Well oil, gas, and water...yes. But more the pipelines to China and India than the oil itself. More the real estate. All the countries in the path have been pretty much SOL for a long, long time now. Syria, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan (it's why the Russians were there), all the Baby Stans, Pakistan. And no excuse or lie or other evil maneuvering has stood in their way. Till Iran. They happen to have a history that pretty much disproves their lies and a president who doesn't mind looking a fool to bring world attention to their plight. He's a bit of a problem.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Interesting article, ties in nicely with the alleged Iranian response to troops in the Azerbaijan area, in NW of Iran.

Take this together with the 4 Special Forces subs that have been forward deployed for the first time ever, and it looks like they are gearing up for a HUGE Special forces op combined with air/missile strikes.

Just my wild speculation.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

They all export terror...the U.S. and Israel included.

I try to judge evenly and fairly, with as little bias and emotion as I can manage. Things are clearer when you make an effort to do this. For me anyway.

The U.S. has been saying that Iran is building a nuke since the 80s. Where's the nuke? And hell, if anyone really needs one (which I don't believe anyone does), it might just be Iran. They're the ones in the crosshairs, targeted for the same treatment Afghanistan and Iraq have gotten in the past decade.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I definitely agree, if anybody needs one it is probably Iran.
"People of Iran, have no fear!!! We are here to liberate you!!! *KABOOOOM*"

It's sad that so many people actually get a kick out of us going to war. Is this what we really need to be spending more of the money that we don't have on??
Shouldn't we be more focused on the multiple crapstorms taking place right here in our own backyard?? I guess that would make too much damn sense. I guess our leaders would actually have to give a crap about this country first, wouldn't they??

To those who are excited about war with Iran--My apologies for having forced you to read these few momentary thoughts. Back to your explosion-induced hard-ons.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Yes, I agree if any one country does need the bomb right now, it would be Iran.

But they reaping what they have sowed. Everyone is now worried about Irans proxy armies and the capacity to use a small nuclear device.

I do agree the US and Israel have their own little dirty tricks going on, but no one is worried about the US sending a nuke through a 'terrorist' proxy to the capitol of their country. This is where Iran has a problem, and they do not acknowledge it.

It does seem the pressure on Iran is ramping up here, especially with all the sanctions.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by ErEhWoN]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Hm, and what exactly is the reason for Israel and the US to strike on Iran?
No provokation from Iran whatsoever, everything it did was in compliance with all treaties it signed.

If the US and Israel attack it will be unprovoked, and a conquering war, nothing else.

Im with Iran on this

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

How come no one has mentioned that what the sanctions were really meant for was to make sure that no country assists Iran in any way when they are attacked. No monetary or military help will be allowed to be given to Iran without the risk of the entire world condemning your country.

It's really not that hard to put together.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

Proxy armies are nothing more than battle strategy. Don't we use proxies too? Did we not use Saddam Hussein then hang him because he knew too much? Did we not use the Shah of Iran? Don't we infiltrate these countries, including Iran, and find and use CIA operatives among their own people?

Everything goes in war, no? Why is it bad? Because someone we clearly want to attack (I've seen very little evidence to the contrary) might use it against us?

Iran's battle power has already been mentioned here. This is just another weapon in their arsenal, so to speak.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Interesting point, but if you look at the last contract signed in Iraq for oil development, it to a Chinese firm.

What does this mean to the Chinese, and are they complicit in these plans?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Economic blackmail and deals. That bought the votes in the UN for the sanctions against Iran too, I'm thinking.

And at the same time the UN is sanctioning Iran, Israel thumbs their nose at them. Israel Tells UN to shelve its flotilla raid probe.

It's all just very interesting to watch in a more detached manner.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

Sure. Iran is economically very sound...wealthy. They want to keep that.

It's not as primitive (I don't know what other word to use here) a country as many. In many ways, it's more advanced than even our "ally" Saudi Arabia, where you have only your very rich and everyone else at the bottom of the heap.

And don't think that Saudi Arabia wouldn't love to squelch them too...for maybe different reasons than the U.S. and Israel. Allies are are strange thing to begin with, but in the Middle East there always seems to be this "step ahead" thing going on, the allied lines there seem more fluid or something.

