It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but you might die today.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Thats if the BP oil spill worse case scenario plays out...and Im talking the WORSE case.

It goes like this....

Theres a scientist, who believes that the dinaosaurs went extinct because of a methane chain reaction cause by a comet hitting the ocean (Ill try to find the link but there are plenty of vids describing it..Mega diasasters is the show that had him on)

Methane lies in resiviors at the bottom of the ocean...but its unstable. When it becomes a gas it fizzes up and expands, like shaking a soda bottle. The right event can set off a chain reaction that starts the "fizzing".

that triggers more and more fizzing until the gasses escape out of the oceans, trigger mega tsunamis, choke out all oxygen breathing life, and can ignite into a massive fireball.

Sooooo, today (June 21) BP revealed the Blowout preventer is tilting, Theres a good chance the BOP is tilting because the sea floor is about to collapse, because the oil basically eroded away cavaties underneath. This could trigger such a methane chain reaction.

Again, this is the WORSE case scenario. Do I think this will happen? HECK NO.

But the atlantic may be a toxic soup for the next thirty years, the word may have toxic acid rain dropped on all its crops, and the fumes from surface oil could create untold deaths over time. See, thats a little better than extinction.

Ok, thanks for reading. Again sorry to bum you out, please return back to whatever it is you were doing and enjoy your day.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Thanks for the well wishes

As if I didn't have enough to worry about today (BLACKJACK!!!!)

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Everything will be ok, ITS WRITTEN!!!!!
ENJOY THE NICE DAYS WHY WE HAVE EM.....

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracyguru

Well, there are so many people trying to wreck this planet.

But we may survive!

I don't know how.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Worst. Worst case scenario.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Well, I guess I don't have to worry about quitting smoking or cutting down on my alcohol consumption.

Also, I will stop saving for little Effluvio's college education (he wants to be a brain surgeon).

How will I break the news to my new kitten, Ginger? I found her in the carport.

I was thinking that people in the gulf are should be provided with free gas masks anyway. I saw some cheap ones on Ebay. The kinds that painters use, light duty, very cheap.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Well, I guess its time to crack open Cormac McCarthy's The Road again and bone up on my canned-food-collecting, cannibal-dodging skills.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Un Bel Di, not Un Bel DIE.

But if I do die today, I couldn't ask for a better day.
I'm happy & and have

PEACE.

What man continues to do to this beautiful world.

"With every day, your promises fade away"

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

I'm not necessarily doubting that your worst case scenario is possible, and I don't know enough to confirm it, either

...However, I have a question: Why wouldn't simply pumping this oil (such as with a "working" drilling platform) also have the potential to cause this methane disaster you described?

Wouldn't this oil be coming out of the Earth even if the Deep Water Horizon never exploded?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
The good news is you might live today!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

I'm not necessarily doubting that your worst case scenario is possible, and I don't know enough to confirm it, either

...However, I have a question: Why wouldn't simply pumping this oil (such as with a "working" drilling platform) also have the potential to cause this methane disaster you described?

Wouldn't this oil be coming out of the Earth even if the Deep Water Horizon never exploded?
Think of a soda bottle that has not been opened yet.
Now shake it up and pop a hole in the side of the bottle with a drill bit.

Now imagine the soda in a BALLOON......

In this case they have hit a balloon.

Previously the wells that they have drilled have hit a bottle of non-carbonated water.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by butcherguy]

[edit on 21-6-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

It would be fine if there was a well casing. but the well casing has been breached and there are cracks of oil seeping out of the ocean floor, cutting their own channels through the bedrock.

BP did something it never should have done. It tried to drill a super deep well in the ocean. Super deeps are ment for land. The pressure in them is far greater than a regular well. Russia had 5 such blowouts on land. They had to nuke them to stop them.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
[snip] christ, if this is the worst case scenario, then i'm out of here. y'all better make right with christ.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

LoL... get 'em!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
So, what are ya'll trying to say? Should I hang onto next months rent, or go out and party tonight?
I knew there had to have been a reason why I felt like retiring 14 years ago just after I turned 39 instead of taking my chances and waiting until I was 65 or 70 or whatever most people wait until .. looks like I wouldn't have lived that long. Good call on my part, eh?
Say, if we're all gonna die anyhow, everybody should quit their jobs today and just kick back and relax while the planet slowly dissolves all around us.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Divinorumus]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Like I said in the thread about Operation Blackjack, I'm not going to worry about it either way. I've made my peace with the likelihood that I might die any day a long time ago. That's what growing up in the cold war does for you. I do sort of hope that the end is quick. I really don't want to scrounge for canned food or dodge cannibals.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by thaknobodi
[snip] christ, if this is the worst case scenario, then i'm out of here. y'all better make right with christ.

LOL, and here I was sitting wondering if I should convert to muslim in these final moments so I'll have a bunch of virgins waiting for me on the other side after it happens.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus

Originally posted by thaknobodi

LOL, and here I was sitting wondering if I should convert to muslim in these final moments so I'll have a bunch of virgins waiting for me on the other side after it happens.

That's the spirit! First big dump day on Wall Street on a Friday and I'm pulling all my money out of the bank.

Besides the oil spill, there are a bunch of cowboys just waiting to push the button on Iran. Don't care to donate the few pennies I still have in the bank.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
anyone can die at any given day ...

what else can I add?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
WOW..what a way to start my monday off!
Sometimes this site scares the crap outta me!

Some of the responses were quite amusing though...thanks for the laugh
I was wondering the same thing that above poster mentioned about going all out and saying "screw you" to my creditors

top topics

<<   2 >>

join