It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think they stopped crushing Electric cars back in the 90's? Think again.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Who needs oil when you have water:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

You're my hero.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I had originally applied to race in the x prise foundations gas milage race car competition. Upon actually reading all the things you agreed to (and the $5000 entry fee) was amazed. I asked 3 different people to read the "package" and they all said, "wow they (x prise) are all out to steal your technology" in the case of the x-race, its thru fee's that are way too much for the average joe, requirements to meet fed standards of crash test, other people having unsupervised access to all your info, etc. Then theres the fact that the race still has not taken place, 3-5 years after it was anounced. All fluff, build up, and nothing usable
IMHO its all about tech rip off and grabbing it to "lock up". period.
the million dollar prizes are being paid for by the people that are to compete. Look at the people that are on the team. then, they invite you to high priced "publicity events" for fund raising purposes.

www.xprize.org...

dr

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Very good post! S&F. These kinds of topics is what I like about ATS- This thread shares nothing but truth.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by SneakAPeek]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
"Car"porations are out to make money. They want to eliminate the competition and control the market. That is pretty much ALL corporations, even many of the so-called non-profits.
Internal combustion engines are dirty and they need maintenance. That means parts and labor after the sale. It is all about the "continuing" sale, the sales after the sale.
They do not exist to EMPOWER the consumer, only to make you THINK you are empowered.
It is just another business expense to buy out their potential rivals while they are still small, it is smart business.
The answer is to stop buying.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Cudos to the OP!!! Right-on!!
I am a pilot- and have built, and maintained, my own aircraft for almost 20 years.
"Parasitic drag", (wind dragging against the vehicle), accounts for 60% (?) of air resistance. More horsepower? Sure, thar works- a little. For 4x horsepower increase, you can double your speed.
EVERY pilot knows, aerodynamics, making your design "slip through the air", is where the REAL increases in speed and economy lie. Simple aerodynamics.
Have you noticed- the NEW Jags, have a smooth sheet-metal BOTTOM-side? THAT reduces drag!
NOW- the REAL problem, with TPTB NOT allowing a super-high performance, economical vehicle, is Multinationalmegacorporations.
As long as just a few, inbred corporations, are controlling the market- NOTHING will change.
My 1969, 4-seat, 235HP airplane, gets about the same MPG, as my SUV. Going 2x as fast, in a straight-line. So, I use about 1/2 the fuel, on a regular trip, than I would in my SUV. Plus- I get there in about 1/4 the time!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Electric car of 1910

Made by General Motors.... 1910 Waverley

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SneakAPeek

Edit: Might want to turn the Font down a bit there

Apologies, it's a busy day at work and there's an ESL school underneath me roaring every 5 minutes at the freaking world cup

[edit on 22-6-2010 by D.E.M.]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

Sorry about that. The earliest year you mentioned in your starting post is 1985. What I'm trying to say is. They been destroying the secrets of Electric cars since. 1910

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.

While your dump of fanciful covers from Popular Mechanics was amusing, do you really feel the need to repeat it, with an offensive 20pt bolded font as well? That has nothing to do with the topic at hand, and I resent your intrusion that contributes little to the discussion.

While I respect your thread, I think your a little too aggressive here.

It was an interesting image for me at least, he seems to just want to help your thread, he shouldn't have repeated it thou, but oh well.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

See my edit up there

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Star for the thread.

There is a ton of green tech that has been developed only to be bought up and put in a storage unit as the technology represents a massive dent in the idea's of the motor and oil industry. Politicians have allowed big business to do as they have pleased ad have been happy to accept the briefcase full of cash to look the other way.

Funny really that Greed and greed alone is destroying the planet and that most folk really don't or would rather not care.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by 30_seconds

What we could have today should look like Star Trek.

What we do have today looks like the year 1900, with shiny paint.

Yes, that is how the world works.....

If people get over greed and fear the world would be a much imaginative place.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ISHAMAGI

Originally posted by 30_seconds

What we could have today should look like Star Trek.

What we do have today looks like the year 1900, with shiny paint.

Too true. The biggest roadblock is money. Until we move from a monitary system people will never be used for their talents and innovation. As long as profit is the main motivation technology will continue to be squashed.

I remember long ago cleaning out my parents basement and finding some national geographics from the mid 50s. Flipping through the ads in them was the first time I really realized that we had no real new technology. It was all just updates and they were squashing anything of value.

you know, i keep hearing things like this all the time. I keep hearing that money sucks and everyone making money is evil etc. etc.
Thats all fine and great, but what's the alternative?
Sure, corporate greed and lack of care for anything of value sucks. But, what are you proposing exactly?
Communism?
There's really only two communist countries left that are anywhere close to civilization.
1 is north korea. Their technology is about equivalent to America in the 1950's.
2 is china. China is basically the equivalent of capitalism and has no real ties to communism economically anymore.

If you want to see your plan in full fledged glory, just head over to North Korea. They assign food rations and assign work to people that best fit a designated roles. I mean really, its a utopian place. That is, if you dont mind the 1 channel on TV airing Kim Jong Il 24/7 and the 1950s(or earlier) technology. Oh and internet? ATS? HA!

So yes, money sucks and its evil and horrid, but thats what's driving our technology in the first place.