Saudi Arabia is allied with Israel and the U.S. to a point (what that is I don't quite know) and then when what they need done is done, will go off to fulfill their own and real agenda. Kinda like having someone else do their dirty work then dumping them. Again, kind of like we used Saddam. And Momar.

China needs the oil from Iran. Do you remember during a G8 conference a few years ago when China told the U.S. that any disruption to the Straits of Hormuz, for any reason, would be treated by China as an act of war against it? They need their oil.Complicit or not. Not really the issue. As long as things are good for them, they're good. But if Iran gets jumped, who knows what they'll do.

Oh and by the way? Russia? A whole other thing to watch too. Seemingly allied at times with Iran. Providing arms, whatever. But Russia has a very vested stake in who controls these pipelines I mentioned earlier. They're still also fighting for control too and do control many of the pipelines to Europe and some to a point to Central Asia. They currently have a hold in central Asia with the Baby stans, which we lost in 2005 due to Condie Rice's mismanagement but which will agaiin be an issue when we're "done" with toppling Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Syria, and get there. So they come in and out of this with kid gloves too...knowing what's coming.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
This shows that the Israeli sabre rattling has had the desired effect, they are panicking in fear of an attack.

There will of course be no attack, but watching them run around like headless chickens is mildly amusing.

They saw how we rolled over Iraq in a matter of days, a country they were unable to overcome after years of fighting, and they know our military capabilities - sometimes you win without even firing a single shot.

Sweltering inside a T-72 in the middle of the Iranian desert during the summer months, waiting to kill non-existent Jewish invaders is not my idea of fun, hope they remembered the sunscreen.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by ErEhWoN

Proxy armies are nothing more than battle strategy. Don't we use proxies too? Did we not use Saddam Hussein then hang him because he knew too much? Did we not use the Shah of Iran? Don't we infiltrate these countries, including Iran, and find and use CIA operatives among their own people?

Surely the most ominous and famous proxy ever was created by the US - Osama Bin Laden, a CIA op - created Al Quiada to combat the Russians in Afghanistan. When they were done with him, and wanted him to rat out all his friends - he went renegade, loyal to those who had fought with him against the Russians for years. Then they turned him into a demon - the bogey man, to justify endless occupation of Afghanistan.

Iran has done all it could reasonably do to avert this war - it is a war that the scum controllers and Zionist fanatics want - they are trying, and succeeding in subjugating the world.

Their media lies and deception is their main weapon - those who have knowledge, know that an attack on Iran is unconscionable - unfortunately people in the US mainly rely on the propaganda of TV for their information.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Amagnon]

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Amagnon]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I wish Russia would re-assert itself in Georgia - they should invade. It is an area they can move in without sparking WWIII, and it would probably diffuse the situation. They could also detain any US ship in the Black Sea, that might be a bit more provacative - but no-one in Washington would be willing to really p-ss off Russia.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Terviseks

it seems that 'they' are being overtly obvious, dispatching aircraft in the light-of-day, with no whitwash over their national origin symbols.

this is probably an exercise in "projecting power" or just the threat of power in facilities which were not previously afforded them (as Saudi was sitting on the fence with their fellow Islamic brethern (be they Shia or Sunni)

gamesmanship for this episode... who knows what may follow in the fall season

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Why? Are you joking? Your not dilusional enough to think Russia would last longer than Iraq if they attacked the US are you? I can not wait until we have a truely legitimate reason to fully flex our muscle. All of this politically correct bull crap out of the way.. We need to purge the planet...Middle east is a good place to start!

Can you terrorists hurry up and NUKE the USA please.. We need a reason to unleash hell on someone.. This hide and go seek in the desert crap is getting old. Wonder what the Kremlin would look like with old faithful flapping in the wind.

You all hate us anyway.. Come get some.

You think our military is tough? Try marching through the midwest!

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Mobius1974]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I am wary of accepting this as fact since the only sources we know of are both Israeli. Until we get some info from an "independent" source, Iranian or American one, I have to hold off on my judgment about this.

This could be Israel playing mind games with Iran making them think an attack is imminent and very close.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

Pretty sad that you look forward to the death of hundreds of thousands of AMERICANS just so you have a reason to kick some Middle Eastern butt. I'll never understand mentality like yours.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

I am a firm believer we need to purge the planet or the planet is going to purge us!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
This story is also here www.ynetnews.com...
It also goes on about the test's run by the Saudi's to ensure safe travel through there airspace.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join