It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WolframAlpha serves up knowledge on a silver platter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I spent the better part of the day playing with this gem. The possibilities are endless. I have a feeling these kind of sites are the rage of the future.

Imagine if you could have an audible version of this programed in your house. You could ask out loud anything and it could answer with all statistics.

"Computer, I just found out I have acid reflux. Compute my current life expectancy at my current age. "

Linky

Try it!

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Digital_Reality]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

I saw this in his TED presentation, absolutely awesome!

I wonder if he will sell it out to google, or try to compete with them?

Wish I could buy stock in this!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

I wish they would gear the product toward home AI. It would not be hard to program this into a home touch panel system for audible requests. We have all seen it in futuristic movies. They would corner the market in home AI.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Digital_Reality]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
It wouldn't require much at all to do this.

We already have speech recognition software that is even pretty inexpensive.

One would merely need to code up an interface between the Speech Recognition software that would save your microphone input and create a text string to forward to the web page via java script and html.

The java script and html would simply call the web site via IP protocol forwarding your query in the form of a string of text encapsulated in html so the page could read it to:

www.wolframalpha.com...

For example......

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
For all parties interested in Wolframs work i did a very well recieved thread on it here
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Why the Universe may be a Computer afterall: Genetic Algorithms, Cellular Automata, and Rule 110

Interesting read! this guy is a genius!

new topics

top topics

join