Just wait a little while and things will settle. We have Tesla getting closer and closer to a commercial product that will make the oil Execs put a gun to their heads.
If this was communism, you really think Tesla would ever exist? Chances are wed be stuck with oil for another 200 years.

The biggest threat to us getting further in advancement is the government stepping in and telling us what to buy and not to buy. I would worry about that more than about Honda being retarded.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by demonseed]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

The biggest roadblock is laziness. Pure and simple. People like to blame the government, the "NWO", the oil companies, money, religion. ETC. See the trend?

There's nothing stopping you from going out and replicating what this guy did 30 years ago. Hell, if I had a torch and knew how to weld, I'd be out there fabricating aerodynamic sheathes like nobodies business. As it is, all I can do is modify the vehicles I have within my boundaries.

So you are correct, it is not the monetary system or any other fall guy. The issue is armchair reactionists who are too busy pointing the finger to get up and bother building something that will change the world.

It's oh so easy to blame a nebulous concept, than admit the problem is ourselves and our neighbors.

reply to post by ISHAMAGI

You are correct, for all the reasons I stated above. Know what happened in the 50's? Television. Film. The Soap Opera. No need to spend time tinkering in the garage when you could be watching the Soprano's instead.

It's only in the past 5-10 years with the advent of websites like Instructables and publications like MAKE magazine that the basement inventor has really started to emerge into the mainstream again.

Which is a good thing, because we are going to need an army of Matsu's if we want to survive the next 100 years. In fact, I'd hazard that the only people who will survive are those actively perusing Instructables right now. The finger pointers? Going the way of the dinosaur they physically resemble.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by D.E.M.]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
MAN, the powers that be are doing a great job of supressing the news of the pnuematic car developed in France.

www.keyframe5.com...

The air pressure cars feel and drive pretty much like a normal car. When they mass-produce the air car, they said the top speed would be 110km per hour. The car can be refill on the compressed air service station within three minutes. Alternatively, the driver may plug it in a power home with the onboard compressor would do the job within four hours and it would cost about two dollars worth of electricity.

From the many articles I have read on this, the technology has already been established, and reasonable sized vehicles have already been built, and they are currently working on going into production.

Currently, they are apparently in the development of a new vehicle that will get a 4,500 Km driving range. This essentially makes the inernal combustion engine obsolete. With service stations that provide air, which should be very cheap, the only way that current oil and automobile companies will survive is by crushing this technology.

Electric and air driven cars will last a million miles. They are far simpler to buidd, and require far less maintenance. They don't need coolant systems, cams, complicated valve and ignition systems, probably not caliper brakes, and maybe not transmissions, are a lot less complicated transmissions. The only moving parts are bearings, and what ever they are using to control air flow. Elecrtric motors are even more simple, and the whole thing becomes a matter of dealing with batteries.

This puts the whole disposable goods market system in jepordy. When you have to invest a large portion of your income into buying a car every five years, regular maintenance, high interest rates, higher insurance rates, and of course high fuel costs, it is very difficult to build up wealth. Add in the designed effort to force urbanization and increase driving distances, the PTB are able to strip every bit of wealth that you create away from you.

The PTB are the automobile companies and the oil companies, and all this nonsense about these other groups, bildiburgers, Rothschilds, Rome, or whatever is nothing but a sleight of hand distraction. Have no doubt about it, these people are evil.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

here is a question to you and everyone else who will read this thread.

What can I do about this?

I am willing to do whatever I can to push this idea forward, but I nor anybody I talk to has any idea how to go about enacting change. If I show people the Stan Meyer water car, I am told it was all a hoax and I am stupid for believing it. Yet the Government was seriously looking into his technology.

The above video of the water car, same thing. It's just like the UFO thing. Yea, I just saw one, it landed in my yard, and I talked with the pilot and he showed me around, but If I tell anybody that, I am a nut-job. (that didn't happen, it was for dramatic affect)

I have been following Honda's Hydrogen car FCX Clarity and their hydrogen fueling station. A home based hydrogen producer that can also power your home. can it be done? I am willing to bet it already has. But I will kiss your ass if it ever comes to our homes.

Tell me what I can do. I am tired of this direction.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Instructables

Make Magazine

That should get you started. A wealth of projects within that can help you down whatever path you're interested in.

Specifically fuel economy and efficient vehicles? Look into HHO combustion. Essentially you tie an electrolysis device into your engines power supply and pump hydrogen into your engine. Coupled with a few tinkers with the onboard computer this can increase your fuel economy by as much as 20MPG.

There's a wealth of projects out there and routes you can take to start making a change. Just involves a bit of drive, inquisitiveness, and willingness to get your hands dirty.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The reason hydrogen cars will never see the light of day for the public, is because that would require citizens to make hydrogen.

Hydrogen is one of the ingredients that is used to build powerful explosives.

I know that the real reason is because of money, but that (the hydrogen explosive nonsense) is the story they feed us.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

See above. I learned how to make Hydrogen in highschool science class. I'm converting a car to utilize it. It is, truly, one of the simplest things to make from a chemistry/engineering standpoint. One of the safest, too, as long as you take proper precautions (same goes for gasoline, LNG, diesel, Li-On batteries, really).

Sure, you could burn your face off if you are dumb enough to bring an open flame near it. But I trust that anyone with the know-how to separate Hydrogen is not that dumb, and if they are that dumb: Darwinism

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join