It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goofy on Israel and 9-11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Anyone seen this clip from Family Guy?

I was quite shocked by it. Pretty brave by the creators? Or is it intended to mock people who share anything resembling that view on the attacks?

For me it is a fair point, as Bin Laden gave the U.S. support of Israel as one of the main reasons for the attacks. Still to come out and say that on one of the most popular comedies in the western world?.

Very strange.

Thoughts?

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Anyone able to work out what the intention of this clip was meant to be?

Almost seems like an ode to Anti-Semites and the judgement they will recieve at death?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Don't think they are taking the mick but the truth is known to a lot of people and it will be no joke when they are brought to justice.

I see Haliberton is back in the news over it's involment in Bp oil leak and seem to be allowed to get away with anything much like Iserail so don't tell me half the board of directors are zionist will yah.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
This appears to be drawn from the same people that make Family Guy. The voice and detail of characters is exactly the same as FG, so I would say that this is a clip from one of their famous "like the time when....." sketches

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Another terrible clip from the family guy cartoon. People actually still watch this show on FOX?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

It is on BBC3 in the U.K.. It is not the best show but it does have it's moments.

My point is that those who watch this show will have little understanding of what this clip is trying to imply, suggest. The makers of the show know this, so why throw it in there?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

On a different tangent - but I thought ^this^ could find a home here too.

I used to enjoy family guy, I can't watch it anymore, its just not that funny (it has its random moments) but overall its weak in comedy and strong on misogynistic subliminals if you ask me.

As for the Goofy clip, its like a lot of well written satire (if I can have leniency in using that term), it could be viewed by Zionists and Anti-Zionists - and each may draw their own positive conclusions.

Is Goofy dumb, therefor his views are unvalid and he will go to hell
Or are we dumb, don't know our views, and Israel and US are doing evil
Or
Or
Or
etc.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

Good analysis Ghost. It is cleverly done to avoid crictisim, although i wouldn't be surprised if AIPAC or the Anti-Defamation League cried Anti-Semite at the writers of Family Guy. Although i doubt anyone who watches Family Guy would complain and report it, so how would they know?!

Yeh i have seen that clip on Ground Zero. I think it's hilarious because it takes the piss out of the U.S. MSM, the people who believe it and those in power who attempt to exploit 9-11 for their own ends.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

I agree, it's crafted to be ambiguous, but it veers from the government/media obfuscation in that the Bushian explanation was the moronic "because they hate our freedoms," and the clip says the unspeakable (by the MSM and politicians) that it was because of our support for Israel.

Edit to add that it's even less ambiguous than I thought because Family Guy is always reversing everything--the unreasonable is portrayed as reasonable, the honest or good person is punished or loses, someone right is portrayed as wrong, etc. It's satire through and through, and in this case, they're poking at the Israel connection that TPTB don't want to discuss, but the messenger is goofy and goes to hell, another reversal.

[edit on 6/23/2010 by yuefo]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

Great analysis Yuefo. That sounds about correct to me.

Would be good to see more of this kind of thing in more mainstream comedy.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Good old Family Guy, always good for a cheap laugh. This reminds me of the Mel Gibson apology to the Jews.

Warning: Some might find this offensive, proceed with caution:

Mel Gibson apologizes to the Jews

[edit on 1/7/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Ha ha, that is brilliant. Gibson, what a helmet.

Are the creators and/or writers of Family Guy Jewish?

There seems to be a lot of satire directed towards the Jews on the show.

top topics

join