It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.J. Naval Base Under 'Lockdown' After Several Incidents Reported

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

N.J. Naval Base Under 'Lockdown' After Several Incidents Reported

www.foxnews.com

DEVELOPING: LAKEHURST, N.J. -- Officials have locked down the Naval Air Engineering
Center in Lakehurst, N.J.

Median Relations Coordinator Senior Airman David Carbajal says there were several incidents Monday which he is not yet able to provide more information about.

Carbajal says no shots were fired.

The lockdown means traffic can't get in or out of the base, which was where the airship Hindenberg exploded in 1937.

One of the base's main missions centers around equipment used to launch aircraft from aircraft carriers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
cbs3.com

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Not sure exactly what is going on there yet.

Little information is provided since this is just breaking news.

All I could find on this so far is,

cbs3.com...

Officials placed the Lakehurst portion of the Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst on lockdown Monday morning, prohibiting anyone from leaving or entering the base The lockdown went into effect about 9:15 a.m. on the 42,000 acre Naval Air Systems Command base (NAVAIR), however it's unclear as to what put base officials on alert.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-6-2010 by InvisibleObserver]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
More info:

UPDATE 11:07AM EST: According to Trentonian News, officials locked down the Naval Air Station after reports of shots being fired by a perpetrator.

Currently, a manhunt with a K-9 unit is under way for a man who jumped the naval station’s fence.

Authorities are also looking for a FedEx truck that came onto the base without delivering a package. Allegedly the driver is in possession of a .38 handgun.

The New Jersey state Police Aviation unit, a SWAT Team and federal officers are conducting the manhunt. Officials have established a command post on Route 547 as they attempt to track the alleged shooter.

www.theyeshivaworld.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MKULTRA

Thanks MKULTRA,

Wow you were fast with that information, nice work.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I don't know if we should attribute this to something going down with operation blackjack, or if this is just one of those nearly daily occurrences in which vigilant people catch others trying something.

If this is operation blackjack at work, it sounds like those involved aren't very well trained if they are trying to jump a fence in daylight.
People are a lot more vigilant these days.

Anyway, I am glad someone had their eyes open and I hope they catch the people.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MKULTRA

A FedEx truck that didn't deliver a package? They might want to evacuate a large area around that truck and send in the bomb squad.

This could get bad, quick. Operation Black Jack, anyone?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MKULTRA

At 11:07, there were reports of shots fired.

At 11:12, they denied there were shots fired.

Now which one should we believe, hmm? 11:12 is a cover story. We've seen this a thousand times. The original news always leaks out, and then the cover story/disinformation follows.

Everything we here now from the MSM is cover story. The truth usually takes several days to leak out.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I'm not saying this is or isn't anything...guess we'll see. But believe it or not, but a lot of the "terrorist" chatter regards the Philly/south NJ area. You wouldn't think it would be a primary target, but apparently, it is. I don't have any sources for this tidbit that I can divulge, so take it or leave it as info to tuck away.

Also, this is very close to where that NJ state trooper committed suicide the other day. That story started out very jumbled and confused too. Probably unrelated but you never know.

Pentagon making statement on this? Hmmm...

[edit on 21-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The Pentagon is supposed to be making a statement shortly, according to Fox News. I wonder what's going on ... ?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
All the "breaking news' is now off the front page at Foxnews.com

The link to the article is still working..for now.

Thanks for the quick post..this is one to watch.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

At 11:07, there were reports of shots fired.
At 11:12, they denied there were shots fired.

That's strange, was there shots fired or not?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Great to see that U.S bases are well guarded.

I don't understand how somoene randomly managed to fire shots then jump a fence, let alone a Fedex truck turn up without actually delivering a package.

Were no lessons learned the last time someone started opening fire on a military base?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleObserver
reply to post by MKULTRA

Thanks MKULTRA,

Wow you were fast with that information, nice work.

I appreciate you posting this thread so quickly. I also saw a story indicating that a taxi cab had crashed through the gate at the base, but I can't find the link for it now.

Incidentally the lockdown has just been lifted.

Officials have lifted a lockdown that lasted a little more than two hours at a Naval air base in Lakehurst on Monday morning.

wcbstv.com...

[edit on 21-6-2010 by MKULTRA]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Wasn't it a pizza delivery at Ft Dix last time? Well at least they're on top of it there.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Lakehurst military base is locked down due to 'several simultaneous incidents

Senior Airman David Carbajal said "several simultaneous incidents" prompted the lockdown at 9:15 a.m. He said he did not know what those incidents were.

This sounds to me like an attempted coordinated attack that didn't work. Security must have done their jobs right.

side note: FedEx might be finding they have a dead employee somewhere. Dude was probably high jacked by these terrorists.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I am on Ft Monmouth and they are thinking of locking this base down as well for fear that something else may happen. We are getting some chatter here about the incident, but nothing major. Apparently a truck pulled up, something suspicious was seen, people ran off, shots were fired, people are being looked for. That is all the info that I have at the moment.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Black Ops

Thanks Black Ops.

Keep us posted if you hear more.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
cbs3.com...

Lock down is lifted.

Still no official word on what went down.

Press conference to be held this afternoon according to local NJ news.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Hrrmm, probably found whomever... Can't wait to see what jumble of BS they tell everyone...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Black Ops
Hrrmm, probably found whomever... Can't wait to see what jumble of BS they tell everyone...

LOL...exactly. "The Official statement about the shots fired....apparently some of our guards were shooting at a flock of birds. That is all, and God Bless America."

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join